Use 1 buy 1 Challenge 2010 pt.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^I can't wait to get that MHC Olive conditioner!!! I found a 15% off Naturally Curly, too. :yep:

ETA: Am I the only one who thinks its a little weird the Naturally Curly carries that SofnFree Gro healthy stuff? :look:

Last edited:
Good Evening ladies!

Today co-wash with Tresamme, this time it was good maybe because my hair was shampooed the day before. I'm trying curly method and use up kinky curly knot today, that a small bottle for the amount you are suppose to use even with kccc. I won't repurchase. I'm trying to get a hold of my spending and get a regimen. Ms. IDareT have been spoiling me with Darcy and so far it working. It has no shea and just aloe vera so far this is what I'm finally figuring with my hair. So early tomorrow 3:30AM I'll be up to see if my curly primer method works.

oh last night i rinsed out the MHC olive conditioner and my hair was just as soft as it was with the honey hair mask. im glad im finding deep conditioner s to replace kbb. now i feel like i have choices.

That's good Che!:grin: Of course you have options!:yep:

^^I can't wait to get that MHC Olive conditioner!!! I found a 15% off Naturally Curly, too. :yep:

ETA: Am I the only one who thinks its a little weird the Naturally Curly carries that SofnFree Gro healthy stuff? :look:

I want that Horsetail Reconstructor from MHC.:yep: And yeah....about the SofnFree.:lachen:

Good Evening ladies!

Today co-wash with Tresamme, this time it was good maybe because my hair was shampooed the day before. I'm trying curly method and use up kinky curly knot today, that a small bottle for the amount you are suppose to use even with kccc. I won't repurchase. I'm trying to get a hold of my spending and get a regimen. Ms. IDareT have been spoiling me with Darcy and so far it working. It has no shea and just aloe vera so far this is what I'm finally figuring with my hair. So early tomorrow 3:30AM I'll be up to see if my curly primer method works.

I hope it works for you Ltown!:yep: And glad you are figuring things out w/your hair.

That's such a great feeling when you realize "stuff":grin: and then make adjustments.

I think it is really weird, but then again I live in an urban area so I can get it easily. Some people however may live in the boonies and it may be next to impossible for them to find it.

i thought it was weird too when i first saw they started selling it. it just doesnt seem to fit with the other products lol. but the stuff smells :lick:.

didnt the MHC olive deep conditioner used to be almost $30? maybe people werent buying it and she changed the price.

I think I have narrowed it down a bit. Although I want to try anything and everything I think I will buy Oyin, Qhemet, Hairveda and KBB around Black Friday. Do these companies have Black Friday sales? I am looking at their sites now seeing what I would want to try, but lord knows they might have new stuff out by the end of November. I know I don't like Oyin WP but the S&D is something I've had my eye on for a while:lick:. I have tried the Qhemet sample pack and everything worked, I have only tried the Vatika Frosting from Hairveda and I don't have a clue about KBB, but I have heard good things about them for the most part. Now I just have to research the products.

I plan on keeping my hair in some sort of protective style for the rest of the year for the most part. Are twist outs and braid outs considered protective? I'm not really sure. I hope by years end that I can braid and have it look good enough to go outside with them and not look like a plum fool.

^^ They do have BF sales and it gets ugly! LOL Setting alarms to be up at midnight when the sales start! Gotta get in early so you be at the top of the shipping queue.

Hearing ya'll talking about Black Friday has been sounding so weird to me but I guess it will be here before we know it. I can't believe its almost the middle of August already.

That's what I'm gonna try and do with the Moisturizing conditioner. Its pepperminty, also. I love it, though. :yep:

I'm at work so I don't get to do my hair. I wish. I will be doing it as soon as I get up on Wednesday, though. I can't wait. I hope I use up a couple of things.
Mine smells pepperminty too and I can barely stand it :nono:. I could have sworn I ordered it in like sweet pea or something.

Mine smells pepperminty too and I can barely stand it :nono:. I could have sworn I ordered it in like sweet pea or something.

Yeah, sometimes the mint makes my eyes water. I didn't request a scent but I surely will next time. Umm, sweet pea :lick:. My Sunshine is Sweet Pea. Smells so good.

Yeah, sometimes the mint makes my eyes water. I didn't request a scent but I surely will next time. Umm, sweet pea :lick:. My Sunshine is Sweet Pea. Smells so good.

Imma request a scent next time:perplexed

Man.......I hope it's not too "minty-fresh":nono:

*goes to smell dc*:blush:

ETA: Okay guys....strangely, the Honeysuckle one has the rather minty smell and the dc smells good.

Last edited:
Went to the bronner bros show.. :nono:
Spent $30 bucks to get $14 worth of stuff...
I tell ya my PJ didn't even wake up for it..
Most of the stuff was not my style... or the same price I could get for it online.

im watching sunshine on youtube now and she is talking about why she hasnt been on youtube and etsy for a while and she is really breaking down crying.

Imma request a scent next time:perplexed

Man.......I hope it's not too "minty-fresh":nono:

*goes to smell dc*:blush:

ETA: Okay guys....strangely, the Honeysuckle one has the rather minty smell and the dc smells good.

My Honeysuckle one smells nice :yep:

Che, what's Sunshine saying????

shes saying that her MIL passed away, her husband and herself began to drift apart, she didnt want to do sunshine products anymore, she didnt have any real life friends and was just overall depressed. she had to humble herself before God and ask for help to get through her situation.
i havent finished the rest of the video yet.

^^ They do have BF sales and it gets ugly! LOL Setting alarms to be up at midnight when the sales start! Gotta get in early so you be at the top of the shipping queue.

Hearing ya'll talking about Black Friday has been sounding so weird to me but I guess it will be here before we know it. I can't believe its almost the middle of August already.

:blush:Dang!! I mean I knew it was serious...but wow! People go hard for some hair products. I guess its good that I am planning out my plan of attack this far in advance.

Yeah, this year has been going by way too fast.

shes saying that her MIL passed away, her husband and herself began to drift apart, she didnt want to do sunshine products anymore, she didnt have any real life friends and was just overall depressed. she had to humble herself before God and ask for help to get through her situation.
i havent finished the rest of the video yet.

Wow. I haven't bought her products and I don't know much about her but whoa!:blush::ohwell: One of those would be tough, let alone all of that.

ok tonight i will slather my hair in evoo and sleep in my satin cap. tomorrow i will slather my hair in more evoo and co wash and detangle with kckt and leave some in. then i will add a tiny bit more of evoo and TW crinkles and curls. tomorrow i have to be to school early so i have more time to let my hair dry before work because when i use kckt it takes my hair longer to dry than say if i were to use just TW or kbb.

Wow. I haven't bought her products and I don't know much about her but whoa!:blush::ohwell: One of those would be tough, let alone all of that.
yea i agree. ive noticed with her that she always comes across very perfect. but that makes her likable. it makes you want to take her advice on certain videos. but she touched on the perfectionist thing too and said that she had to realize shes only human.
i can understand because i went through the same thing with wanting everyone to believe i was perfect and never wanting to mess up. then i got to the point where i just let myself go because i didnt know how to find a balance with not being perfect but not being a life slop lol. i think we all have a moment or two like this but im glad she showed us instead of leaving us hanging because i was wondering why she was never on anymore. i thought it was because she no longer had hair:look:

yea i agree. ive noticed with her that she always comes across very perfect. but that makes her likable. it makes you want to take her advice on certain videos. but she touched on the perfectionist thing too and said that she had to realize shes only human.
i can understand because i went through the same thing with wanting everyone to believe i was perfect and never wanting to mess up. then i got to the point where i just let myself go because i didnt know how to find a balance with not being perfect but not being a life slop lol. i think we all have a moment or two like this but im glad she showed us instead of leaving us hanging because i was wondering why she was never on anymore. i thought it was because she no longer had hair:look:

I hope things turn around for her.

Up earlier could not sleep, took my hair down not completely dry. It takes forever to dry but the curls are popping no combing this time, hopefully when it dry it will still look good. Now I got to get the shine.

So right before I went on my vacations I stopped over my grandparents house to see if I had any mail.
My grandmother- "you got a package."
Me-"I didn't order anything" (I hadn't ordered anything in a while)
Grandmother- "Well its as big as the last box" (this was my Jessicurl order)

Lo and behold sitting on the dining room table is a big ole box from Jessicurl:spinning: Couldn't for the life of me figure out why they were sending me something else. Well....They sent me another GALLON of the WDT and another LITER of the Aloeba condish:drunk:

So now I have 2 Gallons of the WDT and 2 Liters of the condish for the extremely high price of one.:lachen: Guess someone messed up big time.

I'm going to give it all away. Don't need 2 GALLONS of the same thing. Girl needs some variety in her life/hair.:look:

So right before I went on my vacations I stopped over my grandparents house to see if I had any mail.

Lo and behold sitting on the dining room table is a big ole box from Jessicurl:spinning: Couldn't for the life of me figure out why they were sending me something else. Well....They sent me another GALLON of the WDT and another LITER of the Aloeba condish:drunk:

So now I have 2 Gallons of the WDT and 2 Liters of the condish for the extremely high price of one.:lachen: Guess someone messed up big time.

I'm going to give it all away. Don't need 2 GALLONS of the same thing. Girl needs some variety in her life/hair.:look:

Mistake, wow! I wish I could have gotten that WDT. You can put it away it good mistake!

Ladies I am growing addicted to the LF and HH wigs :) I love them so Much, they feel great. ONLY PROBLEM......................

Husband says he doesn't remember what my real hair looks like But he like the wigs none the less :blush:

Let me know if you decide to sell some :look:

i didnt do anything today i said i would. i deep conditioned my hair today for about 2 hours with kbb mask and then made the mistake of using claudies honeysuckle to detaingle. that stuff is horrible lol. it made my hair shrivel up and tangle and i couldnt do anything with it. i didnt have time to fight with it so i just rinsed, put in some evoo, kckt and TW foam. then i slicked it into a low pony tail.:wallbash:
that stuff reminds me of milk of magnesia. the smell and the texture.:nono::perplexed
tonight im going to have to really detangle my hair. i threw the claudies away because i have never seen anything like it before.

how did the rest of you like the claudies honeysuckle rinse?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back