Use 1 buy 1 Challenge 2010 pt.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I am working on a game plan. I'm thinking I will order this last little bit I want to order during the labor day sales (Darcy's, Curl Junkie, Anita Grant and Bear Fruit Hair :look:) then go on a no buy until BF. Then on black friday restock on probably just Hairveda. I just have so much of everything :wallbash: and so little hair :giggle:.

Hey Ladies!!!

Work kicked my butt this week and when I came to relax with my U1B1 Ladies the site went *Poof*.

This will definitely take some getting used too.

I went and picked up my SSI package at my grandparents. I like the new look. However the shelf life on her products has gone way down. Only like 6-9mos from what the labels say. I'll just be careful with them but I doubt I'll use all of them up that quick.

I like the smell of the marshmallow cream and the hair butter. The Okra smelled ok. I'm trying to resist the urge to use all my new stuff at once. I like to enjoy my products.

Ps. I'm still trying to get over seeing all those beautiful men in Takers last night. It was an ok movie but the men were FOINE.

Ladies how do you use a pomade. Do you just use a leave in then the pomade. Or do you use leave in, a moisturizer then seal with the pomade. Or do you just use a pomade on wet hair and keep it moving.

Miss T- I revisited the Mozeke Avocado Whipped Cream last night. It did my "bangs" some good when I twisted them up. I'm glad I kept one of the samples. It's not a full size purchase yet but it is a keeper for experimentation.

Bout to go cowash and detangle this mess of hair. I learned this week I have to put water in my head at least twice a week or it is itchie city. I'm going to use a combo of Avocado and Acai to cowash and detangle. Going to sport a combed out fro today. Then tonight I'll DC with Banana burlee and twist it up for the week since I have to work but I can cowash my twists.

Ladies how do you use a pomade. Do you just use a leave in then the pomade. Or do you use leave in, a moisturizer then seal with the pomade. Or do you just use a pomade on wet hair and keep it moving.

I was using it to Slick my Hair down when I phony-bunned last summer On Damp Hair *with about two snaps of hair:look:*

This time I will use it specifically on my ends. (I know you want input more from "Naturals" that use it, but I just put in my two cents......:grin:

Miss T- I revisited the Mozeke Avocado Whipped Cream last night. It did my "bangs" some good when I twisted them up. I'm glad I kept one of the samples. It's not a full size purchase yet but it is a keeper for experimentation.

I really like that product. The Texture and the way it makes my hair feel. I will be revisiting this one definitely in the Fall.:lick:

im going to really hurt the ups guy. so he didnt leave my stuff again.claim i wasnt home when i know i was. so yesterday when i was leaving for work i saw the ups truck down the street from my house. i started to stop but didnt want to risk being late for work. but let me tell you what i saw. this fool on the back of the truck throwing boxes to the ground. now it could have fell but im almost certain he threw it. they are supposed to try and redeliver monday. talk about pissed.
im going to sit with my door open and when he comes i am going to tell him about his self because i have another box coming ups and he needs to know.

anyway, because i need instant gratification im having SO take me to the oyin store today to buy me something lol. im just going to get sample sizes of the pudding and shine and define and honey hemp because i really want to do a twist out with them.

last night i slept in palmers protein treatment.

Pomade is good ole hair grease right? I use it as a moisturizer on dry hair. I double moisturize. I moisturize on wet hair with a spray moisturizer then once my hair is completely dry I moisturize again with a grease, butter, cream, or lotion. I've been doing this for the two years I've been here.

Pomade is good ole hair grease right? I use it as a moisturizer on dry hair. I double moisturize. I moisturize on wet hair with a spray moisturizer then once my hair is completely dry I moisturize again with a grease, butter, cream, or lotion. I've been doing this for the two years I've been here.

This is what I do as well. It depends on the style I am trying to achieve, but I use mine as a moisturizer for damp and dry hair.

Thanks ladies, i have another problem:look: i used the oyin poo bar and it made my hair fell funny like coated. I know from reviews it says you have to use it a few times to get used to it so im not scraping it yet. Also do you need to do an acv rinse after you use a poo bar? Oyin doesn't say you do but i don't know if i have to or not. If so how do you do an acv rinse? Sorry for all the questions but i want to use them right to see if they really work and not have to throw products away.

I finished a bottle of Suave this morning. I rinsed my twists so some are still in intact and others arent. I spritzed it with CFC and my David Babaii Bohemian spray. I like the look, but who know. It could fluff up.

I might have a job soon, I'm crossing my fingers and toes.

Thanks ladies, i have another problem:look: i used the oyin poo bar and it made my hair fell funny like coated. I know from reviews it says you have to use it a few times to get used to it so im not scraping it yet. Also do you need to do an acv rinse after you use a poo bar? Oyin doesn't say you do but i don't know if i have to or not. If so how do you do an acv rinse? Sorry for all the questions but i want to use them right to see if they really work and not have to throw products away.

Chagrin Valley suggests you do an acv rinse after using their poo bars so I think it's a good idea with the oyin one too. When I made acv rinses I would do 2/3 water and 1/3 acv. If you think that is too much you could do 3/4 water to 1/4 acv. Pour it over your head/hair and follow up with a cold water rinse.

yaayyyyyy my ori organics came today. everything smells so nice. the creamy mango curler smells amazing. its milky like though. i thought it would b more like a butter cream. the curl styling butter is much thicker. im going to use them both to twist my hair tomorrow.
today after i co wash and detangle i will use the mango curler for a wash and go. its supposed to make your hair shine, be defined and something else i dont remember lol.

ms T, you are the best. for so many reasons but also because i got the beija flor butter today. its so creamy.

Chagrin Valley suggests you do an acv rinse after using their poo bars so I think it's a good idea with the oyin one too. When I made acv rinses I would do 2/3 water and 1/3 acv. If you think that is too much you could do 3/4 water to 1/4 acv. Pour it over your head/hair and follow up with a cold water rinse.

To the bolded is that like in teaspoons, im not good with fractions. But after you do that then put your conditioner on? And go from there?, Its too late for me to do it now but i can try it next week.

La, i dont think you HAVE to do a acv rinse but many shampoo bars make the hair waxy and coated. i hated kbb hair bar for that same reason. the only shampoo bar tht didnt give me a waxy feel was chagrin valley carrot and honey or something like that.

La, i dont think you HAVE to do a acv rinse but many shampoo bars make the hair waxy and coated. i hated kbb hair bar for that same reason. the only shampoo bar tht didnt give me a waxy feel was chagrin valley carrot and honey or something like that.

Thanks che i will try the acv next week because i don't want to give up on the bar. Im tired of buying stuff for it not to work. I hope the bsp works for me, it smells so good.

To the bolded is that like in teaspoons, im not good with fractions. But after you do that then put your conditioner on? And go from there?, Its too late for me to do it now but i can try it next week.

2/3 cup of water to 1/3 cup of acv or 3/4 cup of water to 1/4 cup of acv. This is your last step. Then you can do your leave in,moisturize,and seal.

Wonder what that is?

Okay, How do I just respond to 1 person? I figured out the multi post, but I could get Che's quote to come up? HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back