Use Up Your Stash 2012 - Session 3

It's wash night. So prepooed with the Burt Bee's DC. :nono: I am going to use this up no matter what. But it smells like urine :lol: When I rinsed my hair I kept looking around for the smell. Then I realize it was my hair. I'm glad I'm using it as my first step.

Washed with my new As I Am Cleansing Conditioner. This works better than shampoo or conditioner for me. So I shouldn't have any problem using it up. Going to try the Hair One next week to compare it to.

DCing now with AO Blue Chamomile. Diluting it with water to try to stretch it.

Think I will be able to use up the last of the As I Am leave-in. Not sure what I am going to use to twist my hair up.

Used the last of my castor oil making my scalp oil. I won't buy any more castor oil until after the new year. If I run out of scalp oil I will just use olive oil.

Doing pretty well using things up this month. :yep:

Nothing used up right now, but I think that I'm about 4 more uses left of my AO Daily Cream Rinse.

Sending another care package to my little sister in a couple of days. The Keracare cleanser may make it's way into that box... :spinning:

Had to buy my staples 2X Aubrey organics GBP, 2X HSR and 1 liters of hair one hair. Was totally not a PJ buy it was out of necessity. Spent like 60 bucks on all that...sheesh. I could totally have been a product junkie but I didn't

Used up L'oreal everSleek frizz serum and
L'oreal EverPure Moisture leave-in conditioner. I really like the serum but its too small of a bootle for how much I like to use. I'll like the leave-in more once my ends are curly....this makes them straight because its a bit watery.

OMJ! I never thought I would finish my Paul Mitchell The Conditioner leave-In but I did tonight!!! Next up are AO WC and GPB conditioners. I should finish these next week!

Last edited:
I must say ,this challenge is being very helpful ,i m always looking forward to finish something so i can proudly post it on here LOL

Do you ladies find it easier to finish products using multiple stuff at the same time or focusing on finishing one ?

Do you ladies find it easier to finish products using multiple stuff at the same time or focusing on finishing one ?

I primarily focus on using one product. I feel a greater since of accomplishment. It also really allows me to see if a product is working. If I am using different products from week to week I can't really tell if it works for my hair. My hair is very fickle. And just changing one product can throw everything off.

I primarily focus on using one product. I feel a greater since of accomplishment. It also really allows me to see if a product is working. If I am using different products from week to week I can't really tell if it works for my hair. My hair is very fickle. And just changing one product can throw everything off.

My hair is a bit like that aswell ,if i'm not consistent with a product it can be very much hit and miss .For instance i used to think Kbb sweet ambrosia was not working for my hair ,whereas by using it regularly i found out that it does work in concotion with oils as glycerin doesn't really help with frizziness and moisture:spinning:.Same thing happened with the Totally Twisted ,i was so confused ,one day it would work really well ,the next made my hair sticky and gluey ,come to find out i was using too much of it and had build up from other oils.

Just stopping in to see what you ladies are up to. I am still hiding my hair and doing bi-monthly cornrows under a wig because I am lazy and really dont have time bc of school. I will be done with school on Nov 30 so maybe I will beable to start washing back weekly again.

I havent used up anything lately but I have been using a DC so that should be gone soon. Maybe this weekend, no later then November 10th.

It was wash day but didn't use anything up. I prepooed with the Stinky Burt Bees DC. I wish I had used this up. But I have 1 more use.

I colored my hair last night Medium Brown with ION Demi Permanent. Washed with the As I Am Coconut Cleansing Cream. I like this product :yep: I cowashed with the Deva Curl One. I will probably use this up in November. This morning I DCd with Avocado and honey. That was a fail. Then I used Komaza Aloe Leave-in, applied a little oil and then followed by Califia Moisturing Cream.

I used up all the samples I got from my product buddy but then someone sent me another box load :yay: I will only buy 1 more product this year - the Taliah Waajid Curling Cream. I just need a heavier moisturizer mid-week. The Jane Carter won't do. That will be my November purchase. Besides that I will just buy hair color when I need it.

I may not have my staples 100% by Jan 2013 but I feel I will be very close.

Tossed Curl Junkie smoothing lotion. I really like this when it doesn't suds up but I can't get enough uses out of the $20 bottle so I probably will not be purchasing in the future.

I finally finished my SSI fortifying mask. The completion is bittersweet as that mask always did my hair right. Probably pick one up for BF.

I think many of my staples change from season to season. Some products that I hated this summer are working very well right now.

Not using anything up at the moment. Wigging it. My braid spray is getting low. I will repurchase that for sure.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using LHCF

Back