Use 1 buy 1 Challenge 2010 pt.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
yall make me want to place a curlmart order. i must restrain myself.

Me, too!! :nono: I have waaayyyyy too many conditioners right now!! I might have to do a no buy in September, right after my HV stockup. :look: I'll only be getting the Methi set, Moist 24/7, and Moist PRO. :yep:

Good Morning, early riser!

I hood dry, and flat iron my hair for length check and see if I can tolerate hair in my face:nono: I'll be washing it by Tuesday.

No one using up much any around here:blush:

IDareT, you are not going to need anything for BF:look:

I'll be MIA Thur-Sun going Vegas to Steve Harvey Hoodie, can't wait this is long over due vacation/trip. Online school started, I'm have to get to work and stop hangin in here buying stuff. :rolleyes:

@Shay: Did your Sakura arrive yet?:yep:
I didn't purchase any.

I'm up in here bs'ing. Headed to Atlantic City. I will be back on Wednesday. Decided not to take my laptop. Doesn't mean I won't get on though. We'll see.

Finished Curls Coconut Curlada. I have 1 back up. It is a keeper. Believe it or not I most likely will not purchase any Hairveda in September.I will wait til BF. Then I will restock on my Sitrinillah pail and my Moist PRO and Moist 24/7 gallons. I really need her to have Acai Berry in a gallon too.

I think I am doing a length check this weekend and letting my sister trim my hair. I may ask her to take of 3 or 4 inches to allow my nape to catch up.

hello everyone. i have been thinking about straightening too lol. but i wont. im too afraid of heat. but i did stretch my hair out and it is coming up on apl in the front.arm are too short to pull on the back lmao. i cant wait to see where my hair is this time next year.

today im just going to do a low puff on co washed hair. i think i will use AO gpb conditioner this time.

Hey Ladies :bighug:

I bought last week Nu Gro spray and grease I think I told you guys, I didn't get them yet.

I also picked up some hair accessories from Etsy.com
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=485300&page=29
Post 1123 & 1124 :)

I ordered a couple of Lacefronts human hair and the Mommy HH wig :D

Bad EXPERIENCE with my Mina, I was grilling last Saturday and Mina got damaged :( from excess heat.

HUH!

Also I have 2 more days before I break down my braids.

& back to school schopping is 99% finished :D

Watch out for that stuff. I used it last summer (poo, con, spray) and it thinned my hair out something awful. I couldn't put my finger on what the problem was and then I figured it was nu gro. Then I heard a couple of people on yt mention the same problem.

Hi ladies!

I used up my box of loreal hair fixer. It is a staple so it is a rebuy.

Morning ladies. :grin:

I am going to see of I can get this PS to last 3 week to a month. I am 1.5 weeks in and it is going well.

Hey Ladies,

I'm getting my fix in before starting another work week.:nono:

I am resisting the urge to order from curlmart. I honestly have enough to last for a bit. Plus I have SSI waiting for me at my grandparents house. i can't justify a purchase of anything. I have cowash (HV, SSI, Skala), DC moisture & protein (SSI, Komaza, WDT, Jasmine's and some protein add ins), Leave-ins like crazy (SSI, Komaza, Aloeba, Jasmine's, Mozeke, KBB, Sheamoisture, BRBC). Styling products may be my only product in lack (butters, Shea moisture, Curls, and the new SSI stuff), but I know I'm getting some stuff from Mozeke soon.

My hair will be in this style until Friday so I won't be using up much and if I start doing more PS I definitely won't be using up much, unless I retwist the whole head or something like that.

I may start cowashing in twists in the fall/winter vs doing a new set every week or so.

Hey ladies!
I need some advice. Can you tell me what i can purchase for my twist out? I need something with some hold?

Something I've noticed. If your hair holds a pattern well then you don't need to much product for hold.

My friend has to twist her hair every night to every other night because it doesn't hold a pattern very well even if she uses a butter or gel like product. Me I can twist let dry and it will last several days (if it's not too humid). This plays a big role in the type of product you need for hold IMHO.

I've been using the Shea Moisture Curl Smoothie, Curls step 4 something, Mozeke-Mango Kupuca Holding butter and the Babassou Twisting Cream. I also like Almond Glaze but beeswax and my hair are mortal enemies so I use that very sparingly. Shoot I may give it away.

Something I've noticed. If your hair holds a pattern well then you don't need to much product for hold.

My friend has to twist her hair every night to every other night because it doesn't hold a pattern very well even if she uses a butter or gel like product. Me I can twist let dry and it will last several days (if it's not too humid). This plays a big role in the type of product you need for hold IMHO.

I've been using the Shea Moisture Curl Smoothie, Curls step 4 something, Mozeke-Mango Kupuca Holding butter and the Babassou Twisting Cream. I also like Almond Glaze but beeswax and my hair are mortal enemies so I use that very sparingly. Shoot I may give it away.
This is me. I can only get one day out of a braid out. I have to bun the next day. I am re doing my braid outs every 3 days right now.

This is me. I can only get one day out of a braid out. I have to bun the next day. I am re doing my braid outs every 3 days right now.

Me three, can't hold a day. I had good flat iron this morning and as right now gone. My hair don't like wax either, I've been using Darcy's butter and it good for one day so I probably won't purchase anything with wax in it.

i agree with the bolded. my hair is already very defined but the minute i braid or twist it it gets stretched out very easily. i can get a good twist out or braid out but it never lasts more than a day because my hair gets flat super fast.

speaking of twist outs. today i woke up extra extra early and wanted to do something different to my hair so i washed and conditioned(used up my kbb mask and honey mask) and then put on some curl junkie coffee coco curl cream lite in the shower and then when i got out i made 8 big twists using curl junkie curls in a bottle. i wrapped my hair in a towel for 30 mintues and then let air dry for another hour but it seemed like my hair would not dry so i had to smooth it back into a puff. my hair is very defined and soft right now. it also has some shine to it. i just wish it would have dried the way i had it so it could have been a nice quick twist out.

curlmart has a new deep conditioner i am going to get. its by spiral solution. it has all type of great ingredients including amla, brahmi, cupuacu and a bunch of oils.

i think i love the curls in a bottle. it is much better than kccc. it gives shine, hold and definition. i just have to put aside enough time so that it can dry. and to think i had planned on selling this.

i think i love the curls in a bottle. it is much better than kccc. it gives shine, hold and definition. i just have to put aside enough time so that it can dry. and to think i had planned on selling this.
I was eyeing that curls in a bottle for braid outs Che.

Hey Ladies....:wave:

Just finished up my Itty Bitty Hurr.:look: I used up:

1 3.3 Bottle of Nexxus Emergencee
1 16oz Jar of SSI Fortifying Masque.

I had a "Haul" arrive today. I got:

SSI 16 oz Bottle Orange & Olive Conditioner,
2 Okra Reconstructors
1 16oz Fortifying Masque.

I received my Ends #1 from Claudie and My Komaza products.:love:

I am a Happy Camper!:beach:

I was eyeing that curls in a bottle for braid outs Che.
i really like it. the first time i used it i didnt see what was so good about it. its more of a serum than it is a gel. but it does have hold. i think if my twists would have dried it would have been a really nice set. im going to try it again on sunday since i usually have a lot of time on my hands that day.

T, sounds like you got a really yummy haul:lick:

tomorrow im going to do a protein treatment on dry hair using my packet of palmers coconut protein conditioner. i only have one packet so i will use that up. after i use up a jar of something i will get a few more packs.

so...I didnt really finish anything, but I did give away two items today. I gave away the last of my YTC conditioner and my njoi creations ayurvedic butter with sulfur added. I gave away the YTC b/c the last little bit wouldnt really cover my hair and I wanted to get the NCAB out of my stash so I could move on to the Bee Mine serum. I used the serum today and I like it.

i was thinking about having a sale or giving stuff away but then i saw splinta24 on youtube and she keeps everything and then revisits them. and i thought i could do the same. i figure the longer my hair gets the more tolerable it will become of certain products???

Che, I've been checking out the curls at target too and it's looks good to me, definately cheaper than curlmart. No wax or shea butter works for me. Oh I did give away some of my just brought Trader joe(good friend), skala(yes still have some), tresemme, suave.

I have a coupon for $1 or $2 off something from the Curls Target line. I think it expires in Dec 2010. What would be good to try out?

I have a coupon for $1 or $2 off something from the Curls Target line. I think it expires in Dec 2010. What would be good to try out?
I think I am going to try this line too. I have to look at the products next time I am in there, which is like every weekend:look:

I think I am going to try this line too. I have to look at the products next time I am in there, which is like every weekend:look:

I have to refrain from going to Target.:lachen: I get up in that movie/music section and lose my mind. :wallbash:

The one with the Curls is by my mom's house which is like 15minutes from my house. Funny thing is that it is on the edge of all the neighborhoods-black, white, latino, asian. The "new" black section is usually only partially ran thru:look:. Mostly cuz no one really knows about the products, trying to spending that kind of $ on the products (Ms. Jessie's) and there are 2 BSS across the street from it.

I have to refrain from going to Target.:lachen: I get up in that movie/music section and lose my mind. :wallbash:

The one with the Curls is by my mom's house which is like 15minutes from my house. Funny thing is that it is on the edge of all the neighborhoods-black, white, latino, asian. The "new" black section is usually only partially ran thru:look:. Mostly cuz no one really knows about the products, trying to spending that kind of $ on the products (Ms. Jessie's) and there are 2 BSS across the street from it.
I lose my mind each and every time I go to target. The one in my neighborhood gets A LOT of action in the new black section. :yep:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back