Use 1 Buy 1 Challenge pt.5

Used Mielle Organics Babassu Mint DC (new formula) last night.
I was hoping there wouldn't be a difference in the versions (even put off using the one jar of old formula I have just in case). I can say for now, it's still as wonderful as I remember. Maybe even a tiny bit better. Absorbed nicely as I applied, texture still loose but goes on really well, could detangle as I applied, and didn't really need too much. Once I went to rinse out after using my thermal heat cap, my hair was nicely balanced (a tad strong but really soft). So far, coupled with my leave-ins my hair is air-drying super soft :drool:
I'll see how it goes over the week but for now it's still a staple and I ain't scurred no more about the changes it went through :yep:

{I wish I could still read the label on my old one though to compare all the exact changes...}

Last edited:
I haven't purchased anything lately so I'll share what I've used up. Going from memory....
HV Gellicious
HV Red Tea (x1 backup)
Komaza Bountiful Mane (x1 backup)
Komaza Pona Hair and Scalp (x1 backup)
Cantu for Kids Detangler
Sally's GVP Conditioning Balm
Silk Element Kera Minerals (x1 backup)

Tried the LottaBody Custard since I'm out of HV Gelicious. It became flaky by mid week. I had other product in my hair so perhaps the two didn't mix. I won't toss it just yet but I will soon if it doesn't perform.

Used Mielle Organics Babassu Mint DC (new formula) last night.
I was hoping there wouldn't be a difference in the versions (even put off using the one jar of old formula I have just in case). I can say for now, it's still as wonderful as I remember. Maybe even a tiny bit better. Absorbed nicely as I applied, texture still loose but goes on really well, could detangle as I applied, and didn't really need too much. Once I went to rinse out after using my thermal heat cap, my hair was nicely balanced (a tad strong but really soft). So far, coupled with my leave-ins my hair is air-drying super soft :drool:
I'll see how it goes over the week but for now it's still a staple and I ain't scurred no more about the changes it went through :yep:

{I wish I could still read the label on my old one though to compare all the exact changes...}
Post your new ingredients when you get the chance please? I still have my old jar. Im being stingy with it because I didnt want to get the new formula

chello ladies :wave:
T, i got my package :yep: thank you. everything looks so good. next time i wash my hair i will use the keratin leave in. it sounds interesting.

im still putting almond oil on my wet hair before leave in and i tell you it takes darn near 5 days before my hair dries out. thats with sleeping on cotton pillow cases and never moisturizing my dry hair.

i pulled out the ASIAN coconut co wash. its been forever since i used anything by them but i remember how much i like that stuff.

i need to get me another bottle of oyin honey hemp. that stuff is awesome as a co wash not so much as a leave in but i use it as a leave in anyway :perplexed: i dont know why but i never want to fully wash that stuff out of my hair. i just leave a little in, then oil, then knot sauce. i can tell the difference when i use it cause my hair will be a little stiff. but i keep doing it anyway lmao. i just dont want to rinse that stuff out.

chello ladies :wave:
T, i got my package :yep: thank you. everything looks so good. next time i wash my hair i will use the keratin leave in. it sounds interesting.
@chebaby
So sorry I missed you.:cry3:
Glad it arrived.:kiss: I hope you like everything.

another thing i stopped doing, dont ask me why, is i stopped drenching my hair in conditioner when i co wash. like i just put enough to detangle and thats it. sometimes its just a quarter amount for my whole head. i dont know why i do that.

@chebaby
So you got 'delivered' from Da' Heavy Hand uh?:lol:

@chebaby
So sorry I missed you.:cry3:
Glad it arrived.:kiss: I hope you like everything.

@chebaby
So you got 'delivered' from Da' Heavy Hand uh?:lol:
girl im doing all kinds of crazy things with my hair and not knowing why lmao.

my favorite was when i was away from home i drenched my hair in aussie moist and left it in and put my hair in two braids. chile my hair looked all kinds of dumb :lachen: the next day when i rinsed my hair it was soooooo silky. you could still feel all of the conditioner in my hair so i just slapped in some leave in :lick:

Back