Use 1 buy 1 Challenge 2009 pt.2

Let me tell you this whipped shea butter from Sunshine is so creamy :lick:. I knew when I bought Coconut Confidence from her although I didn't like the smell that if she made scented shea butter I would go crazy :spinning:. I got Rise & Shine and Hello Sweet Thang. Rise & Shine I can't really smell anything but it doesn't smell like shea butter (a good thing) and I really like the smell of Hello Sweet Thang. Ya'll know I am terrible with describing scents. Here is a link to her blog which describes the scents: www.naturalhairnaturalproducts.com.

I think I would looooove those two scents!!! :lick: Hmmmm...

I wanna order some more goodies, but I know dang well I don't need anything. :nono:

What should I do! I know I want to try myhoneychild, darcy's botanicals, and njoi creations. What else is good?

Eat Cookies. Not Sitrinillah.:blush:

And Don't be Sipping on No Juice 'N Berries!:rolleyes:

OR Greg's Juice :alcoholic

OR Franks Juice!:alcoholic

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

Speaking of cookies, everyone is loving those Cheryl&Co cookies that I had gotten. I'll have to get more before Christmas. :lick:

By the way, I had said I was going back to my twice-a-week washing schedule but I'm back to once a week. My hair seems to be doing good with this for now. So that is really slowing me down on using up all my extraneous products. Oh, well. Gotta listen to the hair!

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

Speaking of cookies, everyone is loving those Cheryl&Co cookies that I had gotten. I'll have to get more before Christmas. :lick:

By the way, I had said I was going back to my twice-a-week washing schedule but I'm back to once a week. My hair seems to be doing good with this for now. So that is really slowing me down on using up all my extraneous products. Oh, well. Gotta listen to the hair!

Girl, I want some more of those Cookies SOOOOOOOO Bad!:wallbash:

And yes, I am still on Lean Cuisines:rolleyes: She sent me that Huge Sampler thing. And I enjoyed every last item in there.:lachen:

Yes, You gotta listen to da' hair.:yep:

It does take so long to use stuff up once a week.:ohwell:

Now you see why me and La are struggling to use stuff up. But I think she does her's 2wice a week tho':perplexed

I don't understand why everyone has twist outs that look hot. And mine look a mess. I can't figure out what I am doing wrong. I think my hair just doens't like it.

mkd my twist outs are a hot mess too lmao. its my braid outs that are cute. i think because the braids give more texture and it makes my hair look fuller.
why dont you try a braid out on damp hair and see how you like that.

I don't understand why everyone has twist outs that look hot. And mine look a mess. I can't figure out what I am doing wrong. I think my hair just doens't like it.

Keep Practicing mkd. Don't give up Okay?:look:

I'm sure it looks fine. Just keep working with it. You'll get the hang of it. (That's what I keep telling myself about self-relaxing) Errbody gets these fabulous results and I end up ridiculously underprocessed everytime.

I just have to keep trying:ohwell:

mkd my twist outs are a hot mess too lmao. its my braid outs that are cute. i think because the braids give more texture and it makes my hair look fuller.
why dont you try a braid out on damp hair and see how you like that.

Keep Practicing mkd. Don't give up Okay?:look:

I'm sure it looks fine. Just keep working with it. You'll get the hang of it. (That's what I keep telling myself about self-relaxing) Errbody gets these fabulous results and I end up ridiculously underprocessed everytime.

I just have to keep trying:ohwell:
Thanks ladies. Che, I think I will try a braid out. Maybe I will get better results.

T, you're right, I just have to keep trying.

Thanks ladies. Che, I think I will try a braid out. Maybe I will get better results.

T, you're right, I just have to keep trying.

The longer you leave in the twists the better. And use some kinda gel or holding product. What are you using to twist with?

The longer you leave in the twists the better. And use some kinda gel or holding product. What are you using to twist with?
This weekend, I used afroveda totally twisted butter and a little AOHC. I didn't use any gel but I usually use a foam. I left the twists in from friday to sunday and when I took them out, it was a little better but not fabulous ya know?

i think my problem with twist outs is that they dont give me the same body and bigness that braid outs give me. maybe if my hair were longer but its not so i gotta work with what i got. plus i have always like the look of braid outs. someone said i looked like side show bob today and i was like thanx:grin::lachen:

Last edited:
This weekend, I used afroveda totally twisted butter and a little AOHC. I didn't use any gel but I usually use a foam. I left the twists in from friday to sunday and when I took them out, it was a little better but not fabulous ya know?

I think it would be better if you used a light holding gel, like aloe vera, qhemet honeybush gel, KCCC, Jane Carter Twist and Lock, Lush's Big Tease Hair gel.

Foams don't work on me neither.

My mother is a 4b and she has the nicest defined twists and twistouts ever. I think the tighter the curl, the less holding product you'll need.

Charz, I ordered the afroveda pur jelly so I will try that. If I don't like it, I will buy the qhemet gel. I guess I expect twist outs to give me bigger hair and they kind of do but my curls are a lot less defined than if I were to just wash and go.

Charz, I ordered the afroveda pur jelly so I will try that. If I don't like it, I will buy the qhemet gel. I guess I expect twist outs to give me bigger hair and they kind of do but my curls are a lot less defined than if I were to just wash and go.

Have you ever done a braidout? That should give you more definition than twist out.

Okay y'all I'm so upset so I go to look at that creme brulee stuff again from Beija Flor... why is it like half full??? I'm emailing her!
WTH is that about, I don't think I will be ordering from them. I hope she responds promptly and corrects the problem :nono:

Back