Use 1 Buy 1 Challenge pt.5

@IDareT'sHair The Shea Mouisture color is permanent. No, the semi perminant didn't take to my hair much. The only time it did was when I did it right after a relaxer. My mother still relaxers her hair and uses Jazzing. Her hair is a reddish burgundy color. People often think it's bleached but it's only semi permanent.

This is the color I'm referring to. She's like me where she only wears her hair up in a bun 99.9% of the time. This is the only pic I have when she dropped her hair from a bun.
image.jpeg

ETA- This was taken before my mother was diagnosed with breast cancer. She's been in remission since then and her hair now is BSL I think, but the color still comes out like this.

Last edited:
@flyygirlll2
Well, you just answered my question.

Do you use a developer with a semi? I want one that you don't have to use a developer.
@IDareT'sHair

I believe you can find semi permanent color specifically for gray hair (very resistant to semi permanent color normally) but I can't say for sure how well they work. The Clairol Beautiful Collection has them for sure:yep:. I might give them a whirl and see how much I like them. If it has a great color deposit and cover and lasts for a good while, I will most likely switch to them permanently.

Last edited:
This morning I used up my last Redken Time Rest Youth Revitalizer Deep Treatment as a cowash. This has been discontinued so I will not be replacing it. So I will move on to another conditioner in my stash.

I love that Mielle Organics DC.
My hair is uber soft today :drool:

I'm going to have to baby my crown a little for a while. No hair issues but I noticed my scalp in that area was a tiny bit tender this past wash day. I'll be sectioning it off from the rest of my head and treating it with a little more TLC for a while to head off any big issues.

Back