Use 1 buy 1 Challenge 2010 pt.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Che: Great Advice in this Thread for your Mom.:grin:

I also with Her getting Her Protein/Moisture in Balance. Especially since she's having a slight problem at the Demarcation Line (NG).

I would have her use something weekly or bi-weekly depending on how often she does her hair. A weekly reconstructor and then follow-up w/Moisture.:yep:

I would definitely start doing some sort of light/med protein treatment weekly. Whereas naturals can forego the use of Protein from time to time,

IMO:Relaxed heads need some level of consistent protein to keep that hair strong.:yep:

Morning MKD,

Kids are at football at the moment will be going to the Boy Scouts Summer Picnic today afterwards I guess we could stay in, or I will have the hubby take the boys bowling then come in and relax :) while I go get my feet done. :)

Hey MKD, I just finished putting together some things in my apt. I need to wash my hair, but you know.... :look:

I just finished a NTM shampoo. I really like it and I have a back up.

I should be finished with a Jasmines shampoo next week.

hey ladies.
thanx for the responses. i forgot all about aphogee 2 minute. i will have her try that. she decided to go ahead and relax so shes going to relax tomorrow and then she can use the joico since i dont have aphogee on hand. when i was relaxed and using heat weekly i swore by joico. but my hair is much finer than hers. we'll see though.

today i co washed with vo5 passion fruit smoothie and i didnt like it. it didnt allow me to dedtangle so i followed up with kinky curly knot today and left ome in. then i scrunched in TW crinkles and curls foam.
i saw kinky curly in target today and i was tempted to get the knot today but didnt. of course they were out of the custard.
and i finally notice that miss jessies did change the ingredients for target. i had never noticed that before. the baby buttercream has patrolatum, fragrance and mineral oil as the second and third and fourth ingredient when in he one you get online, mineral oil is all the way at the bottle of the list.

Hey All,

I just did a touch up yesterday. I'll cowash in another 3 days with a light protein then I'll do a length check/pics.
Do any of you ladies live near Greenbelt, MD?

I think after I take these twists out I will try box braids again. I shouldn't just grab random hair though, I think that is my problem. I need an actual design. So maybe about a week from now, maybe I can make them curly or something. I just need to keep my hands out of my hair for a while so I can retain something.

Oh, and my cousin wants to straighten my hair now. She wants to see how long it is. For the longest time she and everyone else would say :rolleyes: "Why dont you do something with it? Why do you leave it nappy?" , well Hazzah:grin: there is a method to my madness! Now people can't leave my hair alone. I won't let her flat iron it though becuase knowing her she would make sure I'd get heat damage so I would have to relax it.

I'm just gonna wear my puff when I see her cuz I know that pisses her off.

Last edited:
Hey, ladies!!
So, I only used up a bottle of JBCO but I just got my new bottle in the mail so thats all good. This coming week, I should use up my Paul Brown Hawaii Reconstructor and a Goldwell treatment. Love them both! :lick:

I am about to go order some Deep Brilliance Manage and some CPR. I have so far resisted (postponed) ordering from Beijaflores and Sakura :look:.

I'm up starting on the hair, shampoo with Jasmine Omega Hemp, dc with skala and la bomba(it stinks) don't know how it's going to feel, I'll let you all know later.

Me too Ltown. I've got the heat cap on heating up this gleau oil on my hair. Feels very soft. Starting this early last week made a huge difference.

I'm up starting on the hair, shampoo with Jasmine Omega Hemp, dc with skala and la bomba(it stinks) don't know how it's going to feel, I'll let you all know later.

Ltown, how is Jasmine's shampoo? I've never tried that one of hers.

Finished Lustrasilk Shea Butter & Mango Cholesterol and TJ's Nourish Spa. I added both of these to my cassia gloss mix. I will not repurchase the Lustrasilk. I have one back up for Nourish Spa.

Hello Ladies!
I just finished washing my hair and deep condition. I decided that im going to stick with curls tea dc and im selling the shescentit dc that i purchase (also BRBC). I found my staple products that im going to stick with.

Almost two weeks down & 2 plus to go :D I can't wait until I take this down Clarify, wash it and deep condition under my steamer.

Been moisturizing and adding protein in form of braid spray and chi mist. :)

Hey Ladies.........Just got up.:look: Just rubbed in a little Njoi Creations Herbal Hairdressing.

She is moving and will be down until early September.:ohwell:

Glad I don't really need anything. She has a Milk Spritz I want to try so I told her I'd wait until she re-opens.:look:

*don't want my transacton caught up again in another move. and hopefully by the time she re-opens i will clearly know how i like the hair butter and the coconut dc'er*:blush:

Good morning ladies, washed my hair last night with suave coconut shampoo mixed with shea oil, tea tree oil and conditioner. It turned out well, dc'd with loreal naturals mega moisture creme ( im only using this until i can order my curl junkie) its not a bad product at all. And did 2 grandma braids:look: with lucious and deja's. My lucious is getting down and i will need more dejas by september or october so like last year i will get my products together for the winter. This winter i will be using

Suave shampoo mix
deja's hair milk
i will switch lucious out for the bee lovely moisturizer
cj curl rehab dc
cj smoothing conditioner for detangling

and that is about it Im sticking with these and im going to be in braids with my own hair all winter again.

Good morning ladies, washed my hair last night with suave coconut shampoo mixed with shea oil, tea tree oil and conditioner. It turned out well, dc'd with loreal naturals mega moisture creme ( im only using this until i can order my curl junkie) its not a bad product at all. And did 2 grandma braids:look: with lucious and deja's. My lucious is getting down and i will need more dejas by september or october so like last year i will get my products together for the winter. This winter i will be using

Suave shampoo mix
deja's hair milk
i will switch lucious out for the bee lovely moisturizer
cj curl rehab dc
cj smoothing conditioner for detangling

and that is about it Im sticking with these and im going to be in braids with my own hair all winter again.

Hey La!:grin: Good to see you on! I got a sample of the Deja's, but I've been saving it.:lachen:Can't wait to try it and hope I don't like it:blush:

Sounds like you got a good plan for Fall/Winter.:yep: I am thinking about mine. I have products now that I know will carry me through the Fall/Winter Season. I will buy 2 wigs.:yep:

I still plan to get that Pre-Paid Card for little things & Sales that crop up. I have been considering just doing the $365 that JJ first mentioned because I am well-stocked with products (even with the Sales I've had). :perplexed

Hey La!:grin: Good to see you on! I got a sample of the Deja's, but I've been saving it.:lachen:Can't wait to try it and hope I don't like it:blush:

Sounds like you got a good plan for Fall/Winter.:yep: I am thinking about mine. I have products now that I know will carry me through the Fall/Winter Season. I will buy 2 wigs.:yep:

I still plan to get that Pre-Paid Card for little things & Sales that crop up. I have been considering just doing the $365 that JJ first mentioned because I am well-stocked with products (even with the Sales I've had). :perplexed

For what im going to get 2x a year $365 will be perfect for me. You should try the deja's i love it and you know it has coconut oil and milk in it. It goes well with the lucious.

For what im going to get 2x a year $365 will be perfect for me. You should try the deja's i love it and you know it has coconut oil and milk in it. It goes well with the lucious.

Girl......IK I will like it.:look: That's what I'm afraid of:blush: Maybe during her next Sale, I'll get it.

I prolly will.:yep: Especially since I sold alot of my KBB Hair Milk(s).

I do smell it from time to time and know that it will smell great with the Lucious.:lick:

Yeah, $365 will be enough for me too. And help keep me in check.:drunk:

I'm kinda torn between buying what I know works and trying out new things. I haven't bought anything substantial in a very long time and I want to try new things, but I don't want to buy stuff and have it not work. Then again, almost everything works so I don't know what to do. I do know that within the next 6 months I intend to buy Qhemet and Oyin (which I know works) and maybe samples of other stuff to see.

I'm so conflicted.:lachen::lachen:

Hello Ladies!
I just finished washing my hair and deep condition. I decided that im going to stick with curls tea dc and im selling the shescentit dc that i purchase (also BRBC). I found my staple products that im going to stick with.

You shouldn't have a problem selling these.:yep:

I'm kinda torn between buying what I know works and trying out new things. I haven't bought anything substantial in a very long time and I want to try new things, but I don't want to buy stuff and have it not work. Then again, almost everything works so I don't know what to do. I do know that within the next 6 months I intend to buy Qhemet and Oyin (which I know works) and maybe samples of other stuff to see.

I'm so conflicted.:lachen::lachen:

That's Smart.:yep: And most of the samples are Generous.

IK Mozeke samples are 4 ounces. That's a nice sized sample.:yep:

And I know what you mean about being conflicted. I wish I never woulda' learned how to order from Esty.:lachen:

IA with your entire post. Most everything I have/had worked....although, there have been a few that I absolutely hated.:rolleyes: i.e. Lustrasilk, Hawaiian Silky, Amaka:look: Silicon Mix, YTC, and a few others.....it's rare (for me) but it happens.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back