Oh, He’s Smooth.

:lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

The way I hollered when I was reading after I realized he quoted Jesse Powell's song!

I can't believe a few of ya'll never heard that song before. It was pretty popular back in the day.

That was also my best friend's song at his wedding.

As far as the woman in the story, I wish her the best, but she's exactly the type of woman that needs (and clearly does not have) a rotation.

She already put herself in a position to lose when she had to ask for a confirmation of love, which is why he is probably able to play her like that.

Next he will hit her with the "what's understood doesn't have to be explained" defense.

I hope she can turn things around and flip the script, or find someone else who is able to reciprocate her feelings.

She already put herself in a position to lose when she had to ask for a confirmation of love, which is why he is probably able to play her like that.
:yep:

I wanted to post something but also didn't want to deviate from the lightheartedness that was intended by the op, but since the bolded was posted (which I totally agree with) I'm going to give my 2 cents.
*disclaimer* I'm no relationship expert.
So... I have never, ever, ever in my life ever asked for a confirmation of love from a man or anyone else for that fact, NEVER! And I never will.
The men who have loved me/been in love with me, though they did state it, always showed love 1st by their actions. By the time "I love you" was said I already knew from their actions (and therefore believed it).
I was raised very lovingly (some may say a bit spoiled:look:) and I was told & shown love, even from my arsehole of a father, so I never thought to ask if anyone loved me. Either you do and you show & tell me or you don't.

So, not only does she have to ask for confirmation of love, boyfriend can't even give it to her, which I'm not surprised by. Seemingly this not something he says on the regular or at all even when asked if he does.

Also, asking if a man loves you can come off as desperate, I'm not saying always, but in this case it does.

I know!! Maybe I’m single because I would've totally called him out on that.
I would've never asked in the 1st place.:nono:

She said, “Tell me you love me.”

She then said, “I want you to say it.”

And he still didn’t say, “I love you.” For me, at my age, I would find his response frustrating. But I also wouldn’t have asked him that in the first, especially in public. The fact that she asked twice and he still didn’t really say it outright makes me pause and go hmmm.

A friend and I were talking recently and we were saying how some men give you a lot but never exactly what you want. You want apple pie with ice cream and they give you blueberry pie with whip cream. You ask again for apple pie and they give you peach cobbler. They are indeed giving you something, appearing to try to please you, and yet they never quite give you exactly what you want. Men like that make me pause. And women pursuing like her make me pause as well.
A TO THE MEN!

That’s kind of you, but always speak your mind, Sis! I’m happy that a lot of people are sharing useful insights. Including you! Good points.
:yep:

I wanted to post something but also didn't want to deviate from the lightheartedness that was intended by the op, but since the bolded was posted (which I totally agree with) I'm going to give my 2 cents.
*disclaimer* I'm no relationship expert.
So... I have never, ever, ever in my life ever asked for a confirmation of love from a man or anyone else for that fact, NEVER! And I never will.
The men who have loved me/been in love with me, though they did state it, always showed love 1st by their actions. By the time "I love you" was said I already knew from their actions (and therefore believed it).
I was raised very lovingly (some may say a bit spoiled:look:) and I was told & shown love, even from my arsehole of a father, so I never thought to ask if anyone loved me. Either you do and you show & tell me or you don't.

So, not only does she have to ask for confirmation of love, boyfriend can't even give it to her, which I'm not surprised by. Seemingly this not something he says on the regular or at all even when asked if he does.

Also, asking if a man loves you can come off as desperate, I'm not saying always, but in this case it does.

I would've never asked in the 1st place.:nono:

Not sure this story belongs in this thread but I was reminded of it by the answers here. My cousin was with her boyfriend for 10 years. Yes 10 years. She gave him her entire 20s. She just told me that during that whole time he never bought her a birthday gift. His excuse? “I think so highly of you that I never could find a gift that was worthy”. o_O Of course she always went all out for HIS birthday. You live and you learn.

Not sure this story belongs in this thread but I was reminded of it by the answers here. My cousin was with her boyfriend for 10 years. Yes 10 years. She gave him her entire 20s. She just told me that during that whole time he never bought her a birthday gift. His excuse? “I think so highly of you that I never could find a gift that was worthy”. o_O Of course she always went all out for HIS birthday. You live and you learn.

*Sigh* We as women have to do better. :nono:

If you don't mind sharing, what ended up being the demise of their relationship?

Ain't no way I'm spending that much time in a relationship with a man that ain't my husband.

I worked with a woman that basically did the same thing, but it was more like she gave him 7 or eight of her "best" years. She was waiting on a proposal that never came. Of course, they broke up and she was bitter and jaded after the fact.

I found out later through a mutual acquaintance that she was way more into him than he was into her.

If you don't mind sharing, what ended up being the demise of their relationship?
Lawwwddd... where do I begin? There were so many red flags. The final straw was when he told her that he wishes he could spend her birthday and the holidays with her but he didn’t have the means (they were long distance for a while). Well things worked in his favor and he found the means to come up for the holidays (for about 2 weeks)! He came up to see her alright. He stayed with her exactly for 2 days and then took off and spent the rest of his trip in a different state with his family. She was pissed because she was expecting a proposal instead. She immediately went ghost on his @$$ and found out that he’s been cheating for years.

Back