Use 1 Buy 1 Challenge pt.5

Where ya'll buying your oils and butters these days? I used to get mine from Texas Natural Supply and Moutain Rose Herbs but I'm looking at Camden Grey because it's the only one of the three that has hemp seed butter & sunflower butter. Sunflower butter is out of stock right now but they carry it.

Pulled in my remaining Stash of Jasmine Bath & Beauty and stuck it in the Fridge.

I have about 8-12 Jars left.

@Shay72 Yes.....I still have Jasmine.:look:

I have some A&S, Hibiscus, Babbasu Xtreme and a couple Reconstructors. They smell just as wonderful as ever.

I even have a Jar of "Hello Sugar" an All-Time Favorite Scent.

Can't wait to dig into these.:lick:

Last edited:
@Shay72

Oils:
KeraVada
Hairveda
Afroveda
Amazon (Pure Pumpkin)
PALTAS Hair Rx (Paks United Kingdom)
EVCO (Trader Joe's)
EVOO (Grocery)
Haitian Black Castor (Amazon)
Extra Dark Jamaican Black Castor (Jamaican Oils or Curlmart)

IDareT'sHair
You do a great job of holding on to your stuff and actually using it. Well I think everyone in this thread does :yep:. Since clearing my stash the only stuff I've had forever are my jars of Sunshine and hydra caps.

I totally forgot another reason I stopped using Claudie's is because some of her products have cones in them. Only one of the products I ordered this time has a cone in it, the reconstructor. I just need to do some research and determine what I will and will not order from her because I want to continue to use her products.

@Shay72

It's probably not too late for you to change the Reconstructor with her (if you have to) although it is thebomb.com.org.gov.biz.edu:lol:

I'm so happy I still have some Jasmine left. :lick:

I was suppose to start using it in May (Memorial Weekend) to try to use some of it up, but didn't.:look:

I'll start using it this wash day and will try to use it exclusively until Labor Day.

I still want to keep 1-3 Jars (for sentimental reasons:sad:), but I do need to start putting a huge dent in some of it.

ETA: I know you bought your Bentonite, but I just saw that Soultanicals also has a Detox Rx

IDareT'sHair
You know I'm just gonna use it because it is a partially water soluble cone so it is not difficult to wash out.I just don't want to use it on a consistent basis because of buildup.

Girl I ain't messing with Soultanicals! I've been away from the boards but not you tube.

@Shay72

And Girl they still stay having Sales! :perplexed

They just sent me an email askin' did I forget about their 30% off 4th of July Sale?:ohwell:

Hmpf.:rolleyes:

No more than them forgetting to mail my package after they forgot they took my monnee.:lol:

I guess they the only one that can forget-ta-'bout something.

Shay72

They recently came out with a Berry Dip (like a Cousin to Mango Dip)

Man...I really wanted that.:look:

But I.couldn't.bring.myself.to.buy.anything.from.them.

I even have "Points" (from previous purchases) but won't use them.:blush:

SMH.:nono:

Pulled in my remaining Stash of Jasmine Bath & Beauty and stuck it in the Fridge.

I have about 8-12 Jars left.

@Shay72 Yes.....I still have Jasmine.:look:

I have some A&S, Hibiscus, Babbasu Xtreme and a couple Reconstructors. They smell just as wonderful as ever.

I even have a Jar of "Hello Sugar" an All-Time Favorite Scent.

Can't wait to dig into these.:lick:

IDareT'sHair, wow you have jasmines jars :blush: she been close for what. 2/3 years? You definately know how to stock and reserve:grin:

Ltown

When she closed I think I bought like 9 jars.:look:

Last year I did manage to use that bottle of Shea Butter Conditioner I got from you.

I just finished the Enso Green Tea Cleansing Conditioner I got from you also last year a few weeks ago.

Remember that?:grin: (Thanks Again for both):lol:

Yeah, I still have some Jasmine DC'er. I cannot wait to use it.:lick:

Hey ladies.

I used up another APB Pudding, a few backups still. Also an APB Leave In, Soultanicals prepoo oil (forgot the name), and a bottle of KV Amla Brahmi Bhringraj oil (def have backups of this :rolleyes:)

I'm waiting on Hairitage and APB :lick:

I am itching to but something. I requested a KJ Naturals "sample sack" and trying to convince my bf on my SSI cart. :look:

I really want to check out the new Shea Moisture JBCO line that's coming out.

I am itching to but something. I requested a KJ Naturals "sample sack" and trying to convince my bf on my SSI cart. :look:

Say what now? Do tell!!

Dag, Shea Moisture stay putting out products. Their website actually works now so let me look into it. I'm in the process of evaluating all of the ingredients in all of my products though so these may not even make the cut.

Saw it on FB! Available in CVS and Meijer stores at the end of the month. I live in a black neighborhood now, ain't no CVS here :lachen:. I know where they are some or I'll just order from their website. I'll take a look at the ingredients first.

I saw that. I want it. :look: It has ACV. My hair likes ACV. :lick:

So I've started back up on my sulfur oil. I want two more inches in the back of my hair by September.

Anyway, tomorrow I will cowash with some more of this Acai Berry Phyto. Can't wait to be done with it. It's just holding on for dear life! Sheeeit, I might need to start dcing twice a week to use up some more of this stuff! I don't mind a twice a week hair pamper session.

I'm already thinking of what I'm gonna use this weekend. I'll probably prepoo with HV Vatika and KV Fenugreek mix, with some Shea Moisture Tahitian Noni & Monoi Weekly Treatment. Then I'll shampoo with Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus, DC with SD VS, and use some of my APB Marshmallow leave in spray, Hair Dew, and APB Marshmallow cream to twist. :lick:

What is everyone up to?

I remember how IDareT'sHair can't stand to sleep in a plastic cap. I'm getting that way too. I even have two cute satin cap ones with the plastic liner in it. Imma try Wednesday night. We shall see.

Beamodel What did you get in this order? I thought you weren't getting anything til later? (same thing I said, too!!!)

Brownie518

I got two PLBM. I got it with her birthday sale. Not the 4th of July sale. I wanted to try out the new carrot cake frosting moisturizer but I didn't get it.

I wanted to see how it compared to the carrot cake butter

Shay72

Lemme know how that overnight baggy thang work for you and "Baby":lol:

Even "Cute" Satin Caps with Baggy Liners still don't sound 'fun'

I hate overnight DC'ing, Baggying, etc....anything with that Crunch.

can't.do.it.:nono:

Will DC tonight with: Jasmines Bath & Beauty's Avocado & Silk in Tahitian Vanilla

Nice. Right now I'm dcing with AO Rose Mosqueta. I decided I want to save my last two SD conditioners until closer to the time she reopens. Rose Mosqueta smells like apples. This is my first time using it. I will report back of course.

In other good news, I finally used up the last of that 16oz. Acai Berry Phyto. It didn't wanna die. :lol: I had to practically dump the rest. Can't say that BJ's stuff is not cost friendly.

I do like it. When I used a lot of it, it made my hair feel soft, yet a little strong too. I don't have any back ups and I probably won't repurchase any time soon.

I loves HV Acai berry conditioner. I have two bottles of it now. It's a great shot of protein to my hair while leaving is incredibly soft.

Back