Use 1 buy 1 Challenge 2009 pt.2

This week I should finish Komaza's Shea Butter Lotion. It is a freaking 2 oz sample that has been lasting forever. Char sent me this and I like it alot. I will repurchase it in June. I should also finish my Giovanni Direct Leave In. I've got some liters in the wings so I am good to go.

mkd--My hair had to be done while I was asleep too. As LC said--I was busy :giggle:.

This week I should finish Komaza's Shea Butter Lotion. It is a freaking 2 oz sample that has been lasting forever. Char sent me this and I like it alot. I will repurchase it in June. I should also finish my Giovanni Direct Leave In. I've got some liters in the wings so I am good to go.

mkd--My hair had to be done while I was asleep too. As LC said--I was busy :giggle:.

I don't know if someone said it in here or if i read it on an email, Yall know im slow sometimes:spinning: but komaza has new products coming out this month i think.

Ah lawd...here we go. As long as its not moisturizers/butter/pomades or any type of conditioner I am good to go.

I am also adding to my to try list--Desert Essence and BeeMine. Imma mess :nono:. It's been a week since I've bought hair products though.

Ah lawd...here we go. As long as its not moisturizers/butter/pomades or any type of conditioner I am good to go.

It might be, i haven't seen anything on the site yet:look:

I am also adding to my to try list--Desert Essence and BeeMine. Imma mess :nono:. It's been a week since I've bought hair products though.

I know im waiting for the monster to come, im sure he is about hongry.:nono:

For the rest of this year i will use up, a tw mist, a bottle of califa conditoner, my aowc mix and a bottle of jbco. Anything else will be an added bonus. I moisturized tonight with tw mix and jcns. Tommorrow i will moisturize with tw mix and jbco.

Well I received my Anita Grant samples this morning and I like them all apart from the black vanilla which is not surprising as I do not like the taste of black pepper or the smell. I was just so curious to see how it would work with the vanilla but it still smells very strongly of black pepper to me but I am sensitive to the smell of black pepper anyway. I may add it to one of own concoctions to use it up

The coconut and rosewood smells nice and my friend loved this for her face when I got her the samples for her birthday but to me I may use it more as a perfume oil as it has a strong scent but I do love the way it smells.

I really like the espresso choc lippy pucker but I love the smell of coffee so would prefer to be stronger but I know that I am the exception for example when you have the tins of chocolates - it is always the coffee creams that are left and I love those.

I am due to clarify my hair on Saturday so will try one of the hair products then, not sure which one to start with, the sapote castor, VCO castor or the latte and will use just that one for about 3 or 4 weeks until I shampoo (I mainly co-wash) so I get a true idea as to how they work.

Also I am going for my monthly facial this Sunday, so will use one of the facial products after that time and will use it consistently until I have my next factial so then I will also be able to give the feedback from the lady that actually does my facials as to how my face is faring inbetween

Just realised that I never actually posted what I got.

- 2 espresso choc lippy puckers
- 6 dark chocolate lippy puckers (3 are gifts)
- Cassia Obovata -have wanted to try this for about 2 years
- 2 samples of Organic Dark Chocolate & Banana Smoothie Face Mask (tried this before and it is divine)
- Organic Rose & Sandalwood Facial Oil
- Rose and Jasmine Hair and Body Oil
- Monoi de Tahiti (got a sample before but spilled the whole lot :nono:)
- Black Vanilla & Sweet Almond Oil
- Organic Vanilla Rose & Sweet Almond Oil
- Coconut and Rosewood Dry Oil
- Organic Sapote Castor Hair Oil
- Organic Carrot & Wheat Germ Cleansing Oil
- Organic Virgin Coconut Castor Hair Oil
- Tuscan Green Clay
- Creamy Café Latte Drop of Vanilla

All samples are 15 ml/grams apart from the Cassia which is 50g

Last edited:
ok after i use up everything, these are going to be my staple moisturizers:

qhemet heavy cream
shea butter
curls whipped cream
kbb hair cream(only during the summer)
oyin whipped pudding

I wish I could use the oyin whipped pudding. The smell is too much for me, too sweet. When I forced myself to use up the sample everytime I turned my head I gagged :nono:

Good morning ladies, i had the urge to buy something last night but i didn't, i went right on to sleep and the urge has passed for now. Ill take it one day at a time and use the things that i have. If i feel that i want to buy something i will do something else to occupy my mind. I do need some shea butter but im going to wait until next year, in january. Im going to try and get through december without buying anything.:yep:

Good morning ladies, i had the urge to buy something last night but i didn't, i went right on to sleep and the urge has passed for now. Ill take it one day at a time and use the things that i have. If i feel that i want to buy something i will do something else to occupy my mind. I do need some shea butter but im going to wait until next year, in january. Im going to try and get through december without buying anything.:yep:

I'm telling you what works for me every time is a quick reality check. What did it for me this time was that "Show Your Stash" thread . I looked at mine and :nono:.....

I recieved my darcy's today everything came intact and taped down. The avocado and wild plum twisting cream looks thick but it feels like a lotion. And it barely has any smell to it so i can live with that. My peach oil doesn't really smell either and i recieved a sample of winter spice oil and that smells really good.

im wearing a braid out today. i like it but i would love it if i had done the braids smaller. i know next time. tonight im going to spray my hair with j&b and re-braid using oyin shine and define doing smaller braids. wednesday night i will co wash using blended beauty conditioner and do more braids for another braid out.
the oyin made my hair so soft and fluffy.

Is the thermasmooth a conditoner or a moisturizer? I've seen that line in my local bss.
It is a 4 part system. There is a shampoo, conditioner, serum and anti-humidity spray. I am on Step 3 (serum) right now. I will definitely be applying Step 4 (anti-humidity spray) as it is raining cats and dogs today in Southern California.

I will be posting my final APL in 2009 length check photo today. Otherwise, I would not be trying to do my hair in this weather :ohwell:.

Back