Use 1 Buy 1 Challenge pt.4

I've been to a bottling party...or two; and sometimes the bottlers do not put it in "pretty" but I guess that's why they named their company Oyin "handmade." Made and Bottled by hand. :grin:

The Dew is not a promotional item; it's in the line up!:lick:

:poke: Ok...If we don't do a "no-buy challenge" (I'm sticking to the no-buy) maybe a Buy-it Quarterly challenge????

Last edited:
I would love to be able to use one line exclusively (natural products preferable) with products that are designed to work effectively with each other.

Has ANYone achieved this?

My problem is I get bored, I need some variety!

Thats my problem too! I could never live my life with just 5 products in my closet...1 shampoo, 1 condish, 1 leave in, 1 oil, 1 styler...I wish I could but I cant so I aint :lol:

I see y'all just up and went and started a new thread. So is it a "No Buy", "Buy Less" or an "Aww hell, screw it!!" ?:lachen::lachen::lachen:

I see y'all just up and went and started a new thread. So is it a "No Buy", "Buy Less" or an "Aww hell, screw it!!" ?:lachen::lachen::lachen:

I think everyone is kind of doing their own thing and leaning more twards buy less. I won't restock until april unless i run out or if its a really good sale.

Well the download festival thingie is from June 6th-13th. I think I may be roughing it out on the camp ground. The whole package is 180 pounds. I think its like 2 miles away from the airport. I wanna go to the Netherlands too.

I will abduct him and make him sing to me every night. But who I really wanna talk to is Daron, he's the musical genius/writer.

OMG!!! The random SOAD shows in 11. I want to go to one so freakin bad:lachen::lachen: but grad school:nono:. Tryna take my money and my fun.

Hey, ladies!! Just came in from a meeting and catching up on ya'll actin' up in here!! :lol:

I, for one, am not doing a long term no buy. Mainly because I like to purchase new things. :look: I have quite a few new products to try right now so I should be good for a while. I do have to restock a few staples and then I should be good. I want to start with a No Buy for January, for sure. :yep: I might have to get one or two staples in February, but not much else.

I'm still tryna' figure out what Imma do, but I Do Know I will be heavily focusing on getting rid of some products, concentrating 1st on the ones in the Fridge.:blush:

I will definitely be purchasing alot less.:look:

I wanted to do my hair tomorrow Co-Wash w/BFH Olive Drench, but don't know now? I may hafta' wait until Friday:perplexed

Hello ladies!

I got to page 5 in my reading to catch up but I promised myself I would get off of here at 8p and the time is near!

I told you guys that I twisted the front part of my hair with kckt and kccc last night but I had also had ohhb in there from the night before so my curls came out very soft and defined....i forgot kccc hates extras...I needed a little stiffness to blend with the half wig...it looked awful when I tried to blend so I just covered it up and wore a full wig. Im gonna use my gel by Curls on the front part tonight, moisturize the back with kbb cream....I will wear a full wig tomoro and do my banded wash and go thing tomoro night...I will let you ladies know how it turns out...

It took all I had today to not buy anything from the hv sale...i filled and emptied a cart 3 or 4 times....shipping was $9 for one item and $10.95 for 4...so it would only be worth it for me if I were ordering more products...I am trying to sit on my credit card until February (my HHJ anniversary)

I had been swapping my life away on NC...there is always something for sale there! I swapped with this one girl...I gave her some Mozeke in exchange for TJ Nourish Spa (I really wanted to try it since there isnt one near me!) and I just mailed the package this Saturday and when I tell yall this h*ffa got it up for sale along with a whole collection of mozeke items...I woulda bought that collection but when i saw that one item listed i was like aww nawww i am not buying nothing from u that i didnt charge u for...Fab and I must have come across the same character lol.

i know for a fact i cant do a no buy because when i do decide to purchase something i will blow up my cc. there is no way.

Well buy less is my goal, we don't have to agree:lachen: our goal is to trim down the $$. Being a junkie of something is normal:grin: I have friends jewelry junkie, weave junkie, shoe junkie(me) clothes. It all good let stop fooling ourself or pretending:lachen::lachen: If we reviewed our last 3 thread it was probably a new product every 3 months or less and we just can't sit around pretending we are not going to try it:spinning:

I looked for better deal on shea can't find none so I'm ordered butternbar now since it's 1 day.

I had been swapping my life away on NC...there is always something for sale there! I swapped with this one girl...I gave her some Mozeke in exchange for TJ Nourish Spa (I really wanted to try it since there isnt one near me!) and I just mailed the package this Saturday and when I tell yall this h*ffa got it up for sale along with a whole collection of mozeke items...I woulda bought that collection but when i saw that one item listed i was like aww nawww i am not buying nothing from u that i didnt charge u for...Fab and I must have come across the same character lol.

Beauty -- Be Careful with that.:nono:

Now.......I might "Sell" to anybody, but I only swap with the Ladies in this Thread or someone else on this Board that I have a e-friendship with.:yep::yep:

i know for a fact i cant do a no buy because when i do decide to purchase something i will blow up my cc. there is no way.

lol...its like starve now and gorge later lol...i plan to over-do it in february :lol: I will be out of my staples and using up stuff that is just ok by then so then I can stockpile my faves! I have an allowance list of things that I can buy in between now and feb like that goody jojoba infused brush and a few conditioners...but thats all and if I can refrain from doing that im really going to celebrate! :yep:

See that is why i only swap or buy from people i know. I don't want no hair in the product, dirty containers, half arsed filled bottles when its supposed to be full. Old stuff about to expire. There are only a handful of people that i deal with and im going to keep it that way.

Imma Just Slow My Game, Use what I have, See What I like and Buy whenever I want.:cool2:

The Season is what --- it is a 'retail' smorgasboard (and I will partake in anything that interests me).:afro:

I did fairly well in October.

Actually, better than I've done in a Loooong time. I will return to that once the Deals are totally off the table.:afropick:

still thinking about purchasing from bfh but i dont know. lately every time i start to make a hair purchase i feel bad :(

I used up a few more things this week. I finished a Motions CPR, the last drop of Kukui Nut oil (will repurchase), SSI Avocado conditioner, and Darcy's Apricot Kernel oil (I think. that or the peach).
In the next week or two, I should finish a Jasmines Avocado & Silk, MHC Honey & Horsetail, MHC Molasses Hydrating, and maybe Aveda Smooth Infusion conditioner.

Some new stuff to try:
MHC Olive You
BFH Ginger Macadamia conditioner
MHC Honey moisturizer
Claudie's Normalizing conditioner (I used it once and loved it. need one more just to make sure)
Renpure Reconstructor

thanks T! Im done swapping over there! do u think its risky to buy stuff from them too?

I Don't know? I'm not saying it's Risky.:look: I don't know how 'established' you are over there with your fellow posters.

It's all about E-Lationships:lol: At least for me, anyway.

I've only looked at that site a coupla' times. One time because someone forwarded me a Thread about that Amaka-Flacka-Messa

And the other time when they were talking about Afroveda-gate (and then again, someone forwarded me that thread).

See that is why i only swap or buy from people i know. I don't want no hair in the product, dirty containers, half arsed filled bottles when its supposed to be full. Old stuff about to expire. There are only a handful of people that i deal with and im going to keep it that way.

LAWD..............:lol:

What's Wrong wid' Her Ya'll?????:look:

:dighole:

Back