Use 1 buy 1 Challenge 2010 pt.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Ladies....................

I went Wig Browsing today.:ohwell:

I need to go when I have more time to "think" (Too many choices).:perplexed

Not quite sure what I want for Fall/Winter.:look:

I am going to try to get this Henna in tomorrow.

So, I'll be up earrrly starting on that all day session. Hopefully, I can be done by 3:00 p.m. That's what I'm going to shoot for.

And I should use up a couple things too. So, that's always good.:grin:

Hey Ladies....................

I went Wig Browsing today.:ohwell:

I need to go when I have more time to "think" (Too many choices).:perplexed

Not quite sure what I want for Fall/Winter.:look:

I am going to try to get this Henna in tomorrow.

So, I'll be up earrrly starting on that all day session. Hopefully, I can be done by 3:00 p.m. That's what I'm going to shoot for.

And I should use up a couple things too. So, that's always good.:grin:
T, what styles are you looking at? Short, long?

i really wish I had the patience to henna right now. I am so suprised that I got such good results brewing in the coffee pot.

T, what styles are you looking at? Short, long?

I looked at an assortment.:look:

Nothing will be longer than Chin/Shoulder Length tho' regardless.:yep:

I may pop back in there one day on my Lunch Hour (when the people aren't "as helpful":look:)

I like browsing w/o being disturbed..........:lol:

Well, I just spritzed my hair with some of Ltown's Super Surprise Moisturizing Herbal Spritz and put on a little Kukui Nut oil and a scarf.:grin:

I am going into my 9th-10th week post and feeling errr bit of it right about now.:ohwell:

At around week 8 things start to get ugly.:lol:

Well, I just spritzed my hair with some of Ltown's Super Surprise Moisturizing Herbal Spritz and put on a little Kukui Nut oil and a scarf.:grin:

I am going into my 9th-10th week post and feeling errr bit of it right about now.:ohwell:

At around week 8 things start to get ugly.:lol:

IDaret stop it, ladies she blowing me up and it not all that. I'm not like Brownie starting any business or spritz sampling. It just herbal teas(burdocks, nettles, horsetail, a little left over (silk amino acids, panthenol) these will always make my hair soft and are key ingredients I look for in my products.

Im thinking of going back to use aubrey organics as a base for my dc, even though it caused build up as the wdt did, my hair is thicker now and can tolerate more. I find myself using more product which before it would take forever for me to use something up. I have about 2 more uses of the cj smoothing conditioner which will not be a repurchase and maybe 3 or four more uses of my wdt which stretches a little further because it has more slip.
La, to the bold it worked for me, changing products so often you never get your regimen or pj down. It does not take much to get my hair soft so I know online buying is out, anything with silk, panthenol and a couple of the emulifyier are good for me. The online natural products are great but they are small and the longer your hair gets the more you need to use and for me it not cost effective to pay for shipping. Vitacost sells aubrey cheap and shippig is $4.95 regardless of how much your order.

IDaret stop it, ladies she blowing me up and it not all that. I'm not like Brownie starting any business or spritz sampling. It just herbal teas(burdocks, nettles, horsetail, a little left over (silk amino acids, panthenol) these will always make my hair soft and are key ingredients I look for in my products.

Ya'll it really is! @ 1st bolded.:grin:

@2nd bolded: See what I mean?????:look: :yep:

La, to the bold it worked for me, changing products so often you never get your regimen or pj down. It does not take much to get my hair soft so I know online buying is out, anything with silk, panthenol and a couple of the emulifyier are good for me. The online natural products are great but they are small and the longer your hair gets the more you need to use and for me it not cost effective to pay for shipping. Vitacost sells aubrey cheap and shippig is $4.95 regardless of how much your order.
Have you checked out Vitaglo, http://vitaglo.com/aubrey.html they have the cheapest prices that I have seen and it is free shipping if you spend over $50

Ya'll it really is! @ 1st bolded.:grin:

@2nd bolded: See what I mean?????:look: :yep:

You are funny T, last of the special spritz I don't have anymore of the silk, panthenol and since I'm cutting back I'll get Mane tail and Elasta have some good stuff too.

Last edited:
So not happy with my hair today. My twist out was not cute to me. Everyone else thought it looked nice. It does smell nice. Mosy of the twists didn't actually twist. Its not exactly straight but it could definitely be more defined. I may retwist it tonight. I'll probably go swimming tomorrow and just redo it then

hello everyone. i know im the only one up lol.
today i used up mhc olive you conditioner. and i used it on wet hair and i can tell you that stuff is not meant to detangle. so i used almost a whole bottle of giovanni tea tree to help with slip. basically im almost out of co wash conditioners so today i purchased a bottle of tresseme flawless curls and tresseme nourishing moisture. i cantw ait to try them because i have never used tresseme before.

Good Morning, I've been doing a lot of thinking about what I been doing to my hair and why it not growing; I know too much oil and stuff on the scalp, I've been in the sulfur challenge and not much growth from that. I was going to do mn with IdareT but thought about that and it did not work before anyway and really my hair grew fine before I started clogging it. I use up Darcy's pumpkin it was a gift(thanks T) but I won't purchase don't like the smell. I've been trying to highlight my hair on my own, well unfortunate since I used bigen to cover my grays in my temple the front won't lighten. I have really a mix of light/dark patches:lachen: I've always colored my own hair but this mess may need a professional to fixes:lol:

Hi Ya'll. Okay.....I wish he'd stop with all this now.:rolleyes:

Make Him Stop Somebody.....:ohwell: :lol:

I used up a HV Acai Berry Conditioner (have back up) and a Tube of Tigi Dumb Blonde.

Will cut the tube open next wash day and scrape the rest completely out/have back up).

Will also use up 1 VO5 Moisture Milks to rinse out this Henna/Indigo.

Decided to Steam with Jasmine's Babbasu Xtreme in Buttercream.:lick:

Good morning ladies, im up early getting stuff ready for work tonight. I will moisturize with lucious. Double checking and researching my products last night i saw that the burnt sugar pomade will not be good for me in the winter. Its a humectant and i knew that it was but didn't think about it. I will use it into the fall as far as i can then i will switch to something else and save it for next summer. Im going to try the kinky curly gloss pomade, The almond glaze will be a no go also, the waxes draw moisture into the hair and in dry weather suck them out. My other products should be fine.

Good morning ladies, im up early getting stuff ready for work tonight. I will moisturize with lucious. Double checking and researching my products last night i saw that the burnt sugar pomade will not be good for me in the winter. Its a humectant and i knew that it was but didn't think about it. I will use it into the fall as far as i can then i will switch to something else and save it for next summer. Im going to try the kinky curly gloss pomade, The almond glaze will be a no go also, the waxes draw moisture into the hair and in dry weather suck them out. My other products should be fine.

Girl, You been really getting your Research On........:grin:

That's good that you know what to use & what not to use and why.:yep:

OT: I wish Nikos would quit playin':rolleyes:

Here is a list of common humectants found in hair care products. I got this off of naturally curly.com veggie waxes and glycerin are also humectants. So if you find certain products don't work for you in the winter this maybe why:

1,2,6 hexanetriol
Butylene Glycol
Dipropylene glycol
Glycerin
Hexylene Glycol
Panthenol
Phytantriol — enhances moisture-retention, increases absorption of vitamins, panthenol, and amino acids into hair shaft, imparts gloss
Propylene glycol
Sodium PCA
Sorbitol
Triethylene glycol
Polyglyceryl sorbitol
Glucose
Fructose
Polydextrose
Potassium PCA
Urea
Hydrogenated Honey
Hyaluronic Acid
Inositol
Hexanediol beeswax
Hexanetriol Beeswax
Hydrolyzed Elastin
Hydrolyzed Collagen
Hydrolyzed Silk
Hydrolyzed Keratin
Erythritol
Capryl glycol
Isoceteth-(3-10, 20, 30)
Isolaureth-(3-10, 20, 30)
Laneth-(5-50)
Laureth-(1-30)
Steareth-(4-20)
Trideceth-(5-50)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Girl, You Busy!:lol:

Thanks for this list.:yep:

It seems like everybody is excited for their Fall/Winter Regimen(s).

It's good to have a Game Plan going in.:grin:

I started my hair day about 1 hr ago. Cut open the Jessicurl gallon. I hope to be done with it by next week at the latest. I've been back n forth on the Curl Junkie. I must not want that ish cuz what is holding me back?

LC I've been looking at the at KK Gloss Pomade too.

I started my hair day about 1 hr ago. Cut open the Jessicurl gallon. I hope to be done with it by next week at the latest. I've been back n forth on the Curl Junkie. I must not want that ish cuz what is holding me back?

If you place an order for the KK from Curlmart, just throw in a CJ Banana Honey Hibiscus (Deep Fix).:yep: You'd Like It:lick:

Or do you just pick up your KK Locally?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Girl, You Busy!:lol:

Thanks for this list.:yep:

It seems like everybody is excited for their Fall/Winter Regimen(s).

It's good to have a Game Plan going in.:grin:

Yes, i can't afford to go into winter and stuff stops working. I know i can't do glycerin in the winter. Im kind of bummed about the honey because i just got that to use in my dc's but the shelf life is long so i use it until the winter then put it up.

Yeah shay i will be picking it up on my next and hopefully last curlmart order for the year. I will let you know how it works for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back