Use 1 Buy 1 Challenge pt.4

I think I'm good right now on Products. Now I need to focus on Health/Growth/Retention during these Winter Months.:yep:

I will wait to see what kinda' Sale Komaza has on the 15th and if I get something.:perplexed

I'm waiting on Komaza's sale (please be 20% or more), ayurnaturalbeauty.com and fromnaturewithlove.com

Waiting to arrive -
lotioncrafter.com
sallybeauty.com
curlmart.com

I want to receive everything and get it organized by the 1st of the year!

Just finish dying, ayurveda cowash, now steamer with wdt. Hey has anyone heard from Shay, or did she move on?
I've been wondering where's Shay72. I miss her "Hits and Misses" thread. I don't think we had one for November or December.

Ayunatural is out of Karshma and I like the red so I'm keep looking to Vonnie. I like the tangle teezer I just rinse out wdt conditioner and did use any detangle spray it was a breeze. I have use up shescenti leave in won't repurchase, and I'll pass on the honey dew unless I go to the store.

Can't decide which Lines I'll purchase in the New Year, but it won't be many......:sekret:

Where is errbody? We got pounded with Snow. It's pretty bad out now.:perplexed

Can't decide which Lines I'll purchase in the New Year, but it won't be many......:sekret:

Where is errbody? We got pounded with Snow. It's pretty bad out now.:perplexed
I am here! Just making dinner. About to make the kids some chocolate chip cookies as soon as my butter thaws out.

I really need to dwindle down my product stash. Thinking about posting stuff on the exchange forum. Since I'm only washing once a week now, I'm not using up products as fast like when I was co-washing on the regular.

Hey ladies, just stirred from a nap like always lmao. I think being outside wore me out, dh stayed out way longer than i did and he isn't well either. Priss im thinking of getting rid of a few things also. Every time i get something new that i love i don't want to use the old stuff. Dang pjitis:nono:.

Blue: Are you interested starting this Thread for January? *crosses fingers*:yep:
I can do that!
I am here! Just making dinner. About to make the kids some chocolate chip cookies as soon as my butter thaws out.
Oh, you're making me hungry....LOL! I can smell them now!
:grin:Used Up:

1 Njoi Healthy Hair Butta' *back up*

Next week will use --a combo of MT & Hydratherma Growth Lotion.
That sounds like a good combination.

I woke up this afternoon to pouring rain, which ended up turning to sleet. Thank goodness, by the time I had to come in to work, it had warmed up and was just drizzling. All the ice is gone.

Pompous, I was looking for the Hits/Miss thread, too! I forgot that it was Shay who started that!!

So, what are everyone's hair goals for next year??? Hair goals and stash goals...

Jan 2011 will be 1 year natural for me, retention and hopefully APL is my goal, longer if I can! I don't like having such a large stash where I have products all over the place. It's been very $$$ this year buying/trying products and really nothing is blowing me away because as long as I have BTMS, pantenol, silks in my products I can get them locally. It's been exciting but really too much especially when you get to giving away stuff.

When I got caught up with skala I had so much it was crazy and it really did nothing special. I gave so much hair stuff too folks and family that I realize I can save that $$ on clothes, or save it. I definately got to plan to reduce the stash and like other's said not open several products.

I'm about 2.5 inches from comfortably claiming BSL, so I'm hoping to get there by my May 2011 graduation. If I don't have a setback, I'm pretty confident that I'll make it considering my growth pattern. By December of 2011, I plan on being MBL.

As far as stash goals, I'm gonna try to NOT have so many products. I have to come to the realization that there will be a lot of products out there that work on my hair, but that doesn't mean I have to have them all....it's okay to just stick to the necessary essentials.

For my hair, I'm just going to continue maintaining. I just want it to stay nice and healthy. Keep my ends right, too. My problems areas (temple, nape) I will continue to baby to avoid a setback.
I cut about 6 inches off this past spring and I think I'll have to do the same next year. It was just too long for me and it was too hot to have that mess touching my skin. I felt like a new woman when I got it cut!! :yep: Next year, I think I'll only cut to just above APL instead of SL.

My Goals (:look:) Are: To keep using up the products in my current stash, and to grow this Winter w/o any setbacks.:rolleyes:

Not Wig-It Summer 2011. Maybe Phony-Pony (as a PS).

Hopefully, master the technique of properly self-relaxing. Keeping a good regimen and proper balance of Moisture/Protein.:yep:

For my hair i would like to be past bsl and heading twards mbl. It will be my 3rd year natural and i want to make mbl or wl at least by my 4th or 5th year. I will use my products up and not buy new ones until they are about out. I will rotate a few brands so i won't get bored. Stock up when sales occur to save money on shipping. Stick with only a few vendors and no new products or vendors next year. Stay consistant and wear protective styles and also in the summer where my hair out a bit more and enjoy it.

So, what are everyone's hair goals for next year??? Hair goals and stash goals...

I'm full APL right now and I am 7 inches from WL. I wanna be full MBL in the back by December 2011.

I don't believe in claiming if only a bit of my hair reaches the goal, otherwise I prolly could claim BSL. And BSL is so convoluted that I am gonna bypass that all together.

I only wanna have:

Aubrey Organics Honey Suckle Rose Conditioner
Giovanni Smooth as Silk Shampoo
Kinky Curly Knot Today Leave-in Conditioner
Kinky Curly Curling Custard
Kinky Curly Come Clean
Redken Extreme Chemistry Shot
Redken Soft Chemistry Shot
Redken Chemistry System 3.5 pHix pHase
Dudley DRC-28
Qhemet Amla and Olive Heavy Cream
Qhemet Cocoa Tree Detangling Ghee
Qhemet Burdock Root Butter Cream
Qhemet Moringa Tree Conditioning Ghee
HV Moist 24/7

Last edited:
I can do that! That sounds like a good combination.

Thanks P.Blue for starting the Hits/Misses for 2011 (or until Shay returns:sad:).

Someone else may hafta' start the 2011 Co-Wash Challenge too.:look:

Halee_J will do the Deep Conditioning Challenge and will start that one in about a week.:yep:

Oh, Yeah, Looking forward to the MT/Hydra Combo. Brownie sent me a Sample of the Hydratherma Lotion to try.

So, I will use that with MT for the next week or so.

For next year my hair goals

retain 6 inches - which will make me APL
perfect my flat iron technique
find stapes and alternates in natural/handmade products
hehe in order to do the above I will need to check out products from
hairveda
SSI
aubrey organics

Ive just ordered from:lick:
Oyin - hair doo plops, honey hemp condish and burnt sugar pomade
Qhemet - BRBC, AOHC, olive and honey hydrating balm and the cocotree detanging ghee
Darcys Botanicals - pumpkin seed condish, coconut and lemongrass transitioning creme, avocado and honey twisting creme and the new curling creme gel

and I'll be working my way through these during the year

stash

finally give away or chuck products which dont do much for my hair
use up stash of cowashers
properly organize products so I know what I have :blush:

Last edited:
I'm kinda' likin' this Acai Butter as a Skin Moisturizer.:yep:

That's all it's good for IMO.:rolleyes: Too Hard & Grainy.:ohwell:

For me, that was a total waste of $ (for haircare) unless mixing it with plenty of oil to soften it up.:nono:

Oh Well. Trial & Error.:sad:

Hopefully, the Antioxidants will work wonders on my skin during the Winter Months.

hi everyone
today i purchased an upzing from cvs and an ouidad double detangling comb from sephora

my hair is still in twists. only thing i did today was oil my scalp with vatika frosting.

goals for next year: i want to be mbl by the end of next year. and as far as products go, i want to stick with staples. which are:
curl junkie repair me
aphogee shampoo
aphogee 2 step protein
oyin honey hemp
oyin dew
kckt
mhc honey mask
mhc olive you mask
shea butter
evoo
coconut oil
bee mine luscious
beemine curly butter

I'm kinda' likin' this Acai Butter as a Skin Moisturizer.:yep:

That's all it's good for IMO.:rolleyes: Too Hard & Grainy.:ohwell:

For me, that was a total waste of $ (for haircare) unless mixing it with plenty of oil to soften it up.:nono:

Oh Well. Trial & Error.:sad:

Hopefully, the Antioxidants will work wonders on my skin during the Winter Months.

T, did they recommended for hair on the site?

T, did they recommended for hair on the site?

I don't remember?:ohwell:

I just know that Njoi has that wonderful Coconut Acai Pomade that is to die for.:lick:

I thought this Butter would be alot smoother than it was/is. Instead of hard & grainy. I'll use it up tho'.:ohwell:

I had ordered some body creams (that I really wanted) from HSN and sent them all back because Imma hafta' use this instead. Not one of my smartest purchases.:spinning:

If/When I Spend Money, I want it to be worth my while.:look:
If I were into 'mixing' it would probably work great mixed with something.:sad:

i dont think i will do too much online shopping next year. unless the local store doesnt have anything in stock but for the most part i can get almost everything local. even my henna.

i dont think i will do too much online shopping next year. unless the local store doesnt have anything in stock but for the most part i can get almost everything local. even my henna.

I'll only purchase on-line during Sales (which I pretty much do anyways now). If there is something I really want/need.....I may ask you:look: to pick it up for me.:lol:

...:blush:

Back