Use 1 buy 1 Challenge 2010 pt.1

:yep: I was thinking the same thing. That thought will make me feel better about purchasing. I intend to do my best to keep it moving right on past Big Lots, though. :look: No buy!!!

mdk, you and your hair are gorgeous!! :yep:
Thank you so much Brownie!!

It's A Dollar!:lachen:

A Pack of Gum!:look:
That's why I can't resist T!

MKD, Big Lots just called. They want your money.

BigLotsLogo.jpg
:lachen::lachen::lachen:

I used up my sample of Jasmines Babassu Extreme conditioner and I have one more use of that PM Super Skinny Treatment that I found. I also finished an Njoi Ayurvedic Hair Butter.

In the next week, I should finish that PM Super Skinny, a bottle of Moist 24/7, 2 vials of CeraRepair, 2 tubes of Schwarzkops Smooth Express, and a jar of WDT. I should NOT be purchasing anything...

How did u like this? I'm thinking of using mine but 2oz usually isn't enough for my hair. I'm thinking of giving it a natural with a TWA who goes to my church.

How did u like this? I'm thinking of using mine but 2oz usually isn't enough for my hair. I'm thinking of giving it a natural with a TWA who goes to my church.

I actually liked it! It smelled so good and my hair felt really good when I rinsed it and it was nicely moisturized and very smooth. :yep: I was skeptical, too, but ended up nicely surprised.

I'm working 1/2 day today so today will be hair day. Tomorrow I will be going to my deep water exercise class so I will just cowash then to the parents. On Sunday I am working and doing a kickboxing class. I'm off next week so I will be on more.

Can you tell I'm going back and reading the thread and responding :look:? Anyways I liked it too. The consistency, it was easy to spread, no drippies while steaming, and my hair airdried soft. She says it is a light protein. It will be a repurchase at some point for me.

Can you tell I'm going back and reading the thread and responding :look:? Anyways I liked it too. The consistency, it was easy to spread, no drippies while steaming, and my hair airdried soft. She says it is a light protein. It will be a repurchase at some point for me.

:yep: For me, too, Shay. I was ordering some stuff for my niece and I was gonna get some but I'm not supposed to be buying anything right now...:look:

Ya'll Keep Talkin' 'bout Avoiding Driving By Big Lots for a Dolla' :auto:but will spend $100.00+ Shipping.....:cycle:

Ya'll Ain't Tryna' Stop Drivin' by PayPal:lachen:

Ya'll Keep Talkin' 'bout Avoiding Driving By Big Lots for a Dolla' :auto:but will spend $100.00+ Shipping.....:cycle:

Ya'll Ain't Tryna' Stop Drivin' by PayPal:lachen:

Seriously , I would rather go buckwild in Big Lots over some Dollar conditioner than to buy one thing somewhere else and then spend like $20 on shipping. Plus with the Skala I can sniff:lick: it in the store. With shipping I have to wait like 2 weeks. 2 weeks!!!

my hair looks and feels like sh%t today:wallbash:
i co washed and detangled with vo5 and aveda be curly conditioner and my hair was feeling nice. then i put on cd hair milk(because its almost gone) and sunshine and wraped in a towel like i always do. then i put in a puff. by the time i got to work my hair was a crunchy mess. im talking it felt fried and crunched to the side. i had to run to the bathroom and slick my hair back into a ponytail(oh by the way my hair is long enough to do this now:grin:) with water and some l"ocitain shea butter i keep in my purse.

why is it it seems nothing is working for me anymore but karens body beautiful? i mean its not even that hot or humid yet and usually thats the only time kbb hair cream works for me, but now its the only thing that keeps my hair soft, along with the milk. im so pissed.

my hair looks and feels like sh%t today:wallbash:
i co washed and detangled with vo5 and aveda be curly conditioner and my hair was feeling nice. then i put on cd hair milk(because its almost gone) and sunshine and wraped in a towel like i always do. then i put in a puff. by the time i got to work my hair was a crunchy mess. im talking it felt fried and crunched to the side. i had to run to the bathroom and slick my hair back into a ponytail(oh by the way my hair is long enough to do this now:grin:) with water and some l"ocitain shea butter i keep in my purse.

why is it it seems nothing is working for me anymore but karens body beautiful? i mean its not even that hot or humid yet and usually thats the only time kbb hair cream works for me, but now its the only thing that keeps my hair soft, along with the milk. im so pissed.
What do you think it is that made your hair act up like that Che? I know you were pissed but the bolded made me laugh.

i have no idea. i know a lot of people dont like cd products, to me they arent the best, but the hair milk has never really given me problems. when i was snowed in a work and had to walk through all that snow and wind coming down, all i had in my hair was cd hair milk and sunshine and my hair stayed soft. but today it was a mess.
it was also hard for me to detangle today too. i had to slather my hair in vo5 and some garnier i had in the bathroom just to detangle and it was still hard.

i think my hair really needs a treatment and another 1 inch trim:sad:
but im going to see if i can skip the trim depending on how my hair feels after the treatment. im going to do kbb hair mask mixed with coconut milk and honey and evoo.

Finished a bottle of Dove Sheer Moisture Conditioner :band2:. (I've been using it to shave :lachen: )

And T! I saw your PM. I'm gonna respond in a few! I was in a rush when I first read it. lol

Last night I shampoo, dc with Skala, then use shala leave in, KCCC. It was not good skala leave in does not have any softening ingredient to make my hair soft and use KCCC. Oh well, I use it for bunnings. I won't do my hair again until Sun.

Last edited:
theres a store in brooklyn, NY that sells hairveda products. now I can purchase them without paying shipping and handling and waiting weeks and weeks and weeks to get it!

Last night I shampoo, dc with Skala, then use shala leave in, KCCC. It was not good skala leave in does not have any softening ingredietn to make my hair soft and use KCCC. Oh well, I use it for bunnings. I won't do my hair again until Sun.

Really? Which one did you use?

im thinking about straightening my hair:look:
it'll be easier to trim if i need it. i dont know if i will be im thinking about conditioning tonight, applying 2 heat protectants and a light leave in and rollerseting my hair.

Hey ladies, mkd you are beautiful. Today is the start of me getting the handle on ALL of my pj ways. Hoping that i am recovered this time next year. Today is wash day, washing with elucence, conditioning with mbc and deep conditioning with homemade dc. Using mbc as a leave in and gt butter to moisturize, jbco on my ends. Still haven't used up anything but im close. As long as i stay focused on not buying more products i will be alright. Next week i will rebraid my hair. I like this every two weeks thing, im lazy right now and its storming out don't feel like redoing my braids and i don't have to:yep:.

I use ceramides G3 leave in, it not the Skala it just not the right leave in for KCCC. You are suppose to use Knot today with KCCC, I was just testing to see if any leave in would work.
Girl naw!!! I learned that the hard way. KCKT really works the best for me.

im thinking about straightening my hair:look:
it'll be easier to trim if i need it. i dont know if i will be im thinking about conditioning tonight, applying 2 heat protectants and a light leave in and rollerseting my hair.
Che, that sounds like a good idea! :yep:

Hey ladies, mkd you are beautiful. Today is the start of me getting the handle on ALL of my pj ways. Hoping that i am recovered this time next year. Today is wash day, washing with elucence, conditioning with mbc and deep conditioning with homemade dc. Using mbc as a leave in and gt butter to moisturize, jbco on my ends. Still haven't used up anything but im close. As long as i stay focused on not buying more products i will be alright. Next week i will rebraid my hair. I like this every two weeks thing, im lazy right now and its storming out don't feel like redoing my braids and i don't have to:yep:.
Thank you LC!

Yall know I went to Big lots right?? The one closest to my job is so hood though. They only had skala aloe vera rinse out conditioner and I wanted a DC so I passed. Is that one any good?

Back