Use 1 Buy 1 Challenge pt.5

I'm starting to reconsider this "transition"

Reasons being... I will never wear my hair in its natural state. I'm starting to feel as though I'm doing more harm by straightening my hair every two weeks vs applying a relaxer every four months.

I'm really contemplating going back. I'm not about that wig life. I tried it and it's not me at all. I'm not about that weave life either. I only like braids but I can't live in braids for the remainder of my life... Ugh!

@flyygirlll2

I'm just so confused and frustrated all at the same time. I don't feel like straightening my hair consistently. It's too time consuming.

I use to wash my hair twice a week. Now I only do it twice a month because of me having to straighten it.

Yesterday I sweated in my head because I was cleaning to house up throughly and all my pressed hair reverted. I'm just over it!

@flyygirlll2

It's so hard trying to maintain. I don't know how you do it. I can't be bothered with detangling and such while my hair is in its natural state either.

I miss washing my hair often. My hair grew like crazy when I washed it twice a week. I attribute it to my scalp being clean. now my hair just seems stagnate.

I'm really leaning more so in going back though.

@Beamodel I've managed to make it this far mostly by low manipulation and just leaving my hair alone to be honest, or else I probably would have been swinging my relaxed hair in someone's face by now :lachen:

I can't be bothered to be all up in my hair often though. I say if what you were doing before to your hair worked and it thrived, go back to that:bighug:

@Beamodel

I understand your fight. I wanted to be a str8 hair natural also but once I BC I liked to wear it curly/kinky. I haven't straightened since I BC.

I dreamed of a relaxer every other day when I transitioned once I cut the relaxed ends off I was better. Every now and again when my hair acts up I think of relaxing but my friends talk me down.

As everyone said do what is right for you. You know your hair and have to live with it, no one else.

@BrownBetty

Thank you Hun. I wish I had intentions on wearing it curly but I don't. The only reason why I took a break from relaxing is because my hair had started falling out big time. I was unsure what the cause was so I had stopped relaxing until I was able to pin point it.

I've since learned what the problem was (which had nothing to do with me relaxing) but I just got lazy and never got around to relaxing again.

When my hair was fully relaxed, it was always healthy. I feel like a chump for coming this far and wanting to turn back. The last time I checked, About 6 inches of my hair is natural. It might be more now. I'm not sure.

Thank you for your kind words. All of y'all responses mean a lot to me.

@IDareT'sHair lol I'm on their email list and I follow them on Facebook, so I'll be sure to post info when I see it.

Since Hattache is a one stop shop, I don't have anyone else on my list besides APB for the time being..... but you know my pj senses stay lit at times so that may change lol.

@curlyhersheygirl
I told you I usually "shy away" from anything with Lemon - (when we were talmbout lemongrass)but remembered I want DB's Coconut & Lemongrass Transitioning Crème.

Had it many times before in the past and love it. Hope to pick up a bottle or x2 M-Day.

AveYou & CM were both OOS. I have some in my Hattache Cart tho'.

@curlyhersheygirl
I told you I usually "shy away" from anything with Lemon - (when we were talmbout lemongrass)but remembered I want DB's Coconut & Lemongrass Transitioning Crème.

Had it many times before in the past and love it. Hope to pick up a bottle or x2 M-Day.

AveYou & CM were both OOS. I have some in my Hattache Cart tho'.
O Ok. I've never tried that cream.
I'm glad most places will be having a Mday sale. Right now it's just APB. Jakeala and Hattche on my list

ETA: DH bought me the 2 detox masks I wanted from APB.

Laying here trying to talk myself into doing my Sunday routine. Lately I've been doing it on Monday morning :look:. It's doable because I've shortened the time and I wake up so early anyway.

Finished up a sunflower oil (1 backup) and a bottle of V05 (3 back ups but will probably finish 2 this week).

I have a Vitacost cart right now. Decided to go that route because I'm not sure I want liters just yet. Haven't used these products in years. I always get stuck using up product I don't like (like now) because I go crazy in the beginning. I plan to buy a bottle of each of the ones I'm interested in and take it from there. Besides I can still get a great price on Vitacost.

@Shay72
Yes. Some folks use Coconut Oil and other penetrable oils to attempt to combat it.

The process of the shaft swelling because of constant wetting. There is a thread or two on the subject.

I thought you and I had discussed this before.

Back