Use 1 buy 1 Challenge 2010 pt.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Che is it the white bottle with the green writing? If the frosting is still good use it, i think coconut oil lasts forever anyway as long as you don't get water in it.

yep, white and green bottle.
the frosting still smells good so i used it. you are right, ive kept coconut oil for a long time in the bathroom and it stayed good.

T, i have both of the stylers(ori), the mango and the buttercream stler. they both smell yummy. the buttercream doesnt have any slip and makes my hair fel a little waxy. but i have only used it with the mang so i must try it by it self. the mango one, i love it. the texture is....different. i cant think of anything it reminds me of. it looks thin but the way it spreads makes it seem not so thin, its weird but i love it. its very moisturizing, has slip and smells yummy.

I wish they had more of a "Selection:ohwell:"

I love the Quick Shipping *even if it is a little pricey* and the fact that they've extended their Sale until September 19th, 25% is Hefty....and the smell is decent.:yep:

I'd like to try more, but they don't really offer that much. I don't need Another Leave-In (so I refuse to buy one), and I have enough Milks, etc....I wish they had like a couple more DC'ers or a Reconstructor:lick:

i agree T, i have too many leave ins so i skipped over that section. i skipped over the conditioners too but since im down one(mhc olive) and i dont like the shea moisture i have i may try their deep mask. i might get the butter creme moisturize you have too. im trying to stock up on moisturizers for the fall. im waiting on my qhemet heavy cream to come.

T and Che:
I know actly what your talking about. The milk and the dc made my hair hard and stripped.

Can someone tell me about the Darcy Botanical line?

Im so in love with the Criminal Minds...

The Products I've tried have all been Winners!:grin: Two Thumbs Up.

My least favorite was the Herbal Conditioning Hair Spritz, but I think I coulda' grown to love it. I was just so caught up in Qhemet's Karady Tea and didn't really give it a "Fair Shot":look:

I love, love, love the Coconut Lemongrass Transitioning Hair Cream, I also love, love, love the Eucalyptus & Mint Hair butter and the Tumuca Hair Butter.:grin:

The Oils are Fabulous too. My Favorite is the Cherry Kernel, followed by the Peach Kernel and then the Apricot.:lick:

I have a coupla' of the Pumpkin Seed Conditioners *haven't tried yet & also the Shea Butter Hair Lotion*

I think it's a Great Product Line. The products are All Moderately Priced at about $12.00 w/the exception of the DC'er which is $20.00, but I don't think you could 'go wrong' w/Darcy's.

The Shipping time is great too.:yep:

HTHs

i agree T, i have too many leave ins so i skipped over that section. i skipped over the conditioners too but since im down one(mhc olive) and i dont like the shea moisture i have i may try their deep mask. i might get the butter creme moisturize you have too. im trying to stock up on moisturizers for the fall. im waiting on my qhemet heavy cream to come.

Don't sleep on that Komaza Califia Conditioning Hair Cream. You said you tried the MHC Honey Hair Cream, (but I can't remember what you said/thought about it?):perplexed

One thing about Ori.....it all smells the same, so you don't have to worry about smelling like a Peach, Pear, Coconut, Cranberry, Kiwi:lol:

T and Che:
I know actly what your talking about. The milk and the dc made my hair hard and stripped.

Can someone tell me about the Darcy Botanical line?

Im so in love with the Criminal Minds...
from darcys i am in love wuth the daily lave in and peach kernal milk. the milk reminds me of carols daughter milk as far as the texture goes and it defines curls, the leave in is sooooooooooo much moisture. i love it. i also love the pumpkin conditioner. it is moisturizing and has amazing slip. i also have the mask and i like it but it has chunks in it and i think thats weird:perplexed

Don't sleep on that Komaza Califia Conditioning Hair Cream. You said you tried the MHC Honey Hair Cream, (but I can't remember what you said/thought about it?):perplexed

One thing about Ori.....it all smells the same, so you don't have to worry about smelling like a Peach, Pear, Coconut, Cranberry, Kiwi:lol:
i liked the mhc honey cream. the smell just got to m after a while and i didnt know how the honey would react in the fall.

:lachen::lachen::lachen:@ all those smells.

i liked the mhc honey cream. the smell just got to m after a while and i didnt know how the honey would react in the fall.

:lachen::lachen::lachen:@ all those smells.

@1st Bolded. Good Point. I didn't think about that.:perplexed

@2nd Bolded: At least Ori is consistent. Either you like Vanilla, Buttercream, Toffee (whatver that smell is.....)or you betta' KIM.:lol:

i know, its a good ting i love vanilla. except lil stankin butter vanilla. she was better off leaving it the regular shea butter smell.

hello ladies. I missed you *hugs*:kissing4:
I hope everyone is doing well.
School has been keeping me so busy and I haven't had a chance to even lurk.
I am going to catch up the last 3-4 pages. Hair wise, twa is growing. I recently did a set of twists only to take them out the following day because my scalp was so itchy, dry and irritated. I knew I was tender headed but we learn something new every day!
I guess my scalp isn't as dry as I thought it was: it just hates being exposed..
I've been leaving my hair alone i.e no protective styles and I haven't greased my scalp in a week:blush:
What a relief! no itchy, dry scalp! I guess this time around I am not doing protective styles ..just wash and go and puff when I get enough hair:lachen:

as far as U1B1, I have been doing very well, reducing the stash and not purchasing one single thing:blush:
I recently updated my product album on fotki as well as my excel color-coded sheet (yes, I am a very organized product junkie) and let's just say I have no business shopping for black friday.

Too bad since I have a special savings "Black Friday" account...so I'll keep adding funds and use it towards my big annual Anita Grant haul....that free shipping is a blessing:yep:

My wishlist is still insane :drunk: but I haven't bought anything yet....
off to read the pages and I really missed you!!
This is my favorite thread on LHCF and the only reason I keep renewing my LHCF subscription. I love the fact that it is not only about hair:yep:

@RedC: Make sure you read the Altercation I had w/Yo' Girl over my review in Esty.....

:catfight: WOW! She was Intense! :hot:It wasn't even that serious for me:rolleyes:

It's all good, cause it was my review. The way I saw it.(:imo:)

mkd im pissed i love the new version of kbb hair milk. it works better than the old version and im surprised because glycerin is the second ingredient now. i was in AC all day yesterday. i was cold. but my hair stayed moisturized and thats all i used. i didnt seal it in with anything.
and my hair must be getting thicker because it stayed wet/damp for hours and it normally does not do that.

also i had SO stretch my hair and the back row reaches a 1/2 inch past apl. im so excited.
i know Che girl. I love the old formula and the new one, I get great results from both. I hope Karen doesn't piss me off because I LOVE that hair milk! Do you think you will order it?

Hello rosalind :wave:

glad you are enjoying DB products!! I am obsessed with the MVSCream and used it as body butter. It smells soo good:lick:
How often do you cornrow your hair?
Have you used Anita Grant lately? if yes which ones and how did you like them?

Last edited:
Well....I watched that Bengals /Patriot Game and the Bengals got::deadhorse:

They should, I voted for Patriots in my fantasy league they are the better team. I don't like all these changes with the forum, if they are going to have it like facebook, knowing when you are log on, I'm out. On facebook you just want to respond to certain folks and if other see you on they im you. Don't like it or want it.

i know Che girl. I love the old formula and the new one, I get great results from both. I hope Karen doesn't piss me off because I LOVE that hair milk! Do you think you will order it?

thats a tough question. i dont want to give my money to a company that doesnt respect me enough to tell me the truth. i think i will just buy from people on here. or eventually move on to never using her products at all.
but i have come to see this new milk is much better than the original.

They should, I voted for Patriots in my fantasy league they are the better team. I don't like all these changes with the forum, if they are going to have it like facebook, knowing when you are log on, I'm out. On facebook you just want to respond to certain folks and if other see you on they im you. Don't like it or want it.

i thought i was the only one that felt it was starting to look like facebook. i didnt mind the lttle green light but now i dont like the words so and so is online.

thats a tough question. i dont want to give my money to a company that doesnt respect me enough to tell me the truth. i think i will just buy from people on here. or eventually move on to never using her products at all.

IA: That is a Tough Decision Che. Especially if it works well for you.:ohwell:

You should, at some point, try DB's Shea Butter Hair Lotion and see what you think.:yep:

I mixed the Henna last night w/a Splash of Kukui Nut Oil.
taking notes:sekret:
I have some kukui nut oil that I was going to use as a body oil...
I am not a big fan of the pumpkin scent..a bit too sweet for me but DB condish is amazing!! I also love that we can customize scents by asking it unscented for instance...
(I might give in and get some DB for black friday...her deep conditioners)

If you love pumpkin scent, you might like Chagrin Valley pumpkin soap:lick:
It is a seasonal soap coming out every October until it is sold out

@RedC: Make sure you read the Altercation I had w/Yo' Girl over my review in Esty.....

:catfight: WOW! She was Intense! :hot:It wasn't even that serious for me:rolleyes:

It's all good, cause it was my review. The way I saw it.(:imo:)

I couldn't find it....gasp..sending you a pm to get exclusive news:nono:
I am so sorry it went really bad!!!

I totally understand. If T hadn't given me a chance to try the hair milk, I probably never would have tried her products because of the trife thread where all the drama erupted. But my hair really loves the hair milk so I just have to deal with it.

And I still think its shady that the new bottles are smaller than the old bottles but the price is the same. That is crazy to me. And I think its strange that I asked on the live chat on KBB website about the formula change and the person was like, "oh there's no change, the ingredients must be mislabelled."

And I still think its shady that the new bottles are smaller than the old bottles but the price is the same. That is crazy to me. And I think its strange that I asked on the live chat on KBB website about the formula change and the person was like, "oh there's no change, the ingredients must be mislabelled."
see that pisses me off. clearly theres a change why lie:nono:

Well, I lurves me some KBB Hair Milk(s):lick:, but for now, I think I can do w/o it.:ohwell:

I may feel differently when Spring/Summer rolls back around, but who knows?????? :blush:

ANOTHER Seller mght spring up between now & then with a product just as good that smells just as Wonderful.:grin:

You Just Never Know!:look:

^^^^^^^^^^^^
ETA: I'm honestly loving Komaza. It's a nice solid line with a variety of offerings, and at a decent price.:yep: I could settle very comfortably into a solid replacement.

It may not have all the bells & whistles i.e. choices of fragrances, but worked just as well. For Me.:grin:

I still have a coupla' of CocoLime Hair Butters to use up. So, as far as KBB Butters go, I'm good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back