Use 1 buy 1 Challenge 2009 pt.2

Ive found a place to buy some shea next year, butters and bars. Ive seen some good reviews on them and they have scented shea also. So i can stop looking now before i buy something.:look:

Ive found a place to buy some shea next year, butters and bars. Ive seen some good reviews on them and they have scented shea also. So i can stop looking now before i buy something.:look:

I have taken it upon myself to become their PUSHA.

Buy! You will not be disappointed! I haven't even gotten through a pound of my last order and I'm thinking of ordering again. You know, to stock up. :look: I'm also gonna buy the full size of the antioxidant souffle. Don't waste your money on the "conditioning masque," though.

I have taken it upon myself to become their PUSHA.

Buy! You will not be disappointed! I haven't even gotten through a pound of my last order and I'm thinking of ordering again. You know, to stock up. :look: I'm also gonna buy the full size of the antioxidant souffle. Don't waste your money on the "conditioning masque," though.

I saw the mask and it looked good but i was just window shopping for shea butter.

Ot- I used the darcy's peach oil tonight and it smells good. You can't really smell it in the bottle but when you put it on its nice. Im going to look into her body oils real soon.:yep:

well now i feel bad but i will blame it on robot. i purchased 1/2 pound of shea butter. only because i kept seeing the word creamy lmao. i love my texas naturals shea butter and i cant see anything beating that but i hope this comes in as a close second.

well now i feel bad but i will blame it on robot. i purchased 1/2 pound of shea butter. only because i kept seeing the word creamy lmao. i love my texas naturals shea butter and i cant see anything beating that but i hope this comes in as a close second.

I see you went to bnb and got crunk:lachen:The prices are really cheap, let us know how you like it.

I'm starting to think more and more about mixing up my own butters. :yep:

I wonder how I can get my shea butter scented. The shea I whipped for my mom only smells slightly of the Cocasta oil and still definitely smells like shea butter. I tried once with a fragrance oil and that worked nicely, I guess...

I'm starting to think more and more about mixing up my own butters. :yep:

I wonder how I can get my shea butter scented. The shea I whipped for my mom only smells slightly of the Cocasta oil and still definitely smells like shea butter. I tried once with a fragrance oil and that worked nicely, I guess...
That is why I like mixing my own things as you can vary the scents, consistency, ingredients etc. I made a huge batch of body butter a few weeks ago and added orange and lemongrass organic essential oils. I thought it was best in winter as citrus oils can cause skin photosensitivity when in contact with sunlight. This batch will probably last me until February or March.

I will probably go back to my floral scents like lavender and geranium but I did invest in some vanilla essential oil which is not cheap. I was sent 100ml of organic orange essential oil in error and they told me to keep it so I have loads to use up and will probably do another citrus body butter next winter.

Last edited:
Hey Ladies!!!

I'm at home today:grin:! YAY! So I'm available to chat it up!

I just rubbed on some JBCO Moisturizer and ready to start my day. I finished one Jar and am working on a second one.

Still Debating whether I will attempt this 18 week stretch or cut it off at the 16 week mark. Time will tell.:perplexed

Depending how manageable things i.e. NG stay put.:ohwell:

I will need some shea butter soon. Need to check out butters n bars. But they don't sell avocado butter do they? I need that as well. I like to order both from the same site so I don't have to pay shipping twice.

I will need some shea butter soon. Need to check out butters n bars. But they don't sell avocado butter do they? I need that as well. I like to order both from the same site so I don't have to pay shipping twice.

Sheanmore has a set you can buy - 8 oz of avocado butter and 8 oz of shea butter, for about 12 dollars IIRC. They had really good customer service and shipping. I got that set and I am in LOVE with the avocado butter! Their shea isn't as creamy as butters-n-bars, but you can whip it if you don't like the grit. :yep:

Does avocado butter have a smell? Which do you ladies prefer, the shea or avocado butter?

It hurts my heart to have to answer this question. :nono: Because when I BC'ed, shea butter was my baby daddy.

But so far, I definitely have to say avocado butter. Smells better, better consistency, lighter and just as moisturizing.

It's thinner, allowing it to spread better without weighing your hair down. But still a very pleasant consistency - like a pudding almost. My hair is drinking this stuff up. Shea butter gives my hair a very soft, silky feeling, but I think that's just the product sitting on my hair. My hair is happy, manageable, and soft with the avocado. I've been using it since I got it last week and not a dry strand of hair in sight! This is my HG staple right here! I'm thinking of buying more butter and trying the oil next. I'm excited to try whipping some butters with it.

It smells very fresh; it's a light, subtle, naturally sweet scent. I was surprised by how much I like it.

I looooove eeeet! And funny you would ask because I was going to write my review for it this week, too!

Last edited:
I have not tried them, the coconut one does look good, and its talc free!

I am scared to try any of the others, my pits are sensitive.

http://forum.lush.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=118172

I use Crystal Rock, it works with like a charm. It's alum free and Propel Glycol free.

Mine are sensitive too. I struggle to find something that's strong enough to keep me dry in Florida but won't make my pits itchy and blistered :( I'm using Crystal right now, but I still get itchy sometimes.

ETA: OMGOSh!!!! That person's armpits :blush:

Back