Use 1 buy 1 Challenge 2010 pt.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
i forgot i have a vatika frosting too. its either 1 or 2 years old. i should put it in the fridge because i love when its solid. when its not its just an oil. and i have monoi de tahiti which is basically the same thing.

Okay, so, I pulled out my AO Blue Cammomile, J/A/S/O/N, Natures Gate & Millcreek. I think I will start co-washing with these for a minute and use them up before I go to Oyin, HV, Komaza, Jasmines, Ori etc....:ohwell:

I have 1 AO, 2 Jason, 1 NG & 1 Millcreek, so I should be able to get through these fairly quickly.

Won't replace any of these in the near future.:nono:

I poured the brewed cassia over my head. I don't think its going to do much. But I guess its a way to use it up.

That's where I'm at too mk!:yep: We are so >>HERE<<

I want to go into the New Year, with a much Leaner, Cleaner, Greener STASH!:grin:

Yes!! You are definately reducing your stash!!! I am tired of looking at these powders. I need to either use them or get rid of them. They are just looking at me every time I go into the bin they are sitting in.

Is anyone else doing their hair tonight?

Yes!! You are definately reducing your stash!!! I am tired of looking at these powders. I need to either use them or get rid of them. They are just looking at me every time I go into the bin they are sitting in.

Is anyone else doing their hair tonight?

I still have too much stuff tho'. :blush:

But it's coming along. I am happy that I am able to reduce it by any means necessary. :spinning:

I learned a "Valuable" Lesson about buying all Willy-Nilly. I won't be making that 'costly' mistake again (that's for sure).:perplexed :rolleyes: IA: You just get tired.:lachen:

That Cassia Gloss sounds good.:yep:

this up coming week i will be co washing with giovanni tea tree conditioner. the only othe co wash conditioners i have are AO GPB, AO blue camomile, aveda be curly, aveda scalp conditioner and i think thats it.

Yeah, I pulled those out and will start to work on them. Then I will only use stuff like HV, SSI, Jasmines, Oyin etc....for my co-washers.

I finished my hair earlier and im so glad i did because im so lazy right now. Has anyone tried using the whole kinky curly line? I would use it if i still lived in cali but here the seasons change too much, dry one day humid the next but in consistant weather i would .

I finished my hair earlier and im so glad i did because im so lazy right now. Has anyone tried using the whole kinky curly line? I would use it if i still lived in cali but here the seasons change too much, dry one day humid the next but in consistant weather i would .

I hear you girl. You know "we" can't be foolin' around, the way this crazy weather is........:cold:

But honestly, I think I'll be 'set' for Winter.

I have my Buttas, Creams & Oils all Lined Up to Fight that Hawk....:bud:

Now all I need is a couple more Durags and a Wig or 2.:freezing:

this up coming week i will be co washing with giovanni tea tree conditioner. the only othe co wash conditioners i have are AO GPB, AO blue camomile, aveda be curly, aveda scalp conditioner and i think thats it.

Che, how is the be curly conditioner?

I don't really use oils much either. I like VF but I use it on my face.

La, I just use the knot today and the KCCC. I am thinking about buying the shampoo. Have you used the curling custard?

I left the cassia that I brewed in the coffee pot in for 2 hours and my hair felt rough and strong afterwards. I guess it really acted like protein. I am DC right now with the CJ banana and hibiscus deep fix (thank you Brownie). It went on so smooth and its just so thick. I hope I like the results because it seems like it will be amazing.

So, I went through my stuff and pulled out some things that had less than 1 use left. I was able to finish a CJ Deep Fix that I didn't know was there, some hempseed oil, some Kukui nut oil, another Okra that had a tiny bit left, and a bit of Babassu Xtreme from Jasmine's that I mixed with the Okra to finish off. For my washes next week, I'll try and use up the last of my MHC Honey Hair Mask, SSI Moisture Mist, Garnier Sleek & Shine serum, and maybe a Hydratherma Naturals oil.

Full disclosure - I bought 3 butters and a deep conditioner from Marie Dean. :)

La, I just use the knot today and the KCCC. I am thinking about buying the shampoo. Have you used the curling custard?

I tried it before but it made my hair too crunchy, i followed the directions and tried it different ways but it didn't work. I like the smell of it though. I wish it was a cream with more moisture.

NVM..goggle is not my friend :lachen:. I really need black folks to stop making these handmade products :look:.

Let me see who she is, i would get in on making natural product especially for where i live. People are looking for more natural products and the bss aren't keeping up. I could make a killing but i don't have the patience to deal with the downside of buisness. I may start learning to make loc tubes because all the young guys are wearing locs these days and the bss doesn't even carry them.

Eta- marie got too much going on for me. Too much stuff to choose from.

Last edited:
Marie Dean, Ori organic more natural hair products:nono: I'm lurking here got to stop buying or my stash will never go down :lachen: My sister/friend benefit from my pj buying them heifer are not getting anymore either, they need to pay it forward:lachen: But I'll be bookmarking for future reference:rolleyes:

Morning. Sitting here in Charlotte's Airport. For an airport it's really nice had a nice mall thing in the center. I'm just glad to be here it was a Murphy's Law kinda morning, but the Lord allowed me to make the flight.

Back on topic- I won't be using up anything while I'm away. I did bring Green Tea & Hibscus for cowash, KBB for daily moisture, Shea Moisture Hair milk & smoothie for retwisting. I brought my bathing suit so I may wear a WnG for the second half of the trip. I got some new ouchless goody bands the large ones that are great for puffs.

I don't need anymore hair products. I have 3 jars of VF in the fridge and 1 in the closet. For some reason I didn't use it this summer like I did last year. I'll have to use it more in the fall/winter when I start twisting it up.

The Marie dean stuff looked nice at first glance but I agree with LC its too much stuff to look at. Sometimes variety is a hindrance. It's like going through a clearance rack at Macy's or something to much to look at, too many choices. Maybe I'm just not in the mood to buy either.

Morning. Sitting here in Charlotte's Airport. For an airport it's really nice had a nice mall thing in the center. I'm just glad to be here it was a Murphy's Law kinda morning, but the Lord allowed me to make the flight.

Back on topic- I won't be using up anything while I'm away. I did bring Green Tea & Hibscus for cowash, KBB for daily moisture, Shea Moisture Hair milk & smoothie for retwisting. I brought my bathing suit so I may wear a WnG for the second half of the trip. I got some new ouchless goody bands the large ones that are great for puffs.

Have a Great time Vonnie!:grin: You've been on More Trips this Summer! WOW!:blush:

Glad you are enjoying Life. Be Safe. Have Fun.:grin:

Have a Great time Vonnie!:grin: You've been on More Trips this Summer! WOW!:blush:

Glad you are enjoying Life. Be Safe. Have Fun.:grin:

Thank you Ms. T:hug3::hug3:

I have done quite a bit of traveling. This trip is a continuing education conference and my employer is paying for it:grin:

I have one last trip a women's retreat with my church over my birthday weekend in 2 weeks. We are going to Sandy Cove.

I'll be done for a while after that. Only a couple of vacay days left for the year.

Im thinking of going back to use aubrey organics as a base for my dc, even though it caused build up as the wdt did, my hair is thicker now and can tolerate more. I find myself using more product which before it would take forever for me to use something up. I have about 2 more uses of the cj smoothing conditioner which will not be a repurchase and maybe 3 or four more uses of my wdt which stretches a little further because it has more slip.

Hey ladies. My hair turned out really nice. I love the cj deep fix. Love it! I also really liked using the perm rods. I wanted to attach a pic of my twist and a picture of my son at his first football game but I can't figure out how to attach pictures anymore. Do we have to go through another site now? Like photobucket?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back