Um...just wondering!

**SaSSy**

3rd Big Chop on 7/18/2016
You see him everyday while waiting on the platform in the morning for the train, he gets off everyday at the same stop as you for the second train. He's all eye candy (tall about 5'11 or 6 ft, buff, nice facial hair, nice brown skin). You're too shy to share because you get that little drop in your heart, he may look once or twice at you, or you catch him once or twice looking at you from your peripheral view. You don't know him, and he don't know you. The most you said to him was excuse me to get from one side of the train to the next.

What would you do?

I asked a friend if slipping him a note with my name and number was okay, she said that's not a good idea. I'm way too shy for anything else.

I don't know anything about him, but one day I was looked at his eyes (he caught me) and his eyes were so red that it looked like it was bleeding! :perplexed So then he had his head down the whole ride due to that so that turned me off alittle bit too!

I tried being friendly...one day he was getting his pass and the train was coming so I told him...he looked at me like I had 2 heads. A few days later, we were on the platform and he was looking my way...

Me: :look::hiya2:
Him: :blush::eek:
Me: :confused::ohwell:

From now on, dude has to make the first move. Nobody gonna make me feel like a stalker again. :nono:

If a man wants you he will "hunt" for you. So you really do not need to approach this man in any way. You can look "pleasant" if you want to and "approachable" but you do not need to make one move to speak to him. If he likes what he sees he should "step". :drunk:

Plus...you don't want to come off like a stalker :nono:

Last edited:
I'd personally approach if I was really wanting to get to know him...the worst thing that could happen is that he isn't interested for whatever reason and life goes on

usually though its pretty obvious even without talking when somebody is taking as much interest in you as you are them so if you feel he's not showing u interest from eye or casual contact and you are on the shy side or don't want to risk rejection then maybe its best to leave it alone.

I think the idea of giving him a note with your name and number isn't a bad idea unless he shows no interest and handling rejection isn't a strong suit.

Do you think you are expressing interest in the way you look at him or could he look at you and not think you would be interested in him?

ie....if he sees you looking do u keep looking, smile or do something to let him know..."yea Im lookin at you whats up"

I would think that you would need to learn more about him before jumping into anything, so with that said - strike up a conversation.

Sometimes the finest men can be the stupidest once they open their mouths, so the goal is to get him to talk in order to find out what your really working with.

Unless you just want to shaboingaboing and KIM.

I'm just a straight up no chaser kind of gal, so don't see the point in just staring and passing notes.

lol --ive been in this situation--sighhhhh i feel ya girl good luck-

i let him approach---when he looked i looked at him...smiled with my eyes and mouthed come over no out loud just mouthed it--he came---

i had to know something--i couldnt keep seeing mr fine everyday and not know yay or nay if he is interested or not---

he never approached prior because i wear a ring on my ring finger--but i have to it gets seriosu in nyc---anyhoo
again good luck
keep us posted

Doesn't this part of my story stick out 2 anyone:

I don't know anything about him, but one day I was looked at his eyes (he caught me) and his eyes were so red that it looked like it was bleeding! :perplexed So then he had his head down the whole ride due to that so that turned me off alittle bit too!

Doesn't this part of my story stick out 2 anyone:

um...no why should it? :look:

:lachen:J/K..either he's a weed head, an alcoholic or he's not getting any sleep....or maybe its allergies. :yep:

Maybe it's because I'm extremely picky, and that really looked bad to me that a grown man's eyes were bleeding like he had a infection or ish! I never saw anything like that b4 in my life, it was 10x worst than an regular pink eye! :nono:

Maybe it's because I'm extremely picky, and that really looked bad to me that a grown man's eyes were bleeding like he had a infection or ish! I never saw anything like that b4 in my life, it was 10x worst than an regular pink eye! :nono:

oh lawd...:lachen:it was that bad? I think you should just forget about him. :yep:

lol that doesn't sound cute or attractive....I was thinking red like cryin or tired....now that u talkin about lookin like how the people's eyes looked on 28 days, thats a different story, but is that normal look for him?

lol that doesn't sound cute or attractive....I was thinking red like cryin or tired....now that u talkin about lookin like how the people's eyes looked on 28 days, thats a different story, but is that normal look for him?

A week after I saw that, his eyes where white again like it didn't happen, or he finish taking his medicine.:perplexed (still a turn off because what the heck was he doing) Now I been watching this guy for a few months now, and I don't see no ring, most guy on the train be looking at other women "assets" but this guy never does and always playing with his phone, or listening to his cell phone.

Oooooo I almost forgot I while I was swiping my metrocard rushing to catch the train because it was just pulling into the station, I thought that it didn't go through so I was about to do it again so I didn't know it but he was right behind me and said "that's okay it went throught" (my heart dropped) and I said "ooh okay thanks! (loud enough so he could hear it). When I heard his voice I thought it would've been sexy, but it sounded just okay! :look: (so that let my hopes down)

You see him everyday while waiting on the platform in the morning for the train, he gets off everyday at the same stop as you for the second train. He's all eye candy (tall about 5'11 or 6 ft, buff, nice facial hair, nice brown skin). You're too shy to share because you get that little drop in your heart, he may look once or twice at you, or you catch him once or twice looking at you from your peripheral view. You don't know him, and he don't know you. The most you said to him was excuse me to get from one side of the train to the next.

What would you do?

I LOVE THIS!!!

Does he listen to an ipod or read a book? That's how I'd open up the conversation - "I see you on this train every morning - what'cha reading/listening to?" Or even more simple, one day make eye contact and smile. Nothing more.

You can open up a HARMLESS dialogue with him without overstepping boundaries if he is involved.

I asked a friend if slipping him a note with my name and number was okay, she said that's not a good idea. I'm way too shy for anything else.

That's too much. Plus, if he is involved, it may make things awkward for the rest of your commutes.

:lachen: This had me dying for some reason.

Girl, you are killing me with the red bloody eyes and his regular voice :lachen:.

I've been there before with this really cute dred guy that I used to see all the time on the bus and train. He used to stare at me all the time, but I was always too shy or felt crusty that day, so I would ignore him or get an ice grill on my face...stupid I know.

So one morning I was looking cute and feeling confident and I saw him walking down the block, so I decided to finally look at him and smile. My past antics must have pissed him off or turned him off because he gave me the nastiest face...and kept walking past me, I was so embarrassed.

Moral of the strory, just say hello or good morning to the guy. Better to actually speak to him then regret a missed opportunity.

I LOVE THIS!!!

Does he listen to an ipod or read a book? That's how I'd open up the conversation - "I see you on this train every morning - what'cha reading/listening to?" Or even more simple, one day make eye contact and smile. Nothing more.

You can open up a HARMLESS dialogue with him without overstepping boundaries if he is involved.

Exactly

I agree

UPDATE!

I saw him today on the train going home, and I saw this little dull silver thing on his left ring finger! So in other words...This thread is a WRAP!

Thank to everyone who posted!

:lachen::lachen:maybe he was just enjoying some herb :sekret:

I met my SO at the airport going through security. I looked up saw him......smiled and said "you look like someone I know from back home"

Him: oh yea?

Me: yea.... anyways have a good day

him: thanks you too

I went my way, he went his...... when I sat down to drink my coffee he came back to ask my name..... the rest is history

I say all of this to say.... there are many ways to break the ice. You can initiate conversation. If nothing pans out then oh well ..... but you have nothing to lose.

My friend met someone this way and they went through a roller coaster relationship afterward. Sometimes it works, though.

Back