Use 1 buy 1 Challenge 2010 pt.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm debating if I'm going to wear my hair out tonight.

I got mad compliments on my hair last night and I had on my hat. It ended up having a 1950s feel to how I did the front and the way the hat sat on my head.

I need to get to cleaning or something and stop looking at stuff I'm not going to buy even tho its on sale.

Hey Ya'll.........I got an answer from MHC!:love5:

WOW!:eek: That was Q-U-I-C-K! :roadrunner:

She said: she uses a "Natural Preservative of Grapeseed Oil and Vitamins A or E" and the Shelf Life has an average of 8-12 months if they are kept out of High Humidity Areas.:yep:

I may move them from my Master Bath to the Kitchen. LAWD knows Ain't nothing going on in there.:lachen:

So, I can relax a bit, but will still put one or two of them into rotation.:lovedrool:

To the bolded that won't do,:look: Remember last year when rosalind explained preservatives to us. I will pass.

She said: she uses a "Natural Preservative of Grapeseed Oil and Vitamins A or E" and the Shelf Life has an average of 8-12 months if they are kept out of High Humidity Areas.:yep:

I may move them from my Master Bath to the Kitchen. LAWD knows Ain't nothing going on in there.:lachen:

So, I can relax a bit, but will still put one or two of them into rotation.:lovedrool:

She right, had to google that here is link to making cosmetics.
http://www.makingcosmetics.com/articles/01-how-to-use-preservatives-in-cosmetics.pdf

Hey ladies.

I am supposed to wash today and do another braid out. I will use a poo bar I think. Or mabye elucence. Then I will braid with KBB and HV gelly.

La, I like the sheamoisture DC masque and the coconut and hibiscus milk is nice too. I gave a bottle to my sister when I got my KBB and she likes it a lot.

About how oils and eo's won't extend the shelf life, they have to be actual preservatives, i hope she comes back and posts it again because i can't remember the whole thing.

Hi

Here is the link I posted before http://home.earthlink.net/~skinesscentuals/Preserve.htm

MHC products contain ingredients such as coconut milk etc, they will definitely need a proper preservative

I looked at her site the other day and as I saw no preservatives listed, I thought she was just listing the key ingredients online but that the actual products would list the preservatives used on the labels. I am shocked that she states she only uses vitamins E, A, grapeseed oil etc

Last edited:

Maybe you should keep them in the fridge and just use them up as quick as you can. Let us know if you find out if anyone has had any problems with the products shelf life

Maybe you should keep them in the fridge and just use them up as quick as you can. Let us know if you find out if anyone has had any problems with the products shelf life

I will.:yep: There's certainly no food in there:lachen: :blush:

I keep my HV Sitrinillah in there anyway.:look:

I will begin using them next wash day.:yep:

Thanks Rosalindb, LaColocha & Ltown. You ALL were very helpful.:hug3:

GOOD POSTS!:up:

Waiting for Brownie to post. She's used these frequently.:yep:

Hello ladies.

I didnt use conditioner last night, I just prepood with the EVCO, put it in braids and went to sleep. I'm lazy.:look: I took the braids out this morning and I loved it. Everyone else hates it. I just dont get the hate for natural hair when the people hating have 2 inches of hair on their heads. Its a good thing I plan on moving out soon, cuz its insane:nono:. The EVCO made my hair soooo soft. I havent used it in this way before (just leaving it in) and I love it, my hair looks shiny and feels like silk.

I think I am approaching APL stretched, I think I will definitely reach it by the end of the year. I lost my satin caps and scarves so I have to find those soon.

I will do my hair tonight. I found some of my Oyin poo bar that I cut into little cubes so I plan on using that.I will finish the Suave conditioner tonight and I have decided that I will do mini twists and bantu knot them.

hey ladies.

I went to the salon today to celebrate me being six months post...as of tomorrow!!! The salon I went to had a groupon deal where a wash, condition, blow dry flat iron for $37. Little did I know...she was trying to take all my monies! As SOON as I sat in her chair, she told me I needed a cut and good DC, which would be $114. $114? Whaaaat? I told her I would just take a DC and forget the cut. She didnt badger me about transitioning, but suggested that I just cut all my hair off today. Yeaahhh....ok. It seems like she was just trying to make some money because anyone and everyone who sat in her chair needed a cut.

The shampoo girl was soooooooooooooooooooooooo good. She gave me a lot of scalp massages and my scalp felt/feels GREAT! She said she also is natural and just cut all her hair off. Not me lol...Im not cutting my hair off anytime soon!

Because of the way the salon tried to make $$$$$ on top of the deal, I really wont go back. I felt that they only offered the deal to get people in their chair and try to add on services so that they will get their money anyway. Not me...though...LHCF taught me better.

She used a KeraCare DC on my hair. I liked it but, the DC's I have in my house are better (to me).

I havent finished any products :(

:blush:Okay: I err'ed on the side of Caution and put all my MHC in the Refrigerator w/the exception of the Organic Shea Butter Hair Cream.

I will start using this until my HV Whipped Ends or Claudie's Ends #1 Arrives (re-ups arrive).:grin:

You know where i am right:lachen:, there is only 1 target here the next one is about 1 hour or more away I don't want to try it that bad:lachen:. But thank you the deep treatment sounds good and so does the mist, is the restorative conditioner for moisture or protein?

I figured that might be a problem out your way :giggle:.You could order online. I know you are trying to get away from that. The restorative conditioner is for moisture. Here are the ingredients:
shea butter,argan oil, coconut oil, behentrimonium chloride,essential oil blend, vegetable glycerin,emulsifying wax, sea kelp extract, panthenol, avocado oil, honeysuckle flower,japanese honeysuckle flower extract, vitamin e, and carrot seed oil.

I finished a bottle of Acai Berry yesterday. I have one back up.

I figured that might be a problem out your way :giggle:.You could order online. I know you are trying to get away from that. The restorative conditioner is for moisture. Here are the ingredients:
shea butter,argan oil, coconut oil, behentrimonium chloride,essential oil blend, vegetable glycerin,emulsifying wax, sea kelp extract, panthenol, avocado oil, honeysuckle flower,japanese honeysuckle flower extract, vitamin e, and carrot seed oil.

I finished a bottle of Acai Berry yesterday. I have one back up.

I want to try that line so bad... They only Target that sell the products my way is in Harvey, La or Mobile, Al. None of the Target in Mississippi sell them in the Gulf Area

Mornin ladies, finally washed my hair this morning. I used up cj smoothing conditioner and elucence clarifying shampoo. I decided against the baking soda. After much debating i ordered from curl mart i got

cj smoothing conditioner (re up)
elucence clarifying poo (re up)
oyin burnt sugar pomade (new)
oyin grand poo bar(new)
jessicurl wdt (new)

I have used jessicurl before, but getting the rehab and the smoothing conditioner was too much. I picked the one that i liked better and decided to go with something cheaper. Will be moisturizing with deja's and lucious to get it used up.

I took out the twists last night except for the ones in the bangs & it came out nice. It had really nice shine. It was also very soft. This is also a keeper combo of products Aloeba leav-in, Sweet Almond Pudding & Babassou twisting cream. Definitely getting a full size of the twisting cream

I even had a guy from this other church try to flirt with me on the slick. We went to this roof top bar/restaurant that had these fire pits u could sit around. I wish they offered S'mores on the menu cuz that would have hit the spot.

Time to get ready for church. Have a good. Sunday Ladies.

hi ladies. im still having issues with my computer. it just froze on me so i had to safe mode and restore again. urgggg.
anyway i was reminded of oyins poo bar so im going to look for that because i should have one left and i will use that today.

:blush:Okay: I err'ed on the side of Caution and put all my MHC in the Refrigerator w/the exception of the Organic Shea Butter Hair Cream.

I will start using this until my HV Whipped Ends or Claudie's Ends #1 Arrives (re-ups arrive).:grin:

This is actually the Honey Hair Cream:lick: (not shea butter) I rubbed a bit on today. Will save it though for fall. I think it will be okay.

I have some other stuff to use. So, I will use KBB in Mango.

Didn't have a wash day over the weekend. Will do my hair on Tuesday.

And try to some how work my way back to the weekend.:yep:

Haven't decided what I'll be using on Tuesday.:ohwell:

Not sure if I'll use up anything? Maybe the SSI Fortifying Masque? Or Tigi Dumb Blonde Reconstructor?:perplexed

I'm ready to use up some stuff.:rolleyes:

Hey ladies, doing hair today poo with Jasmine omega hemp, DC with Dary's pumpkin(don't like the smell but it good) and hibiscus. I'll use gvp anti-snap and some other leave in. I went by Aveda yesterday and they have samples of dry remdy and curling whip or something (che uses). Mkd if there is one near you go ask so you don't waste money on product you might not like.

i have my honey mask on now. i didnt finish it like i thought i would but i did mix the rest into the little bit of kbb hair mask i have left. i will use that after i shampoo with afroveda shampoo bar. i must have used up my oyin bar because i cant find it. but i used to love afroveda bar so i hope i still like it.

i cant find my suave tropical coconut conditioner. we were cleaning up and i guess it was thrown away so i will be using darcys pumpkin conditioner in its place. i also have a bottle or two of AO blue cammomile hydrating conditioner i think its called.

Hey Ladies......:hiya2:

Nothing much going on w/me.:perplexed I just spritzed my Hair w/some Darcy's Botanical Herbal Hair Spritz.

This will not be a repurchase.:nono:

I sent half the bottle to Mrs. Fabulous.:hug3: Hope she liked it.:yep:

After it's done, I will start on Njoi Tea Spritz.:love2:

T, you make me miss spritzing my hair with ojon mist. lately i have just been using water but i think after i finish a few more things i will re up on the ojon.

T, you make me miss spritzing my hair with ojon mist. lately i have just been using water but i think after i finish a few more things i will re up on the ojon.

I'm really getting into these Spritz/Refreshers.:lick:

I will try the HV Hydrasilica next time I do a HV Haul.:grin:

Hey ladies!
I need some advice. Can you tell me what i can purchase for my twist out? I need something with some hold?

Last edited:
Hey ladies!
I need some advice. Can you tell me what i can purchase for my twist out? I need something with some hold?
so far my best twist outs have been with hairveda whipped gelly. but afroveda pur whipped gelly has more hold. i also like afroveda hemp seed butter for hold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back