Use 1 buy 1 Challenge 2010 pt.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ltown--I slather that stuff on even though I barely have any hair :giggle: so I know how it is.

OT--Someone "texted out" today. Seriously....she was being passive aggressive because she knows I was up when she texted. Whatever I am going over this afternoon to help them close that joint down and be done with it.

The technicians at my job do that all the time.:nono: They are supposed to follow up with a call to the manager but that doesn't usually happen.:nono: They only have one manager so when she isn't in that's the only way (text) they can let her know. They will call the office or text someone and let the other techs know out of courtesy.

So i called the post office this morning and my package was there. I told them i was on my way dont worry about trying to delivery. I cant believe that sent my mail to the wrong place.

Vonnie, I need to get on youtube and up my styling game. I am so uncreative at styling my hair.

Just moseying on by. I havent used anything up yet. Protective styles are a beast.

My baby sister cut her right hand pretty bad (in 3 places and a bunch of blood loss) so it looks like I will be doing her hair and helping her with her school stuff. I guess this gives me an excuse to try out styles on her head.

Is the honey hair mask for moisture? I really want to try one of her dc's but there are no preservatives.
yea its moisture. and it is so darn :lick:. it is runny though but i dont mind because i use it on dry hair and leave it on for no less than an hour. when i rinse it out my curls are so shiny and popping all over the place. and my hair atys moisturized just from that for days. i think the first time i used it was when i just did a shake and go with no product and my hair stayed moisturized. and its only $10.

mkd, i did a twist out last night with oyin burnt sugar pomade. and i liked the out come. only problem i had is that it really keeps the hair in place so i couldnt move my hair around as easily as i wanted once i realized i didnt like where it was parted. so i ended up rinsing it out. but if you know exactly where you need to part your hair and you want it to stay i would use the burnt sugar. when my shine and define comes i will used that with the pomade to see how that does.

oh and honeyfig said my package was lost in new jersey. they said they are going to look into it and if they cant find it(of course they wont, its been lost for ovver a week) they will send me a new one. i will stay on it because this is getting crazy.

sorry to here that natura. i hope she feels better.

i only co wash 2x this week. thats so odd for me. but the rest of this week i will co wash with the last of my suave coconut. then sunday night i will do a twist out using either hairveda gelly or bee mine curly butter.

I got my Jasmine today.

Yeah....So did I! It was heavy too.:grin:

I need to open that box.:grin:

I'm excited!!!!!:lachen:

I really need to start using some of this stuff up. Especially MHC, since you all are saying there are no preservatives.:blush:

I only have a few of those tho'. Imma put those into rotation.:yep:

i thought i was the only one that noticed mhc didnt have any preservatives. i thought maybe she was being sneaky not listing them.

i thought i was the only one that noticed mhc didnt have any preservatives. i thought maybe she was being sneaky not listing them.

Interesting.:perplexed

Imma ask Brownie if she's ever had any of her prods go bad:perplexed

I have:

Honey Hair Masque
Horsetail Reconstructor
Molasses DC'er
Organic Shea Hair Paste
Coconut Papaya Hair Paste
So Deep

I betta' get on it!:blush: I won't buy anymore for awhile. I wanted to try that Sophia's Thick something or other.

When I finish up this SSI Fortifying Masque I will rotate MHC & Jasmines.

yea T i would start using them as soon as possible. i love all the ones ive tried so far so i wont have an issue with using them at all:lachen:

this weekend i think i will pre poo with the last of the mhc honey mask(i have one on the way) then shampoo with aphogee(i havent shampood in a 2 weeks i think) then i will condition again with the last of my kbb hair mask.
then i will twist with kbb hair milk and either bee mine or whipped gelly. if i make my twists nice and neat i may leave them in for two days before i take them down for the twist out.

I'm on my last little corner of Claudie's Ends #1.:lick: :blush:

My replacement order has shipped.

I am still waiting on my HV to ship as well.:perplexed

I got my shipping notice for Shescentit and a notice to pick something up at the post office. I bet it is Jasmine's because my mom got her stuff today too.

Yeah....So did I! It was heavy too.:grin:

I need to open that box.:grin:

I'm excited!!!!!:lachen:

I really need to start using some of this stuff up. Especially MHC, since you all are saying there are no preservatives.:blush:

I only have a few of those tho'. Imma put those into rotation.:yep:

What:blush: are you sure maybe it another type preservative? I don't want to rush using a product that not cool. So it's made fresh per order, did it say it didn't have preservative?

Tonight I will Prepoo my hair to wash it out in the morning. I will use my CO (what is left of it after the spill) andthe rest of my Suave Waterfall something or other conditioner. Tomorrow I will try bantu knots or box braids again. I could do bantu knots on transitioning hair but I can't do them on my natural hair.:ohwell:

yayyyyy my curlmart order shipped already. now thats what im talking about.

L, in my honey mask the ingredients off the top of my head are just honey, shea butter, coconut butter or oil, and some other oils. in the so deep the ingredients are oils, butters and water listed twice with no preservatives.

Hey ladies, yeah if you look at all the mhc products none of them have preservatives. I was going to order cj dc and bee mine but i don't even want them. I read reviews on the bee lovely moisturizer and some people said its just oil with bits of shea butter in a bottle. I was thinking it was more of a lotion, like hydratherma naturals. Che i wanted to try the burnt sugar pomade too but i don't now, we'll see. I will be doing my hair tommorrow because im lazy today. I will use baking soda, condition with the last of my cj conditioner, braid with he leave in and seal with oil.

Vonnie, I need to get on youtube and up my styling game. I am so uncreative at styling my hair.

Me too:grin: why go natural and keep it in a bun. I have a friend that bugging me to do a dominician blowout but I won't do that. I workout alot and sweat head first. Although it been 100 degrees most of the summer it time to pratice. I'm try bantu knot, and Janelle Monae, and cinna buns. My WnG looks dried up after it drys so I have to work on that.

Good Morning Ladies..........:hiya2:

Just rubbed on a little Mixed Greeens.:lick:

Not planning to do my hair this weekend. It's still fine from Tuesday.:yep:

So, I'll hold off this weekend (unelss I am totally bored or something:perplexed).

Real, real close to using up my Claudie Ends....:look:may put KBB Hair Milk back into rotation for my daily moisturizer.

Have been using the Ends stuff as an all over moisturizer.:giggle:

I have another Claudie on the way as well as HV Ends Hydration.:love2:

Good morning ladies, i may run to target today and see if they have any of the new sheamoisture products. I think a few of you have used them, if you have what do you like? I doubt they might have them but ill go look anyway. I want to order some products that i know i like but i can't bring myself to spend the money.

Good morning ladies, i may run to target today and see if they have any of the new sheamoisture products. I think a few of you have used them, if you have what do you like? I doubt they might have them but ill go look anyway. I want to order some products that i know i like but i can't bring myself to spend the money.

I like:
Organic Raw Shea Butter Deep Treatment Masque
Organic Raw Shea Butter Restorative Conditioner
Organic Coconut & Hibiscus Hold & Shine Moisture Mist

You gotta go where the black folks would shop :lachen:. I have to go a little bit out of my way. The end cap always looks like it has been ran through too.

I Just e-mailed MHC to get the "Average Shelf Life" of those products.:user:

I did go through and read them :bookworm:and there are no preserves listed.:perplexed

I still want that Sophia's Thick DC'er, but will hold off until I use some of the ones I have up. :hide:

These will definitely go into rotation soon after I use up my SSI. I only have 8 ounces Jars of the stuff I have, so it will go pretty quickly once they're in rotation.

*Awaiting an answer from her & Brownie:look:*

You gotta go where the black folks would shop :lachen:. I have to go a little bit out of my way. The end cap always looks like it has been ran through too.

I went to Target (for something else) and passed the End Cap by the "Ethnic":look:Beauty Products and it was To' Up and in TOTAL Disarray!:lachen:

I did see that jar of Ms. Jessies for $48.00:blush: still there, BUT there was only like 1 left.

I didn't delve into going down the Aisle, because I didn't want to be 'tempted' so I KIM.:yep: (for Once):lachen:

I like:
Organic Raw Shea Butter Deep Treatment Masque
Organic Raw Shea Butter Restorative Conditioner
Organic Coconut & Hibiscus Hold & Shine Moisture Mist

You know where i am right:lachen:, there is only 1 target here the next one is about 1 hour or more away I don't want to try it that bad:lachen:. But thank you the deep treatment sounds good and so does the mist, is the restorative conditioner for moisture or protein?

Hey Ya'll.........I got an answer from MHC!:love5:

WOW!:eek: That was Q-U-I-C-K! :roadrunner:

She said: she uses a "Natural Preservative of Grapeseed Oil and Vitamins A or E" and the Shelf Life has an average of 8-12 months if they are kept out of High Humidity Areas.:yep:

I may move them from my Master Bath to the Kitchen. LAWD knows Ain't nothing going on in there.:lachen:

So, I can relax a bit, but will still put one or two of them into rotation.:lovedrool:

Last edited:

I used the whole line (except the mist and the serum)and liked it. I really like the DC, the leave-in and the curl enhancing smoothie. The stuff I gave to a friend (I had too much stuff) like it too. I also have the shampoos which I like too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back