Use 1 buy 1 Challenge 2010 pt.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, my scalp has been itching like crazy for the past 2 weeks. I've been massaging with the Mixed Greens, her Herbal Rich Scalp Butter (Christine Gant), or that Pimento JBCO I got. It's been helping. As I type, I feel like digging the heck outta my scalp. :nono: I want to tear it up!! I can't wait to wash tomorrow night!

Me Too.:sad: @bolded.:lachen:

And I am only about 8 weeks Post.:perplexed

But....I think this is my itchy season:look: (if that makes sense:perplexed....like right before Fall/Winter, I get a really itchy spell:blush:).

I've been in a state of benign neglect over the past two weeks. Just cw and wetbuns. I feel like I just relaxed and its bushy in the back - well its partially my fault because I overprocessed but underprocessed my back half because I went heavy on the base...ugh.

And I've been shedding. I'm so like whatever towards it right now. Then last night I was watching longhairdontcare's YT channel and she really only washes her hair 1x/a month, and I'm saying - oh that's not for me. She does this even when she wears her hair in straight styles. I've never even considered going that long without washing my head. I'm too worried about scalp funk.

Anyway....

I steamed on dry hair with Nutrine Garlic
clarified with Phyto Kelate
shampoo w/Nexxus Vitatress
treatment w/Nexxus Cysteine
and mini DC w/Redken Real Control

airdry rollerset with Qhem. Karkady on the ends and alittle coco.detangler.

I think I'll just pincurl for the rest of the week and not do anything else till after Ramadan.

Your Regi sounds really good HFlyGirl!:yep:

hearing about the hairveda sale makes me want to pull out my cocasta oil and oil my scalp and use it as a sealant. i used to love that stuff. mine is probably old though.

I guess I need to pay attention I haven't looked at BJ's new stuff yet. Maybe I can look into her perfumed body oils instead of just coconut oil on my skin after showers and baths.

So, Che.....do You like the Cocosta better than AV's Shikaki Oil?:look:

actually the shikaiki oil made me sick. i think. its a growth aid and im not to fond of growth aids anyway. i used it back when i was getting colds alot so it could have been symptoms from the cold but when i used it my throat started feeling tight so i went to the bathroom and wiped it of my scalp with a wet paper towel. i felt better after that. i didnt feel right selling it or giving it away in case it was the oil that made me feel that way so i trashed it.

plus the textures are different. AV oil is light just like any other oil. cocasta is almost the same texture as jbco with better ingredients and a nice yummy smell. if im not mistaken i think the first ingredient is castor oil so its great for the winte.

actually the shikaiki oil made me sick. i think. its a growth aid and im not to fond of growth aids anyway. i used it back when i was getting colds alot so it could have been symptoms from the cold but when i used it my throat started feeling tight so i went to the bathroom and wiped it of my scalp with a wet paper towel. i felt better after that.

i didnt feel right selling it or giving it away in case it was the oil that made me feel that way so i trashed it.plus the textures are different. AV oil is light just like any other oil. cocasta is almost the same texture as jbco with better ingredients and a nice yummy smell. if im not mistaken i think the first ingredient is castor oil so its great for the winte.

Now, I'm torn?:ohwell: I liked the sample of the AV I had. :yep:

But if the Cocosta smells good & on Sale, I may have to roll with that.:look:

Well, I went back in and re-adjusted my Hairveda Cart.

Maaannn It's still up there (price-wise:blush:) So hopefully, the Sales are GOOD.:look:

I still did not add Vatika Frosting.:sad: I am seriously thinking about not getting any.

But if it's like 5 bucks I might.:look:

actually the shikaiki oil made me sick. i think. its a growth aid and im not to fond of growth aids anyway. i used it back when i was getting colds alot so it could have been symptoms from the cold but when i used it my throat started feeling tight so i went to the bathroom and wiped it of my scalp with a wet paper towel. i felt better after that. i didnt feel right selling it or giving it away in case it was the oil that made me feel that way so i trashed it.

plus the textures are different. AV oil is light just like any other oil. cocasta is almost the same texture as jbco with better ingredients and a nice yummy smell. if im not mistaken i think the first ingredient is castor oil so its great for the winte.

Yes!! I agree with the bolded! T, I think you will love it!!

HV is my favorite line overall so I know I will be buying during the sale. I hope the VF is $5. My hair was so darn frizzy today, I think I overdid it with the KBB milk. I clearly need to learn restraint like T and stop dousing my hair with product. My hair is already fine it doesn't need a gallon of product.

tomorrow i am going to do a wash and go with aveda be curly after i protein co wash. i cant wait to use be curly. its been a while since ive done so.
also i need to find something thats going to give me shine to put over it. maybe ill just use a little bit of monoi de tahiti since i havent used that oil in a while either.

im thinking abut coloring my hair this weekend. im tired of this honey brown. i want my dark brown/black back. i think i may have some sebastian brown rinse left. if i do i will use it tomorrow just to see how my hair will look. if i dont have it then i will just continue to prep my hair with protein until sunday when i do a color.

IDT - I'm going to work with this reggie for this month. The shedding is down considerably and I have bad HIH since I took down the rollers. The real control was a great addition to end and softened the hair greatly. I only left it on for 15 minutes but it did the trick after the cysteine.

Lately, I've only been apply growth stuff like MT/OCT the day/night before my wash day.

Miss T- Which do you prefer the Mixed Greens or the Darcy's?

My head is soooooo itchie right now. I'm hoping that washing tomorrow will help. I know I need to take these flat twist out and let my scalp breathe but I don't know if I have time to redo my hair.

:violin:Ya'll I wish I wasn't so heavy-handed.:fallenang

I've practially blown through my Jar of Darcy's E & M Scalp Butter.:sad:

I have to work on not dousing my head in product. :drool:

Especially these hand-made things that costs a King's Ransom to replace.:king:

@bolded- this is why i have 50-11 leave-ins open. I start to blow through a bottle and then get scared I won't have any so I spread the love around by opening another bottle.

I have 2 job interviews coming up in the next week, I think I should probably take these braids out and do something else with my hair.

I finished the CFC activator something or other. I used the Jasons Naturals conditioner last night. I hated it, luckily I was heavy handed with it so it will be gone before the week is over.

Last edited:
ok me and my hair are on bad terms today.

anyway i havent heard back from curlmart and of course ups hasnt given me any packages yet.

mkd i really dont know what else i can do. all the ups locations i have tried have said they are stores and dont hold packages. every time i call the main number i get an answering machine.
i dont know if curlmart has made any progress with them because i havent heard anything from them yet.

tonight i am going to do a twist out using aveda be curly and aveda defining whip. i dont think the whip has much hold which is why i will be using the be curly under it.
i will just have to twist every night because the last time i ended up getting second day hair but i didnt like the way it shrunk all the way up.
i will be doing it on slightly damp hair and with about 20 twists.

I can't get second day hair either, I wonder if I should start rebraiding or twisting at night. It just seems like so much work:drunk:

My scalp is feeling better today after cowashing. I used Suave but couldn't use it up. I'll use it again this weekend to pre-poo then clarify and DC with my mix from last weekend.

I'm going to wear a twist-out tomorrow and Friday then do something special for Saturday/Sunday. I'm supposed to go to some festival and see Chrisette Michelle & Macy Gray so I need to look FLY...:grin::lachen::grin:

yea doing it every night is a pain but i cant get second day hair with small or large twists. and people say there hair gets better over the days, mine is the other way around lol.
i wond do the same amount of twists, just enough so the hair wont shrink during the night and look different the next day.

my hair is so soft today. i co washed with giovanni xtreme and im almost out already lol. my hair loves that stuff so i will pick up another tube tomorrow. anyway and i did a puff without any product and my hair feels amazing.

if i dont hear anything back from curlmart(i told them to ship my stuff to another address) then i will take the matter to paypal. even though i know its ups fault im just fed up period.

Well, I went back in and re-adjusted my Hairveda Cart.

Maaannn It's still up there (price-wise:blush:) So hopefully, the Sales are GOOD.:look:

I still did not add Vatika Frosting.:sad: I am seriously thinking about not getting any.

But if it's like 5 bucks I might.:look:

Well, thanks to Fairy-Fabulousity....:fairy:I will hafta' go back in yet again and re-adjust my HV Cart. *Thanks Fab:kiss:...you truly are Fab*

Got a coupla' packages today. I also got my Prods from Komaza. I promise you all, they have the fastest shipping in the World.:woot: (And they're all the way on the West Coast).

yea doing it every night is a pain but i cant get second day hair with small or large twists. and people say there hair gets better over the days, mine is the other way around lol.
i wond do the same amount of twists, just enough so the hair wont shrink during the night and look different the next day.

my hair is so soft today. i co washed with giovanni xtreme and im almost out already lol. my hair loves that stuff so i will pick up another tube tomorrow. anyway and i did a puff without any product and my hair feels amazing.

if i dont hear anything back from curlmart(i told them to ship my stuff to another address) then i will take the matter to paypal. even though i know its ups fault im just fed up period.

Che, you have a lot of patience to redo your hair. my hair is soft too and if it don't hold for another day I give up. That was the issue when I was relax get my hair done $$$ and poof all gone.

so i have decided that i am going to go into twists in about 2-3 weeks. i am going to do them myself. they will be the regular box braids and i will keep it up in a bun. i need a break from my hair and i cant get that even with twists using my own hair because i will just take them down in 3 days lol.
im going to buy the hair tomorrow because i am tempted to do them this weekend.

this is what i will do:
pre poo for an hour with giovanni xtreme
shampoo with aphogee for damaged hair
deep condition with mhc honey mask (assuming i ever get it, ups is holding it hostage lmao)
use kbb hair milk, paul mitchell heat seal and another heat protectant
put my hair in four huge braids and let dry over night
the next day blow dry on low and moisturize in sections with oyin whipped pudding

^^^^^^^^^

Sounds Good Che.:yep: Nice Regi. (If you do it:look:):lachen:

Girl, you know you change your mind like the Wind.....:lachen:

Maybe I'll use my MHC Honey Mask Friday to non-celebrate the wacky:spinning: UPS Guy.

It'll be in rotation anyways, so I might as well.:rolleyes:

^^^^^^^^^

Sounds Good Che.:yep: Nice Regi. (If you do it:look:):lachen:

Girl, you know you change your mind like the Wind.....:lachen:

Maybe I'll use my MHC Honey Mask Friday to non-celebrate the wacky:spinning: UPS Guy.

It'll be in rotation anyways, so I might as well.:rolleyes:

girl right after i posted the reggi i was like :look:. i think we all know im wishy washy:lachen:

about the ups guy, i should have stopped that day i saw him. now im kicking myself because i had a chance to let him know about his self.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back