Use 1 buy 1 Challenge 2010 pt.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just finished brading with deja's and bsp. Lawd that stuff smells so good. Thank you jeezus:clap: Really hoping that this works, it was easy to emulsify and use. Will give an update tommorrow when my hair dries.

I have about 1/2 Bottle of KBB almost Gone.

I really like the CocoMango. :lick:

I still have about 1 3/4ths Bottles to use up. One in White Tea (which I love) and one in Cammomile & Sage.

Don't even ask me what 'possessed' me to try that scent.:sad: I was thinking "Fall".:ohwell:

I should try to sell it Cammomile Sage on the Exchange Forum.:perplexed

But then I'd be running to the P.O.:rolleyes: I have a couple butters too, but I'll use them this Fall/Winter for sure.

You know How we Lurve Our Butters Fall/Winter.:grin:

Hey ladies!

Orientation had me dipping in and out of the board. LOL.

I will dc and straighten today or tomorrow. I want to have a different look for the full first day of classes on monday. Im sooo excited.

Back to reading/studying.

Hey ladies!

Orientation had me dipping in and out of the board. LOL.

I will dc and straighten today or tomorrow. I want to have a different look for the full first day of classes on monday. Im sooo excited.

Back to reading/studying.

Don't be a stranger mama since we can't talk downstairs no mo.

im back. im about to leave out. i might have to do a hard core protein treatment. i slept in protein overnight and then co washed with aveda dr conditioner and my hair is still mushy. urggg!!! i dont know whats going on. i dont want to do aphogee 2 step so today i will stop at target or whole foods and pick up giovanni xtreme protein.
my hair is so limp and stringy and mushy.
i think after a while my hair gets used to certain products and they no longer work. which is why AO GPB is like all moisture for me now. its like my hair canthold protein or something.

im back. im about to leave out. i might have to do a hard core protein treatment. i slept in protein overnight and then co washed with aveda dr conditioner and my hair is still mushy. urggg!!! i dont know whats going on. i dont want to do aphogee 2 step so today i will stop at target or whole foods and pick up giovanni xtreme protein.
i think after a while my hair gets used to certain products and they no longer work. which is why AO GPB is like all moisture for me now. its like my hair canthold protein or something.

WOW Che!:sad: I was wondering when you said you slept in that Palmers Protein Pak.:sad:

Hope you get things back on track!:grin:

Thanks ladies, i have another problem:look: i used the oyin poo bar and it made my hair fell funny like coated. I know from reviews it says you have to use it a few times to get used to it so im not scraping it yet. Also do you need to do an acv rinse after you use a poo bar? Oyin doesn't say you do but i don't know if i have to or not. If so how do you do an acv rinse? Sorry for all the questions but i want to use them right to see if they really work and not have to throw products away.

La, when I first started using shampoo bars, I had to do ACV rinses. I use a tablespoon to 2 cups of water.

My sister trimmed my hair and did an awesome job. I may never go back to the hairdresser again. I need to learn how to trim so that I can return the favor and trim her hair for her She told me that my ends didn't look as bad as I thought they did.

My sister trimmed my hair and did an awesome job. I may never go back to the hairdresser again. I need to learn how to trim so that I can return the favor and trim her hair for her She told me that my ends didn't look as bad as I thought they did.

That's good mk! @bolded.:yep:

IK what you mean about returning to the Salon:rolleyes: This girl was in my office yesterday who recently went from Natural to Relaxed and she was talking about the 2/3/4 Hour Waits....:rolleyes:

And she was talking about 'Shaving' Her Head and returning to Natural:perplexed She had 'done' her own Hair and me & my Sec. told her it looked really nice, but she thought it looked homemade:lachen: (It didn't).

Anyway, those 2/3/4 Hour waits made me realize it will be a Long, Long time before I return to a Salon. Unless it's someplace like Supercuts for a trim.:spinning:

T, if my sister moves, I will straighten my own hair and go to supercuts for a trim.

Day, good luck on Monday. I am sure you know a ton of lawyers and people in law school but PM me if you have any questions!

Idk vonnie. Im looking for something to replace deja's that is cheaper with no protein or glycerin. I want to find something by october. I will try the wdt first since i already have it.

I use the Jessicurl Aloeba Daily conditioner as a leave-in. I've used WDT as a leave-in/DC once but I didn't put anything over it.

Ingredients of Aloeba: water infused with lemongrass, nettle, burdock, kelp, marshallow root, horsetail, basil, bay leaf, oregano, rosemary peppermint, sage & thyme; aloe vera juice, behentrimonium methosulfate & cetearyl alcohol, coconut oil, jojoba oil, avocado oil, hydrolyzed oat flour, diazolidinyl urea, iodopropynyl butylcarbamate, fragrance.

If you want to try it let me know.

I read an article way back when about what to do when this happens. One of the tricks was to shampoo with a poo that had carbonic acid in it (like ORS chelating poo, there was a whole list) then do your protein treatment and then moisture. The acid is supposed to help the protein bind better. When I was transitioning this really helped to strengthen my hair and keep it from breaking off so bad.

I feel like going on curlmart and losing my damn mind. I want everything yall are talking about.

I'm resisting the urge to look at any hair products right now.

I should go look in my closet and see what is open and haven't used in a while. Then it will feel like I bought something new.

I'm resisting the urge to look at any hair products right now.

I should go look in my closet and see what is open and haven't used in a while. Then it will feel like I bought something new.

Yeah....Okay:look:Good Luck with that!:lachen:

Seriously Vonnie, you do need to try to break that habit.:yep:
It's difficult, but I'm alot happier since I don't have 50-11 products all open at the same time looking Crazy:spinning:

Finished Up 1 Jar of Christine Gant's Mixed Greens.:lick:

Will rotate to Darcy's Eucalpytus & Mint.:yep:

*I have a backup of the Mixed Greens*

Yeah....Okay:look:Good Luck with that!:lachen:

Seriously Vonnie, you do need to try to break that habit.:yep:
It's difficult, but I'm alot happier since I don't have 50-11 products all open at the same time looking Crazy:spinning:

Your right T. I'm going to rearrange my product closet so that all the open stuff is in the front and I will only use that until it is gone.

Yeah!! I love going through my product closet. *just a lil shame*

Your right T. I'm going to rearrange my product closet so that all the open stuff is in the front and I will only use that until it is gone.
Yeah!! I love going through my product closet. *just a lil shame*

You will feel so much better once you start getting rid of all those opened, half-used bootles, jars & tubes.:grin:

Okay been working in my journal. It includes what I've used and what my products are for each category (ie, moisturizing dc, styling aid, etc).

A few things--
I figured out I can definitely stick to the "for us by us" and only step out for aloe vera gelly.

I need at least two different reconstructors, could benefit from another leave in, moisturizing dc, and maybe another moisturizer that I use on dry hair.

I think I may try an overnight banded wash n go based on Splinta24's you tube video.

I'm on the fence about not buying Hairveda's acv rinses anymore.

Next I will work on my to try and to use up list.

I got an e-mail from Fab. She says the New Look Hurts her Eyes.:ohwell:

(Too Bright, Sterile etc....):ohwell:

I'm tryna' make her come in and post, but just it's not very appealing...........:look:

Hey ladies hope everyone is great. I'm trying to get use to this new format but not having much luck.
Anyway I used up a large bottle of honey hemp, a jar of mozeke's avocado cream, darcy's hair milk & gel, komaza coconut spray,QB honey balm and a small jar of kccc.
everything except the kccc and coconut spray will be repurchases.
My stash is so small now I'm having withdrawl symptoms :nono:
I hope there will be some labor day sales cuz I need a fix :drunk:

Hey ladies hope everyone is great. I'm trying to get use to this new format but not having much luck.
Anyway I used up a large bottle of honey hemp, a jar of mozeke's avocado cream, darcy's hair milk & gel, komaza coconut spray,QB honey balm and a small jar of kccc.
everything except the kccc and coconut spray will be repurchases.
My stash is so small now I'm having withdrawl symptoms :nono:
I hope there will be some labor day sales cuz I need a fix :drunk:

Girl....Ain't nobody 'feelin' this new Format:nono::nono::nono::perplexed

Good Job using up stuff. You used up quite a bit of stuff.:grin:

We're all anxious to see what the Labor Day discounts will be.:look:

btw: I love Komaza.:lick:

I use the Jessicurl Aloeba Daily conditioner as a leave-in. I've used WDT as a leave-in/DC once but I didn't put anything over it.

Ingredients of Aloeba: water infused with lemongrass, nettle, burdock, kelp, marshallow root, horsetail, basil, bay leaf, oregano, rosemary peppermint, sage & thyme; aloe vera juice, behentrimonium methosulfate & cetearyl alcohol, coconut oil, jojoba oil, avocado oil, hydrolyzed oat flour, diazolidinyl urea, iodopropynyl butylcarbamate, fragrance.

If you want to try it let me know.

Thanks vonnie but aloeba has protein in it.

Well i stuck my hand under my scarf to feel my hair, so far so good. Its soft, now if it feels the same way tommorrow we may have a winner.

ok so i ended up getting the giovanni xtreme protein. i will use it tomorrow on dry hair for an hour. i also went to exit the apple and instead of getting samples i got an 8oz bottle of honey hemp and an 8oz jar of whipped pudding.

i used ori organics creamy mango butter to moisturize and style my w&g and i like it. the moisture wore off after a few hours but i can combat that by using something over or under it. my hair was very defined.

i used uo the aveda dr conditioner.
this week i will use uo trader joes tea tree conditioner and darcys pumpkin conditioner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back