Use 1 buy 1 Challenge 2010 pt.1

Yall know I went to Big lots right?? The one closest to my job is so hood though. They only had skala aloe vera rinse out conditioner and I wanted a DC so I passed. Is that one any good?

That seems to be the conditioner everyone finds on the shelves the most. My hair is always soft, silky and full of slip after using any of the Skala products including the AV. Give it a shot! :yep:

That seems to be the conditioner everyone finds on the shelves the most. My hair is always soft, silky and full of slip after using any of the Skala products including the AV. Give it a shot! :yep:
Good, I will pick one up next week. How do you use it Americka, co wash with it?

why am i on the phone with my male friend and i was telling him that i might straighten my hair to trim it and see how long it is. this is his response "if you do that its like giving up on nature. you might as well go buy a box of relaxer". when i told him its not the same he still held his stance.
i cant help but lol at "giving up on nature":lachen:

I guess I'll get up 1st thing in the a.m. and start on my lil' bity hurr.:look:

I am doing an indigo t/u. I will be using the remainder of one container, so that will be used up.

Will Co-Wash with Nutrine Garlic, do a quick Nexxus Keraphix reconstructor and DC with either Joico or Keratase, prolly the Joico.

Hoping to use up some thangs...........:rolleyes:

@Che: Have you decided whether you will have your Ginormous Sale or not? Do you think maybe you should hold off on that for a while?

Have you clarified lately? Afterall, you've been doing alot of experimenting with all kinds of Gels & Creams recently.:yep:

Maybe a good Clarifying Treatment and DC will help put you back in Love with your Hair.

then use shala leave in, KCCC. It was not good skala leave in does not have any softening ingredient to make my hair soft and use KCCC. Oh well, I use it for bunnings. I won't do my hair again until Sun.

Brownie Hipped me to Using Leave-Ins as a Final Rinse. So, if I find something that isn't a 'great' leave-in, I plan to do that.:look:

@Che: Have you decided whether you will have your Ginormous Sale or not? Do you think maybe you should hold off on that for a while?

Have you clarified lately? Afterall, you've been doing alot of experimenting with all kinds of Gels & Creams recently.:yep:

Maybe a good Clarifying Treatment and DC will help put you back in Love with your Hair.
i was thinking about clarifying but i have been shampooing a lot anyway. and then i know i havent been deep conditioning like i used to so maybe the shampooing without proper deep conditioning is the problem?
i might hold off on the sale but you know what? i know its hard to believe but i dont have much. :look:
i think most of my products are conditioners and leave in conditioners. the bulk of my moisturizers is shea butter and multiples of maybe 4 actual products.
most of the products i would sale would be cheapie cvs/bss products. so i think in the end a sale would be a waste of time lol.

i decided not to straighten my hair.
tonight i will deep condition on dry hair and co wash. then i will use curls for target creme brule as a leave in under a little sweet almond oil and then do chunky twists(to attempt twist out) using curls souflee.

i watch this woman on youtube named taren916 and i noticed that pjism is a blip. the times when her has was amazing was when she was using curls and mixed chicks. now she uses all these different products and having bad hair days in her opinion and i wwas just thinking, dont that sound familiar? lol.

i think i really do need to stick with what works. i know ive said that before but im for real now lol.

i will stick with:
qhemet
curls/curls for target
shea butter
karens body beautiful

thats for moisturizers, shampoo and quicky conditioning. for deep conditioners i have too many to name but the bulk of styling has nothing to do with conditioners so im just cutting back on moisturizers and stylers.

I still haven't washed my hair..... sigh. I am going to get up in the AM and do it. I am going to add a black tea rinse in the mix and see what happens. I did it a while ago and I don't remember if I liked it.

I used up a Giovanni Nutrafix Reconstructor. I have one more in stock. Won't be a repurchase unless I can find it in a larger size.

I used up a Giovanni Nutrafix Reconstructor. I have one more in stock. Won't be a repurchase unless I can find it in a larger size.
i think i actually love the giovanni reconstructor more than the xtreme. they are both good but i like the reconstructor more. it reminds me of a slightly harder version of AP GBP.

Hey ladies!

I used up the rest of a strinillah. That was the good news. Bad news was my hair was so tangled this week for some reason and I think I lost unnecessary hair :(

Hope everyone's weekend is going great. I have a LONG day @ work tomorrow. We're doing Relay for Life Cancer Walk. Hope we have a good turn out.

Up Early....:sad:Sitting here with Indigo on. Will wash it out in about an hour or so.

Yeah, I will definitely use up that Nutrine this a.m.. I have about 4 more bottles left.:perplexed

Need to keep a couple in the stash for Fall/Winter.:yep:

May use up something else during the Indigo wash-out? I think I have a 1/2 bottle of WR. So that will go.

Will run errands later with DC and a Scarf.:look:

Good Morning ladies, gloomy weather today! No hair plans yet.

Hey Hun.:grin:

Yeah, we're suppose to have rain off & on most of the day.:ohwell:

I'm kinda glad tho' because I don't have to water my little flowerbed.:look:

It's sunny right now, but that is suppose to change.

After I rinse this Indigo out, I have a few errands to do, and will run out with DC and Scarf......:blush:

You do your hair on Sunday(s) right? Do you know what you'll be doing????

Hey Hun.:grin:

Yeah, we're suppose to have rain off & on most of the day.:ohwell:

I'm kinda glad tho' because I don't have to water my little flowerbed.:look:

It's sunny right now, but that is suppose to change.

After I rinse this Indigo out, I have a few errands to do, and will run out with DC and Scarf......:blush:

You do your hair on Sunday(s) right? Do you know what you'll be doing????

Yes I usually do my hair on Sunday so it can be fresh for work week. I think I'll use 10 n 1 to try it out. I really need to go back to using up one like you suggestion. Now that I know I like skala and have a good stash( thanks to you and sister) I'll do that. Even with dd using products I won't be using up anything for a while.

hey ladies,
I found skala where I thought I wouldnt find it...in the BSS in the mall!

What varieties did they offer, what did you get, and how much are they selling it for?

Slightly OT: I did a search on EBAY and there is a seller selling the masques for $19.99 and $12.99 for S/H! Granted, the jars are 25 ounces. But even I don't love no Skala enough to pay $1.31 an ounce! Ridiculous!

they had all of the conditioners, but none of the DC's or shampoos. the price of each one was $5.00.

I used the skala shea butter conditioner last week and...it felt great it my hair while it was wet and after I rinse it out, my hair felt different. Dry, but not too dry, a little hard, but not too hard. It was weird. This week Im going to try the avocado conditioner.

What varieties did they offer, what did you get, and how much are they selling it for?

Slightly OT: I did a search on EBAY and there is a seller selling the masques for $19.99 and $12.99 for S/H! Granted, the jars are 25 ounces. But even I don't love no Skala enough to pay $1.31 an ounce! Ridiculous!

Finished my Hair for the week.:grin:

Used Up:

A 16 ounce Nutrine Garlic Conditioner *have several back-ups*

Will work on Beauty w/o Cruelty Moisturizing Conditioner starting next wash day.

1 Vial of Fermodyl 619

This week will use up Hemp Seed Oil *repurchased*, and possibly the Vitale Body & Bounce Moisturizing Hair Cream *will repurchase this at some point* and possibly a 2.0 Tube of Nexxus Vitatress Biotin Hair Cream.

Next Saturday may finish my 16 ounce Joico MRTB. About 1-2 uses left. I do have a back-up.
Once finished will move on to Keratase Oleo Relax. Once both of these are done, I start on HV Sitrinillah. I have 2 Jars.

Last edited:
Finished Qhemet's honey hydrating balm. Right on time since the sale will be in two weeks. I'm ordering some mozeke samples today.

Back