Use 1 Buy 1 Challenge pt.5

@BrownBetty Yeah that's part of the reason I decided against coloring my hair. I didn't want to add more problems to my hair.

@IDareT'sHair I used Garnier Whole Blends Coconut Water & Vanilla Milk Hydrating Mask with HV's Cocasta Oil. I'll have to use it a few more times to really say if it's a hot or miss, but so far I really loved the combo with steaming. The mask is a light creamy consistency and it melted in my hair. I usually prefer more thicker creams as DC's for my hair, but my hair felt really good afterwards with curls/coils popping everywhere.

@BrownBetty Yeah that's part of the reason I decided against coloring my hair. I didn't want to add more problems to my hair.

@IDareT'sHair I used Garnier Whole Blends Coconut Water & Vanilla Milk Hydrating Mask with HV's Cocasta Oil. I'll have to use it a few more times to really say if it's a hot or miss, but so far I really loved the combo with steaming. The mask is a light creamy consistency and it melted in my hair. I usually prefer more thicker creams as DC's for my hair, but my hair felt really good afterwards with curls/coils popping everywhere.

@flyygirlll2
I have the regular conditioner from the coconut, honey & coconut water line. They are nice but I don't think I'm gonna buy them again once I use them up. I was gonna get the mask but passed on it.

@rileypak
What do you think is causing your 'tenderness'?

I'm thinking it's the way I part my hair. I've been working in four sections forever and it's probably time to change it up for a bit.
I sectioned the tender part together after my DC Friday and it already feels much better without me doing anything beyond that.
I'll still keep an eye on it though.

@rileypak

Glad it's feeling better. What are you DC'ing with these days?

This month, Mielle Organics Babassu Mint DC and using up an almost empty jar of old formula Silk Dreams Razzberry Coconut Affair. I've really been trying to stick to going through the open stuff in the stash.
The only new stuff I'm using is the APB Moisturizing Whipped Cleansing Creme and my butters I seal with.

@IDareT'sHair
My sarenzo creamy oil virtues are squeezable....

Y'all since I'm a straight haired natural, I only wash and press my hair twice a month. I noticed that my hair grew much faster when I washed more often. I don't know how to encorperate that into my regimen when I press it every two weeks. I still plan on relaxing, I'm just trying to do it as a virgin relaxer.

What do you use to color?
@BrownBetty,

I use Matrix Develop 10 and Matrix Color Sync 1A (Black Ash), mix a 50/50 mix of both and put on damp hair BEFORE shampooing.

I simply spritz my hair until damp only with some water before applying the demi color.

I then leave it on for 30 minutes, (with or without conditioning cap and no heat necessary) shampoo, oil rinse and detangle under running water in the shower, DC, style as usual.

I get a very rich black color with this.

Back