Use 1 buy 1 Challenge 2010 pt.1

Speaking of mailing packages, I just found an addressed box (for one of us) in my bedroom but I swore that I mailed out her package last week!!! Now that's scatterbrained!! If I have her box, what the heck did I mail out last week????? And who did I mail it to??? LOL!! I don't know what's going on.

Afternoon Ladies......

I can't believe the weekend is almost over. It flew by.:perplexed

Oh well.:ohwell: Is anyone doing their hair today?

IK LTown does her hair on Sunday. And I think Shay does too.:grin:

@Lamara: When are you washing out that Conditioner????

I normally do my hair on Sunday but did it this past Friday bc I had to work today. Still doing a bit a work from home making sure I get the paperwork in for my Special Olympics athletes although I'm on staycation this week. I'm thinking of maybe doing a cassia gloss tomorrow since the last one was in December. We'll see how lazy I am tomorrow.

Speaking of mailing packages, I just found an addressed box (for one of us) in my bedroom but I swore that I mailed out her package last week!!! Now that's scatterbrained!! If I have her box, what the heck did I mail out last week????? And who did I mail it to??? LOL!! I don't know what's going on.

I just pm'd you!:look: :spinning:

I'm so lazy and I will not be doing my hair tonight lol.
You know the denman brush is amazing. I have been having bad hair days when I do mu puffs lately. When I would get out the shower my hair would hang all the way to my shoulders and my curls were long and stringy.
Well I slathered my hair I. Kbb and wdt and my ends seemed rough so I smoothed with my denman. Man when I gotout the shower my hair was all the way up to my ears and next lol. My puff was so defined. I don't k ow how the denman does it but I will be using it once a month.

I'm so lazy and I will not be doing my hair tonight lol.
You know the denman brush is amazing. I have been having bad hair days when I do mu puffs lately. When I would get out the shower my hair would hang all the way to my shoulders and my curls were long and stringy.
Well I slathered my hair I. Kbb and wdt and my ends seemed rough so I smoothed with my denman. Man when I gotout the shower my hair was all the way up to my ears and next lol. My puff was so defined. I don't k ow how the denman does it but I will be using it once a month.

Hey Che!:wave:

I was just telling T that I picked the wrong time for a No-Buy. Too many sales and coupons and whatnot. I want some more PM Super Skinny Daily Treatment, Hemp Seed Oil, Gleau Oil, Giovanni Nutrafix, Giovanni Smooth as Silk Xtreme, and Joico Body Luxe conditioner. I wonder if I can make it until the end of May????

I was just telling T that I picked the wrong time for a No-Buy. Too many sales and coupons and whatnot. I want some more PM Super Skinny Daily Treatment, Hemp Seed Oil, Gleau Oil, Giovanni Nutrafix, Giovanni Smooth as Silk Xtreme, and Joico Body Luxe conditioner. I wonder if I can make it until the end of May????

OH MY!:eek: Chile You want ALL DAT!:peek:

I can send you a sample of Hemp Seed Oil when mine gets here (No Worries there, and I'll send you a sample of the Kukui Nut too).

I don't have any of the others on your list. :sad:

If I did, I'd send them to you.:lachen:

OH MY!:eek: Chile You want ALL DAT!:peek:

I can send you a sample of Hemp Seed Oil when mine gets here (No Worries there, and I'll send you a sample of the Kukui Nut too).

I don't have any of the others on your list. :sad:

If I did, I'd send them to you.:lachen:

I know you would, T, cuz you so sweet!!! :yep:

And, yes, I want all that!!! :look: But, no more buying for now. I mean it!!!

Decided to clarify and do a protein treatment today. This will be my first time doing a bentonite clay treatment. I usually only clarify with HV's Amala Shampoo. I may still do a cassia gloss later in the week but not sure bc I don't think my poor bath tub could handle all that in one week.

So I ended up sleeping in my DC mix overnight Saturday. When I rinsed my hair was sooooo soft and silky. I think I'm going to add the Skala Ceramides every time I DC. I love the results.

I twisted it up using the BRBC, Jessicurl Aloeba Condish, SSI Seyani Hair Butter (used up). I've had that hair butter for almost a year and it was a 4oz container, however I didn't use it that much during the winter since I had a lot of butters.

How do you ladies sleep in conditioner all night, squeshing all night? I tried and it was very comfortable.

I am going to cut my hair. At least an inch but maybe 2. I am at APL now but have suffered from breakage. So my left side is longer than the right. This will be the shortest my hair has been in years but I can't take the uneveness.

I used the curlformers last night and the jury is still out on them. They were super easy to use, much easier than regular rollers but my results were frizzy when I tried to seperate them. I think I may need the longer ones because I had to twist further down than I probably should have in order for my hair to fit in them. That my be why my roots were frizzy. I am going on vacation thursday so I may try again wednesday night.

hey everybody
i was on my phone last night on here because my computer is messed up. thats why my post has so many mistakes lol.
im still wondering how the denman does what it does? i mean its just a brush, but i works like no other lol.
anyway T, i mailed your package today with an extra treat in it.

and i got my uncle funkys daughter curly magic in the mail today and i freaking love it. it gives my hair a firm hold without any crunch at all. and im quick to point out even a little crunch lol. i applied this differently then i usually apply gels because i was short on time. so on wet hair i applied kbb hair milk and put my hair in a towel. when i took it off my hair was drying pretty fast so i applied the curly magic on 5 big sections with no added water. my hair looks and feels great. i love this stuff. and it comes in a big 18oz bottle.
the texture is sort of like kccc except it doesnt go on rough the way kccc does.
i have tried many gels and they have all either made my hair dry and crunchy (and i hate a lot of hold) or when i would use a gel with less hold my hair would be a big ball of frizz by the end of the day.
gels i have tried: eco styler(pink and olive oil), darcy's botanicals, la bella lots of curls, smooth and shine, kccc, black gel(that lasted one day lol), curl junkie aloe fix and curls gel(forgot the name).
i even started using cremes instead for less hold but definition and that gave me crunch too lol. the only one that works is aveda be curly. and i thought i found a dupe for it in beyond the zone noodle head but that was a crunchy mess too.

i have donna marie mirra curl on the way so i hope i like that too so i can have 2 gels i like.

How do you ladies sleep in conditioner all night, squeshing all night? I tried and it was very comfortable.

Most times I'm so tired I don't notice anything. I do make sure to put a towel over my pillows to keep them from getting messed up.

I may like this bentonite clay. I saw the waves, curls, and coils popping but I slapped something else in my hair before I could start playing with it. I'm under the steamer now.I finished my gleau oil. I will reorder.

Ladies: If anyone has a Shampoo Bar that they are willing to gift to another poster in this thread, please pm me and let me know and I'll give you her info. Thanks

*you girls know i don't get down with da' 'poo*:look:

Well, I'm on my last little bit of the Vitale Body & Bounce.:sad: I'll re-buy this at some point, but Imma move on! :look:

I will be using BeeMine next.

I am sooooo excited! I can't wait! I love that stuff.:lick:

everytime i hear about bee mine i want to purchase something lol. but i will hold off. my hair has been doing so well with kbb and regular shea butter i'll just stick to that.

actually i was just thinking, i cant wait to get home and moisturize with some good ole shea butter.

everytime i hear about bee mine i want to purchase something lol. but i will hold off. my hair has been doing so well with kbb and regular shea butter i'll just stick to that.

actually i was just thinking, i cant wait to get home and moisturize with some good ole shea butter.

:yep: So do I!!!!! I see the name and go straight to the site! :nono:

ETA: but i never get anything

Last edited:
I may like this bentonite clay. I saw the waves, curls, and coils popping but I slapped something else in my hair before I could start playing with it. I'm under the steamer now.I finished my gleau oil. I will reorder.

It was very easy to detangle my hair and it was quite defined :love:. My tub did okay so I may do the cassia gloss on Wednesday. I was planning to try a wash n go today but I swear to goodness I am too lazy to be shingling my hair. Today would have been a great day to do it too. Oh well.

also i think i found out why my hair hasnt been as soft as usual. i kept trying to figure out why my hair would be soft and then dry when my hair usually holds on to moisture like no body's business.
i think its my water and aloe juice mix :(
my hair used to like this but now im thinking maybe too much aloe vera juice is a problem. the problem with that is i have been trying to find a replacement for my ojon mist(something cheaper) and nothing seems to work as well. so i think this weekend im going to purchase the ojon mist because my hair is acting funky without it.

and instead of using it daily(which is a problem with a pricey mist like this) i will use it like 3 times a week and the other days i will mist with just water.

Back