Use 1 buy 1 Challenge 2010 pt.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imma stick to those Butters & Creams that I already have in my Stash. Seal with a little oil.

I also picked up a Jojoba & Hemp "Sealant" from Komaza for my ends.

I looked at Ori's but didn't get it.:nono:

Hopefully, since I will be under my Wig, I hope the products that I have chosen to use from my Stash will work fine for me.:look:

Oh Yeah, The J/A/S/O/N Jojoba Conditioner is a great Co-Washer. Glad I pulled it out.

So at the hairveda sale i will only be getting the scented oils and im not too worried about those being sold out by the time i get off work.

Here is my last push purchase list for the fall/winter, i won't be participating in black friday. Most of this stuff is local.

3 aohsr
3 burts bee's avocado prepoo
2 knot today's ( have to see if this leave in mixture works first)
3 kinky curly gloss pomades
2 liters of tigi moisture maniac

This should keep me good and well into april.

So at the hairveda sale i will only be getting the scented oils and im not too worried about those being sold out by the time i get off work.

Here is my last push purchase list for the fall/winter, i won't be participating in black friday. Most of this stuff is local.

3 aohsr
3 burts bee's avocado prepoo
2 knot today's ( have to see if this leave in mixture works first)
3 kinky curly gloss pomades
2 liters of tigi moisture maniac
This should keep me good and well into april.
@bolded: If you stumble upon the Oatmeal & Honey someplace, pick up one.:lick: i.e. TJ Maxx/Marshall's etc......

My BF Purchases will be stuff I need to re-up on depending on the Sales. I'd like to have another SSI Okra Reconstructor and little things like that.:yep:

Last edited:
@bolded: It you stumble upon the Oatmeal & Honey someplace, pick up one.:lick: i.e. TJ Maxx/Marshall's etc......

My BF Purchases will be stuff I need to re-up on depending on the Sales. I'd like to have another SSI Okra Reconstructor and little things like that.:yep:

Ok, i haven't been to tj maxx in a minute but i will check there first, i know trade secrets is more expensive so thanks t, i didn't even think of that.

If you place an order for the KK from Curlmart, just throw in a CJ Banana Honey Hibiscus (Deep Fix).:yep: You'd Like It:lick:

Or do you just pick up your KK Locally?

I can get KK at Target or Whole Foods. I'm not sure the gloss pomade will be there though.

$18 for 8 oz of product :nono:. I don't mind with Qhemet bc that stuff lasts forever. How many uses do most people get out of 1 jar of Deep Fix?

Ok, i haven't been to tj maxx in a minute but i will check there first, i know trade secrets is more expensive so thanks t, i didn't even think of that.

Yeah, they usually have good prices on their Liters and they always seem to have stuff like: Tigi, Healthy Sexy, Giovanni and others in there. Between them & Marshall's.:yep:

I can get KK at Target or Whole Foods. I'm not sure the gloss pomade will be there though.

$18 for 8 oz of product :nono:. I don't mind with Qhemet bc that stuff lasts forever. How many uses do most people get out of 1 jar of Deep Fix?

It is very, very thick & very, very dense. So, it lasts a minute. 5/6 maybe?:yep: Very Thick.:drunk:

And it's a Fat 8 ounce Jar. (If that makes sense). The CJ Moisture Rehab is definitely a smaller 8 ounce and not so thick at all (almost like a SSI/consistency).

It is very, very thick & very, very dense. So, it lasts a minute. 5/6 maybe?:yep: Very Thick.:drunk:

And it's a Fat 8 ounce Jar. (If that makes sense). The CJ Moisture Rehab is definitely a smaller 8 ounce and not so thick at all (almost like a SSI/consistency).

Yeah i can get about 4 good dc's out of the rehab.

Ya'll I decided to re-visit Jessicurl WDT. Lamaravilla had sent me a Jar.:sad: *miss her*

And I had a coupla' Jars here already.:look:

shay btw: CJ Deep Fix is thicker than that. But in a kinda Mousse-y Dense way.

Shay. whole foods sells the KC glass pomade and the one near me always has it in stock.

I don't know what I am going to do with my hair during the winter. I never change my regimen much between seasons, I may go back to rollersetting a bit more often.

Ltown, I was really obsessing about why my hair isn't retaining as much, it seems that I get stuck at BSL hovering on MBL and then I trim and end right back up at BSL. Girl, I decided I don't even care anymore, I am tired of stressing about it. I just want it to thicken up and be healthy. I think my problem is that my hair is so fine, its just not very strong.

What is wrong with that smiley face.:lachen:

GIRL.....It's suppose to be an Eye Roll....But it's Crazy Lookin'. :nono: :rolleyes:

They need to bring the other one back.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I am tired of stressing about it. I just want it to thicken up and be healthy. I think my problem is that my hair is so fine, its just not very strong.

I was going to use the MN for my scalp itchies. I hear good things about that.:yep:

IA mk! I just want "healthy" hair. That has always been my #1 Goal.

I'd rather have short, healthy hair than Long Chewed Up Raggedy Hair.:lol:

And I know Scalp Health is important for that to occur.:ohwell:

Oh yeah, I really don't change up the steps to my Regi. Perhaps the products will differ slightly.

I purchased a Oil from Mozeke an Amla Oil concoction, that you can Steam In or use under dryer and then Co-Wash or do a HOT with it. I will possibly do more HOTS this Fall/Winter (to use it up).:grin:

Well, I have my Indigo in (and a scarf). I think Imma run out for a minute. :look:

To the Grocery & a coupla' quick errands.:blush: :lol:

I have Dental Surgery (again) on this same tooth on Tuesday.:sad:

The Root Canal was not a success. Now they're going to try something else.:nono:

So, I'll be down a minute.:ohwell: They told me I will need soft stuff the first day or two.

And ya'll know, I don't ever have Groceries.:lol:

Hopefully, I'll finish this Head by 3:00. So far I'm doing good.:yep:

GIRL.....It's suppose to be an Eye Roll....But it's Crazy Lookin'. :nono: :rolleyes:

They need to bring the other one back.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I was going to use the MN for my scalp itchies. I hear good things about that.:yep:

IA mk! I just want "healthy" hair. That has always been my #1 Goal.

I'd rather have short, healthy hair than Long Chewed Up Raggedy Hair.:lol:

And I know Scalp Health is important for that to occur.:ohwell:

Oh yeah, I really don't change up the steps to my Regi. Perhaps the products will differ slightly.

I purchased a Oil from Mozeke an Amla Oil concoction, that you can Steam In or use under dryer and then Co-Wash or do a HOT with it. I will possibly do more HOTS this Fall/Winter (to use it up).:grin:

Me too T. I can't stand for my ends to look see through and chewed up. I have to cut them, I don't want long hair that bad.

Well, I have my Indigo in (and a scarf). I think Imma run out for a minute. :look:

To the Grocery & a coupla' quick errands.:blush: :lol:

I have Dental Surgery (again) on this same tooth on Tuesday.:sad:

The Root Canal was not a success. Now they're going to try something else.:nono:

So, I'll be down a minute.:ohwell: They told me I will need soft stuff the first day or two.

And ya'll know, I don't ever have Groceries.:lol:

Hopefully, I'll finish this Head by 3:00. So far I'm doing good.:yep:

Oh T, sorry about the root canal. I need one but putting it off and eating on one side:nono: I'm punk, hate the dentist, I had root canal years ago they are no joke. I'm being treated for inflamtion first, probably in Oct.

Mk have you thought about doing more protective styles? It seems like my hair started to grow more when i left it alone. If you don't like twists or braids you could do buns or updo's.

Hi

I clarified yesterday with bicarbonate of soda, could not find my bentonite clay :perplexed. I finally got to try a couple of Darcy Botanicals products that I bought a few weeks ago.

I deep conditioned with Darcy Botanicals Pumpkin Seed Conditioner. I couldn't be bothered to sit under my dryer so just put on a plastic shower cap and wrapped a towel around my head and left it on for a couple of hours. This conditioner feels so rich and thick and felt great going on. It left my hair feeling so soft and easy to detangle and I love the smell. I loved this conditioner and would consider repurchasing :lick:. I should get another two uses out of this 8oz bottle

I airdried overnight and this morning before getting my hair cornrowed I applied the Madagascar Vanilla Styling Creme. I do not like the smell of this and it does not smell like Vanilla at all to me. The texture feels slightly gritty to me but it went on nice. I am very light handed with my products (apart from conditioners) but felt like I had to use quite alot of this but it is quite light probably due to the aloe vera juice. I will use it every four weeks before getting my hair cornrowed until it is gone.

The girl that cornrowed my hair said that it felt really soft and her hands were getting nice and moisturised from my hair :)

From tomorrow I will use the Komaza hair nourishment oil on my scalp, I think this should last me at least 3 to 4 months so I will get a good idea of how it works for me.

Mk have you thought about doing more protective styles? It seems like my hair started to grow more when i left it alone. If you don't like twists or braids you could do buns or updo's.

La, I don't think I can get away with twists or braids at work but I am working on bunning at least 4 days a week. I had to get away from rubber band holders totally because bunning with them caused my nape to break off.

Oh T, sorry about the root canal. I need one but putting it off and eating on one side:nono: I'm punk, hate the dentist, I had root canal years ago they are no joke. I'm being treated for inflamtion first, probably in Oct.

I'm Angry because I spent $1,000 (Dental Insurance, of course) on that tooth and it still isn't any better. I went through all that Pain for nothing. I have had 2 R.C.'s before (with no problem), but this last one was a Trip.:nono: And my tooth still hurts. And that was back in March.:blush:

T, I hope your dental procedure is painless as possible.

Me too. :sad: Thanks Ladies.:grin:

I am trying to decide if I should be put under or not.:ohwell: That's an additional $375.00, but I may need it. :look:

I wasted that grand on that root canal, so now my insurance is coming up short (so Imma hafta' pay). This one tooth is going to cost me about $4,000 once it's done.:nono:

I am a fanatic when it comes to my teeth. So, Imma just have to deal with the pain & the cost.:lol:

Hii I deep conditioned with Darcy Botanicals Pumpkin Seed Conditioner. I couldn't be bothered to sit under my dryer so just put on a plastic shower cap and wrapped a towel around my head and left it on for a couple of hours. This conditioner feels so rich and thick and felt great going on. It left my hair feeling so soft and easy to detangle and I love the smell. I loved this conditioner and would consider repurchasing :lick:. I should get another two uses out of this 8oz bottle.

Thanks for the Review Rosalind.:grin:

I still have not gotten around to trying this one out. I may use it to Co-Wash with. Not Sure.:perplexed

Everyone seems to really like it. I need to smell it. Ltown didn't like the smell, but you did. (Imma hafta' see what it smells like now).:look:

Still sitting here with my Indigo on. It's starting to run a bit.:sad: I will leave it on until about 1:00 and then rinse it out.

Will be steaming with Jasmines.:yep:

I'm Angry because I spent $1,000 (Dental Insurance, of course) on that tooth and it still isn't any better. I went through all that Pain for nothing. I have had 2 R.C.'s before (with no problem), but this last one was a Trip.:nono: And my tooth still hurts. And that was back in March.:blush:

Me too. :sad: Thanks Ladies.:grin:

I am trying to decide if I should be put under or not.:ohwell: That's an additional $375.00, but I may need it. :look:

I wasted that grand on that root canal, so now my insurance is coming up short (so Imma hafta' pay). This one tooth is going to cost me about $4,000 once it's done.:nono:

I am a fanatic when it comes to my teeth. So, Imma just have to deal with the pain & the cost.:lol:

I understand T, I prefer to be put under but I don't deal well with pain. My mom just spent about 10k getting a few implants and she went ahead and went under and paid the extra $500. She was scared it was going to hurt.

So T, did you do henna yesterday or do you mix the henna and indigo?

I mixed the Henna last night w/a Splash of Kukui Nut Oil. And applied it 1st thing this a.m. I have the Indigo on now.

I always do the 2 step process. Henna on for a coupla' hours/Indigo on for a coupla' hours.

OT: I may get go ahead and get "Twilight" too. I'm not sure what the procedure is going to consist of, but they have already given me like 3 prescriptions for the aftermath.:eek2:

It's times like these I miss/need my Mommy!:crying3:

I just smelled DB Pumpkin Seed. It smells like a "lighter" version of Sexy Healthy Pumpkin (which, by the way is very Pumpkin-y/Heavy on the Pumpkin/Spice Scent).:spike:

This is a light version. Just a hint of Pumpkin & Spice (IMO).:lick:

I'm excited about using it. It smells very Fall.:yep:

So, if you don't like the smell of Pumpkin Pie or Pumpkin Spice, it definitely may not be for you.

And if you don't like that smell, at all, you'd really hate Healthy Sexy Pumpkin.:lol:

I mixed the Henna last night w/a Splash of Kukui Nut Oil. And applied it 1st thing this a.m. I have the Indigo on now.

I always do the 2 step process. Henna on for a coupla' hours/Indigo on for a coupla' hours.

OT: I may get go ahead and get "Twilight" too. I'm not sure what the procedure is going to consist of, but they have already given me like 3 prescriptions for the aftermath.:eek2:

It's times like these I miss/need my Mommy!:crying3:

:bighug:

..........I need 10 characters

La, I don't think I can get away with twists or braids at work but I am working on bunning at least 4 days a week. I had to get away from rubber band holders totally because bunning with them caused my nape to break off.

I use the goody ouchless bands the black ones and they last a long time. I get a few hairs in them but they don't pull or break my hair off. I use them to put my braids in a pony tail.

Thanks for the Review Rosalind.:grin:

I still have not gotten around to trying this one out. I may use it to Co-Wash with. Not Sure.:perplexed

Everyone seems to really like it. I need to smell it. Ltown didn't like the smell, but you did. (Imma hafta' see what it smells like now).:look:

Still sitting here with my Indigo on. It's starting to run a bit.:sad: I will leave it on until about 1:00 and then rinse it out.

Will be steaming with Jasmines.:yep:

:lachen: Oh it has the slip, but I don't like pumpkin smell it too much. I love eat pumpkins seeds. :lick:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back