Use 1 buy 1 Challenge 2010 pt.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Ladies.

I'm about to get off work soon and then take my cousins to a local amusement park. This was a rough work week for me after being off for 2 weeks. I've been lurking and catching up. I will respond to some posts (MKD and a few others) tonight or tomorrow.

I'm fuming mad because I missed the SSI sale. I was on the site from 12am Thurs until 9am. When I went home I was so tired I forgot about it. When I remembered at work it was after 12am. I really wanted to re-up on the Avocado and to try some of the new products.

I'm really going to have to be on my game BF cuz I will be out of product way before then and I usually only order during a sale. SSI sales have been few and far between this year. Guess she is trying to revamp everything and can't afford to have a sale.

I agree about these three.:yep:

I've also had the Island Naturals and the Aloe & Jojoba Conditioners as well.
I tried the Island Naturals and it was just okay for me, really did not like the smell though :nono:. What did you think of the Aloe & Jojoba?
i love aubrey organics. i love love love the gpb conditioner and the blue green algae mask.
i have the moisturizing hair gel and i cant remember what i thought about it. i may have to try it again this weekend.
Of course how could I forget the blue green algae mask, absolutely love this and use this twice a year as a strong protein treatment - this stopped my breakage dead in its tracks.

I ordered from SSI:

Okra Hair Repair Reconstructor
Avocado Conditioner
Eucalyptus Mint Shampoo
Exotic Amazon Herbal Pomade
Mango Butter Cream

Hey Ladies.

I'm about to get off work soon and then take my cousins to a local amusement park. This was a rough work week for me after being off for 2 weeks. I've been lurking and catching up. I will respond to some posts (MKD and a few others) tonight or tomorrow.

I'm fuming mad because I missed the SSI sale. I was on the site from 12am Thurs until 9am. When I went home I was so tired I forgot about it. When I remembered at work it was after 12am. I really wanted to re-up on the Avocado and to try some of the new products.

I'm really going to have to be on my game BF cuz I will be out of product way before then and I usually only order during a sale. SSI sales have been few and far between this year. Guess she is trying to revamp everything and can't afford to have a sale.

She suppose to have a sale today as well. Just in case you missed the sale yesterday.

Thanks Che!! I will totally try that when I wash and rebraid on sunday. I just use small rollers now but I have like a hundred flexi rods. I am LOVING braid outs. I am just so excited that I have found a style that I actually think looks really nice and I am getting a lot better and cornrowing too. How does the aveda whip work for you?

mkd, i forgot to suggest to you that after you twist or braid you hair you take a flexi rod and roll all the way to the top. that way the style will be fuller and should last longer because its almost like its been set twice.

im going to try that this weekend using kbb hair milk and aveda whip.

Morning Ladies...........TGIF!:grin:

I placed my SSI order last night, but it looked like it didn't take off the discount(s). I e-mailed her & she responded last night and said she'd fix it this a.m. So hopefully, that gets straightened out.:perplexed

Did anyone else notice High(er) Shipping Costs? Fab pointed that out to me.:look:

So, the total I got may have been correct.:ohwell: I'm not sure, but will see what she comes back with.:nono:

In other matters: Just applied some Njoi Herbal Hairdressing and tucked away ends. Can't wait to come home and have a relaxing hair evening.:grin:

I didn't order last night, I decided that I really didn't need anything. How much was your shipping T?

Mornin ladies, i bought some cheap products this morning to try for wash day today. I got herbal essence none of your frizzness, shampoo, condish and leave in for $2 bucks a piece so if the stuff doesn't work i won't be out of alot. Im going to wash and condition with that and braid with the leave in and seal with shea oil. I will be sticking with the loreal naturals dc from sally's, my hair did good this week, i only moisturized once. I still have my beemine left, im just trying to see if i can find cheaper products that work just as good.

I dont like how crunchy my hair feels in this twistout, almost like its locing up .I was just trying random stuff, so thats probably why it feels so weird. Maybe I will wash it tonight.

I brought some Ouidad sample to try, I'm determine to get a good WnG. WnG seems to hold more.

IDareT, do Darcy have sales? Che do you get the Aveda from the store or online? I know there is Aveda store in Pentagon mall, maybe I'll go there tomorrow.

I brought some Ouidad sample to try, I'm determine to get a good WnG. WnG seems to hold more.

IDareT, do Darcy have sales? Che do you get the Aveda from the store or online? I know there is Aveda store in Pentagon mall, maybe I'll go there tomorrow.

Good question.:lick:

Is there a code for SSI? Nothing the site talks about a sale. I didn't even get an email about like I usually do. I love SSI esp for my winter regi.

Good question.:lick:

I don't think so. I been lurking that site since Jan if not Dec & I've never seen a sale. I even signed up for the e-newsletter & never got a secret message bout a sale.

I like to try stuff when there is a sale. Some sample sizes are never enough to truly get a feel for a product

Ladies who do braid and twist outs, what products do you use for hold? I have been using kkcc over kbb hair milk but I don't know that I am like using a gel for that purpose.

I haven't tried a braid out since my hair has grown. For my twists out I use a leave-in, moisturizer then a butter or curling/twisting product. The butters or curl/twist products give a nice soft hold. The longer I leave the twists in the better the pattern sets & lasts without much retwisting. My wavy front always needs retwisting no matter what I use. Next time I'll try a lil KCCC and see how it does.

I don't think so. I been lurking that site since Jan if not Dec & I've never seen a sale. I even signed up for the e-newsletter & never got a secret message bout a sale.

I like to try stuff when there is a sale. Some sample sizes are never enough to truly get a feel for a product

She sent a email. It is summer10.

i get my aveda from the store. whenever a beautiful member on here isnt sending me some.
i go to the one in pentagon city and the one in tysons corner.

mkd last night i used miss jessies curly meringue and i love the way it turned out. its sof and bouncy. but i did mine on dry hair that was in a wash and go. i just lightly misted my hair with water and then used a tiny bit of curly meringue.

Thanks Che!! I will totally try that when I wash and rebraid on sunday. I just use small rollers now but I have like a hundred flexi rods. I am LOVING braid outs. I am just so excited that I have found a style that I actually think looks really nice and I am getting a lot better and cornrowing too. How does the aveda whip work for you?

i havent really used it yet. i used it once on one twist and i liked that it had a lot of slip for a styling product. i also love the smell. i think it has a soft hold so im happy about that. i will give you a full review on sunday.

I haven't tried a braid out since my hair has grown. For my twists out I use a leave-in, moisturizer then a butter or curling/twisting product. The butters or curl/twist products give a nice soft hold. The longer I leave the twists in the better the pattern sets & lasts without much retwisting. My wavy front always needs retwisting no matter what I use. Next time I'll try a lil KCCC and see how it does.
I think I am going to start sitting under the dryer and making sure my hair is totally dry. Its usually still pretty wet in the morning. My hair doesn't look good in twists so I wouldn't want to wear mine outside my house :nono:
mkd last night i used miss jessies curly meringue and i love the way it turned out. its sof and bouncy. but i did mine on dry hair that was in a wash and go. i just lightly misted my hair with water and then used a tiny bit of curly meringue.
Che, I never thought about twisting or dry hair. Did you twist or braid? maybe I should twist my hair tonight to maintain it.

[/B] i havent really used it yet. i used it once on one twist and i liked that it had a lot of slip for a styling product. i also love the smell. i think it has a soft hold so im happy about that. i will give you a full review on sunday.
I was really thinking about buying it today but I am trying to really work on not spending. My husband started his own practice recently and so we are really conserving right now. I may get it for myself for my birthday.

:ohwell: I would like to try her stuff sometime this year and I know good and darn well a 1 oz sample size wont do a thing.Who would that work for? I have a big head and a ton of thick hair.

I think I am going to start sitting under the dryer and making sure my hair is totally dry. Its usually still pretty wet in the morning. My hair doesn't look good in twists so I wouldn't want to wear mine outside my house :nono:

Che, I never thought about twisting or dry hair. Did you twist or braid? maybe I should twist my hair tonight to maintain it.
i braided. i think im better at braid outs than i am with twist outs.

IIDareT, do Darcy have sales?

I've never caught it on-sale. Wait a minute....I take that back.....I think there was like a 10% discount over the 4th of July (wasn't it Shay:look:). I do think I remember that.

But, everything's only like in the $12.00 range w/the exception of that DC (which I want....it's $20.00:perplexed.

I mix it up between their site & Curlmart (because Curlmart ALWAYS has a Sale):grin:

btw: My MHC Horsetail Reconstructor came today! YAY! I have just clarified, co-washed, & now have on emergencee.

mkd;11768718[B said:
]I think I am going to start sitting under the dryer and making sure my hair is totally dry[/B]. Its usually still pretty wet in the morning. My hair doesn't look good in twists so I wouldn't want to wear mine outside my house :nono:

Yeah if my hair is even damp it doesn't come out well at all. I try to do mine on damp hair so it will dry faster. There are even times I think the moisturizers slow down the drying of my hair.

I would also make sure your hair is very moisturized before you heat dry because I've have hard/crunchy/dry hair using a bonnet or hair dryer if my hair isn't adequately moisturized.

Let's us know how it goes:grin:

I've never caught it on-sale. Wait a minute....I take that back.....I think there was like a 10% discount over the 4th of July (wasn't it Shay:look:). I do think I remember that.

But, everything's only like in the $12.00 range w/the exception of that DC (which I want....it's $20.00:perplexed.

I mix it up between their site & Curlmart (because Curlmart ALWAYS has a Sale):grin:

btw: My MHC Horsetail Reconstructor came today! YAY! I have just clarified, co-washed, & now have on emergencee.

Alright maybe or not with Darcy's, I'll order from Curlmart. I do like her thanks to you!

i ordered my darcy conditioning mask from honey fig and i still dont have it yet. if im not mistaken it shipped on last friday.

Alright maybe or not with Darcy's, I'll order from Curlmart. I do like her thanks to you!

Yeah.....I like Darcy's site. They DO have more offerings than Curlmart, but Curlmart will give up a 15% a time or 2.:lachen::lachen: and Darcy's ehhh...not so much:rolleyes:

Glad you like it Ltown.:grin: I like it too.

I am loving that Cherry Kernel Hair Oil. It's delish!:lick: And it works well. She sent me a 'sample' and I bought a bottle:look: I also like the Eucalyptus & Mint Hair Butter. (It reminds me of mixed greens):blush:

Last time I ordered, she sent me a sample of the Peach Kernel Hair Oil.

*now...that's something curlmart doesn't do*:sad:

I used up a SitriNillah and a KBB shampoo. I am gonna wash my hair again in the morning. Get ready for my 4 days of 12 hour nights. I think I'll DC with CJ Rehab or WDT.

Well, I finished up a bottle of Avalon Organics Lemon, Shea & Babbasu Oil, Clarifying Shampoo AND..........a tube of *Alfaparf Real Cream ph balance 4.5* finished this off tonight instead of using PC.

I have a back up of the Alfaparf and a corner left of the Avalon Lemon Clarifying Conditioner. I still have a clarifyer by Elucence, AG, Alba and a little left of AO Green Tea, so I'm good on Clarifying Shampoo for a long, long, long time.:nono:

Will rinse this out and go under dryer. Will use Njoi Creations Herbal Leave-In w/Hennasooq Argan Oil. Will dry partially and do scarf method to dry the rest and slick it down w/o using Heat!:blush:

May use up the Njoi. I really liked this leave-in, but I only had like a 4 oz bottle. That's all she had it in.:perplexed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back