Was this too desperate....

Hells yeah, cause dude was fishin, :lachen:
He should have just kept the phone call to himself.
Sorry OP.......

maybe he didn't because he didn't want subsequent train rides to be awkward? I'm glad he tole the truf. :yep: But, I'm also glad that you put yourself out there. It's good practice for the next one....the RIGHT one, OP.

This is so sweet.

There is a reason why you saw him again. It's nice to hear that you found the courage to make a move. It's not desperate. Life is too short one of you had to give in sooner or later ;-)

All the best

Okay here is the situation.....Last year I used to see this really handsome guy on the train every morning. Every morning he would sit next to me and I felt like he wanted to say something because it was be so obvious he would make sure to grab a seat next to me. The last time I seen him was last Sept and at that point he sat across from me cause there were no seats next to me. In any case during the whole train ride he kept staring at me and I gave a quick grin but got shy and looked away. Well this morning I came in extra early and I sat in a cart I don't usually sit in cause the train was going to leave. Well after a few stops my mystery guy gets on. Oh my I was so shock. Well I did something I would never think I would do in a million years. I quickly wrote a note on the back of a hospital card telling him he is handsome and for him to call me. I got up when it was my stop walked up to him and handed him the card and told him to read the back. While walking to get off his eyes were right on me so he made it easy. Now if he does not call I will feel salted but I guess I tried. What do you ladies think, was it too desperate? I figured I may never see him anymore so why not take the chance, that is what was going on in my mind.

Well, all I know that it's not The Rules, which I try to follow now. :lol: Good luck, though.

Yes I would not want to be the wife, he asked to see me and if I could meet up with him and I told him it is not a good idea. Ladies he did not come out and tell me he was married, I asked up front cause I did not want any surprises, and he had a long explanation not just a yes. when I used to see him before he was not wearing a ring so it is not about him taking it off to take a shower. This does not surprise me cause I know a lot of Carribean men who could careless they have a wife, you see them on dates and everything with other girls like it is ok. Things like this make me relived I am single but of course that moment passes when I see a happy couple, lol.

Now, ain't that a mess! :nono:

I'm trying to be a Rules girl now, and the book says when you don't follow the Rules, you end up getting hurt. So, basically, if you had not asked this guy if he was married, he would have strung you along and possibly had you be party to an affair with him. A doggone shame! :nono: He didn't make a move, because he knew it wasn't right from the start.

Not at all.., I did something similar to that and it worked out just fine. Like someone else said, if he doesn't call his loss. You did your part and you did great.

Awwww, sorry about that. At least, now you know. Hope he sits away from you next time he is on the train.

Unfortunately ladies he just called and he is married of course I had to ask about that. I am not sure why he freaken called. I was like God if he is taken just make him not call. Anyways that is all I had to hear to be like it was nice meeting you but I am not trying to get to know anyones husband. I think married men need to wear their rings, I hate when they don't it makes single girls like me think they are fair game. Well whatever I am glad I found out cause I would constantly wonder what happened to him and wish he had approached me. I know why now.

Now, ain't that a mess! :nono:

I'm trying to be a Rules girl now, and the book says when you don't follow the Rules, you end up getting hurt. So, basically, if you had not asked this guy if he was married, he would have strung you along and possibly had you be party to an affair with him. A doggone shame! :nono: He didn't make a move, because he knew it wasn't right from the start.

Exactly...once I read that he would always stare but not make a move, I KNEW there was a reason. And not that he was shy either. If a man is interested (and most of the time, if he's not taken), he WILL make a move. Now if something had transpired between this guy and the OP, all he would have to say is, "Well, SHE was the one trying to get with ME!" The Rules and WMLB/WMMB make life and dating SO much easier!

Yes I would not want to be the wife, he asked to see me and if I could meet up with him and I told him it is not a good idea. Ladies he did not come out and tell me he was married, I asked up front cause I did not want any surprises, and he had a long explanation not just a yes. when I used to see him before he was not wearing a ring so it is not about him taking it off to take a shower. This does not surprise me cause I know a lot of Carribean men who could careless they have a wife, you see them on dates and everything with other girls like it is ok. Things like this make me relived I am single but of course that moment passes when I see a happy couple, lol.

Noooooooo! :sad: Just when I thought we'd run across a decent guy. :nono:

Let this be a LESSON to us ladies! When I was dating about 5 years ago I went out on a lunch date with a handsome man. He brought a basket of wine and cheese to the date. (we met there on my lunch hour) He was cool. He had only spoken on the phone about 2 times and it was always brief. Part of the reason I got together with him for lunch was because I was so busy and too busy to sit on the phone.

ANYWAY....as we were sitting there enjoying lunch, something coy in me just thought I would ask was he married as a joke. Don't you know dis fool said yes? :lachen: All I could do was sit there and LMAO! I mean, I was :rofl: at the table in a crowded restaurant. it was so surreal, I thought I was being punked. :rofl: He was serious as a heart attack too. When I told him there was nothing I could do with him and that I was leaving he said, "AT LEAST I TOLD THE TRUTH" :lachen:

I just had to laugh at my own stupidity...because if I'd just asked at the outset, I wouldn't have had to waste my time which, was really at a premium that week. But, I also was :rofl: that this joker actually thought that I would be desparate enough to get with his raggedy tail.

At least he was honest.

But this is what I meant in my statement... most times, if a man is cheesing at me for a lengthy period of time and doesn't do anything, there's usually a reason.

Like, being taken.

Not worth me worrying about it... because if he wants me, he'll do something besides cheese at me like a Cheshire cat.

Exactly. Sooooo true.

*sigh* this scares me about men. at least he called and said he was married but the fact that he dragged it out was terrible. lots of men don't wear their wedding ring. my father doesn't wear his but he doesn't like to fiddle with things on his finger. my former employer and her husband do not wear wedding bands at all.

i just met a guy at a party at a bar a few nights ago and he was the one chatting up my friends and i and he was really cool. exchanging facebook info and he said he had a GF. i didn't see issue with it before but now i'm like, i don't wanna be in touch with him! i would hate to be his GF! but if he's out at bars chatting up all of these girls and stuff.... what the hell?!

Let this be a LESSON to us ladies! When I was dating about 5 years ago I went out on a lunch date with a handsome man. He brought a basket of wine and cheese to the date. (we met there on my lunch hour) He was cool. He had only spoken on the phone about 2 times and it was always brief. Part of the reason I got together with him for lunch was because I was so busy and too busy to sit on the phone.

ANYWAY....as we were sitting there enjoying lunch, something coy in me just thought I would ask was he married as a joke. Don't you know dis fool said yes? :lachen: All I could do was sit there and LMAO! I mean, I was :rofl: at the table in a crowded restaurant. it was so surreal, I thought I was being punked. :rofl: He was serious as a heart attack too. When I told him there was nothing I could do with him and that I was leaving he said, "AT LEAST I TOLD THE TRUTH" :lachen:

I just had to laugh at my own stupidity...because if I'd just asked at the outset, I wouldn't have had to waste my time which, was really at a premium that week. But, I also was :rofl: that this joker actually thought that I would be desparate enough to get with his raggedy tail.

How sad we now have to ask the guy we want to go out on a date with if they are married. :nono:

Back