UPDATE: 17 months of haircare... PICS!!

Honey child!!! If this is from not sticking to your regime,then I'm excited to see what you are going to get when you do! Love the progress.

VestaLuv, you are one of my faves!!! When I first got here, I used to drool all over your "Stretching Works" siggy....so when I saw you had an update, I jumped right in this thread!! Your hair looks great!!!!!!!

WOW!!!!! I've been on my journey for 15 months and my progress looks nothing like that!!!!! That is amazing growth.

:thud:

AMAZING PROGRESS!!! i smell an upcoming FEATURE OF THE MONTH right here!!! auuuughhhh what is your regimen?!?! please share specifics immediately!!!

At the moment (and for the last year now) I don't really have a strict regimen but without fail I stick to protective styling, wear a satin cap or scarf to bed and moisturize and seal 3 to 4 times a week with ORS Carrot Oil and Pure Coconut Oil. I still baggy regularly.

I don't deep condition weekly like I used to. I MAY dc every couple of months with ORS Hair Mayo.

I finger-comb most of the time and try to use heat no less than every 3 months.

As I wear wigs as my protective style, my hair is always in plaits unless I'm washing/conditioning my hair.

I used to do A LOT of things for the first 5/6 months that I started to take care of my hair including

• washing with Ayurvedic powders twice a week
• deep conditioning with hair mayonnaise twice a week
• vitamins... Biotin, Silica, Vitamin B, Flaxseed Oil, Multivitamins
• daily scalp massages
• weekly hot oil treatments with Ayurvedic and Aromatherapy oils

Check my fotki for more...

The only reason why I've stopped doing all this is because I don't have the time anymore (no thanks to my job) and because I work day and night shifts, the whole vitamins thing was not working @ all.

I think that I would have seen even more progress if I had stuck to my regimen.

Last edited:
Excellent progress - truly amazing! Between a steady regimen and ayurveda, you'll achieve your desired thickness in no time. I'm transitioning as well and have been wearing a half wig for almost a month now so your progress is very inspiring.

Continued success on your hair journey!

Thanks - I was stalking out this thread waiting for you to get back in here and share your regimen, lol'Simplicity has really worked in your favor

Although I'm very impressed with your progression in length, the turnaround in health is what I find really remarkable! Well done :up:

Wow, I am impressed Vesta. My hair grew very long wearing only wigs as a protective style a while back. I think I will go back to this for a while. I remember that I washed my hair only once every 2-3 weeks back then too. Hmmm, I think I need to do this again:yep:. Why do we stop doing what worked for us in the past:nono:?

I will officially start this new regimen this month seeing that I started the month with wigs as my protective style anyway. I'll need to take a starting pic and post it in my fotki album. I'm 7 months into my relaxer stretch and haven't taken a pic of the new growth as yet so I'll be killing 2 birds with one stone I guess:grin:.

I wish my hair would hurry up and go from :hair: to :afro:. Your hair is absulutely beautiful and the progress us unbelievable. Yet another reason why I love LHCF...thanks for the inspiration!!!

cj

Back