UPDATE: 17 months of haircare... PICS!!

vestaluv1

FOR THOSE WHO MAY NEED SOME INSPIRATION:
(17 months ago, I never thought I would be almost BSL...)

So... I haven't really stuck to my regimen for the last year or so. In fact, it's almost broken down completely and the only thing that I carried on doing was protective styling with wigs. I still moisturise and seal regulary (maybe 3/4 times a week) and minimise combing.

However, I am happy with my progress so far and plan on going back to my Ayurveda regimen... I think it really works.
I'm currently transitioning and have not had a relaxer since October 2008.
So here's my progress so far...

startingpic21stMarch-vi.jpg

March 08

111231-vi.jpg

17thOctFreshLyeRelaxer2-vi.jpg

Oct 08 (straight after relaxer)

back1-vi.jpg

August 09 (Flat iron)

21stMarch08-vi.jpg
back2-vi.jpg

March 08 v. August 09

I'm trying to work on the thickness as well as the length. I'm hoping that as my relaxer grows out I'll get my thickness back, and I'm planning on a trim soon too.

Last edited:
Omg.. I am loving it. I am a newbie and your beginning picks remind me of my current state. Thank you so much. I am very much inspired.!!

Vesta - GREAT PROGRESS!! and this is from not sticking to your regimen, lol
I must be doing someting wrong, lol:look:

That's so great! And inspirational to those like me who have the best intentions but emmm sometimes fall off of sticking to strict regimens

:thud:

AMAZING PROGRESS!!! i smell an upcoming FEATURE OF THE MONTH right here!!! auuuughhhh what is your regimen?!?! please share specifics immediately!!!

Omg.. I am loving it. I am a newbie and your beginning picks remind me of my current state. Thank you so much. I am very much inspired.!!

ITA!!! Her beginnig pic is where I am now. I hope to look like your most recent pic a year from now. I am truly inspired now. Thank you for posting these and great job, luv it!

I love your progress. Regardless of if you feel like you haven't been doing everything you should, you must be doing something right.

So shiny and sleek. Looks like your doing ok to me and your ends look fine.

I notice your siggy the other day cause I always remember seeing that middle picture. I mentally noted that you had made some good progress.

Wow, awesome progress!! This is inspiring especially since I'm transitioning too and wear half wigs often. Congrats!

Back