TWA Support Thread

Wow. Busy day! Was exciting to be seeing friends for dinner--plus I knew there were gonna be some single guys. lol. Went to the gym berfor hand. Dang. Sweated out my twist out! And I mean serious revert--straight cotton ball that was tighttighttight to the scalp. Like there was no air hitting my scalp tight!

There was NO time to twist and dry and all that. So I did a WNG with serious texture. Slapped on 3x more fax seed gel than normal first before sealing. Know what? Best WNG I ever had. Major curl definition! Sealed on top with castor and it puffed up just right!

Too bad the single dudes were WAAAAAAAAY too young, too old, or two fat. Or all the above. :))

Wow. Busy day! Was exciting to be seeing friends for dinner--plus I knew there were gonna be some single guys. lol. Went to the gym berfor hand. Dang. Sweated out my twist out! And I mean serious revert--straight cotton ball that was tighttighttight to the scalp. Like there was no air hitting my scalp tight!

There was NO time to twist and dry and all that. So I did a WNG with serious texture. Slapped on 3x more fax seed gel than normal first before sealing. Know what? Best WNG I ever had. Major curl definition! Sealed on top with castor and it puffed up just right!

Too bad the single dudes were WAAAAAAAAY too young, too old, or two fat. Or all the above. :))

At least you learned something new. Did you get 2nd day hair with it?

I made the kimmay tube leave-in with the taliah waajid mist bodifier. So far my hair likes it the best. I have plenty more things to experiment with though. I will probably keep going with this one until the mist bodifier is gone then switch to another product.

What's funny is I wish I could get your results. I want the fro and instead I have the Gerber baby hair do lol

I wish I could give it to you :lol: For my face going through the whole twa growing out stage is not attractive :nono: But going to work it the best I can.

So work it girl! since I can give it to you. :grin:

Hi ladies! I'm still here with my stupid hair. I am just holding out to get my extensions. Probably box braids. Then I can leave my hair alone and not be self conscious. I've been GHE'ing every once in awhile for a few hour at a time and my hair is really responding well. I haven't had to use any product at all. I spritzed an itty bitty amount of Taliah Waajid PMB on my fingers and applied it to a couple pieces. But it's this GHE'ing that's blowing my mind. I did it once overnight. Will be doing it again overnight tonight

Hi ladies! I'm still here with my stupid hair. I am just holding out to get my extensions. Probably box braids. Then I can leave my hair alone and not be self conscious. I've been GHE'ing every once in awhile for a few hour at a time and my hair is really responding well. I haven't had to use any product at all. I spritzed an itty bitty amount of Taliah Waajid PMB on my fingers and applied it to a couple pieces. But it's this GHE'ing that's blowing my mind. I did it once overnight. Will be doing it again overnight tonight

kupenda, how are you doing it. Are you using a baggy, scarf, bonnet? bonnet, baggy, scarf? And you are doing it on dry hair?

What results are you noticing?

Broke down and bought KCKT...

What I'm trying out to combat the dryness:

(1) continue daily cowash
(2) after CW spritz with h2o/ condish/ AVJ mix
(3) KCKT as leave-in. I think my hair may respond better to the thinner consistency
(4) moisturize at night and cover with scarf/ bonnet (haven't been doing this)
(5) DC Weekly

Hi ladies,
I'm still getting used to my TWA. I don't wear my natural hair out yet. I'm still rocking my wigs. My regimen is still a work in progress. So far I've decided to:
-Clarify and do a protein treatment monthly
-Shampoo/DC weekly
-Cowash 3-4 mornings per week
-Moisturize and seal every night
-Baggy at night. I've been doing this for the past 5 nights and so far so good. I massage Bee Mine growth serum into my scalp and massage every night. Then I put on a plastic cap under my satin bonnet.

I think I am getting a lot of breakage because it's really tough trying to work with my hair at this length. I have to moisturize my hair at least daily. Once I moisturize it, its impossible to keep it from shrinking. To stretch it out some I have to comb it. Don't see any way around it at this point. It is too short and too tight to finger comb. And its still too short to twist up at night without it taking forever.

I will try to minimize the breakage but I need another 1" to 2" of hair to be able to do something with it.

faithVA
A few times I just applied my plastic cap (one or two) on dry hair followed by my hair scarf. The material is not satiny, it's kinda thick. Other times I've spritzed with a small amount of water if my hair felt really dry before applying the cap and scarf. I don't use a bonnet because it was hell on my edges as a relaxed head and my natural hair seems a bit more fragile now. I either do it overnight or for at least two hours. When I take the cap and scarf off I just fluff up what got squished overnight and KIM.

Oh! And faithVA I have very little breakage compared to before, my hair stays feeling moist throughout the day, my elasticity has increased and I don't have this desire to shampoo as often. My scalp oils seem to be doing their job! My hair isn't oily but if you touch it, a light sheen will be on your fingers. I haven't used any product except that penny size amount of PMB and even that was not applied all over my head. It's been maybe two weeks, maybe slightly less. I wonder if my hair smells...

Last edited:
A friend of mine cheered me up by drawing all my short twist at nose length, thick eyelashes, and perfect eyebrows. He even got my leader twist at full neck length. Sometimes we need to see the vision.
0lptW.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

ETA: That is my goal hair right there. Hoping to get close by December.

My hair is definitely growing. Was able to put in bigger twists tonight. Let's see how it comes out tomorrow. Nonie suggested I try the S-Curl again. So cowashed with Deva Care One, rinsed and let the hair dry a bit. I applied the S-Curl and twisted it up. It doubt if I have much definition but let's see if its stretched. And let's see how it feels. :yep:

Did an impromptu length check: top is 3"/ back and sides are 2" I had a tapered cut. faithVA is UR hair longer than mine? I can't imagine doing twists on my hair :lol:

Did an impromptu length check: top is 3"/ back and sides are 2" I had a tapered cut. @faithVA is UR hair longer than mine? I can't imagine doing twists on my hair :lol:

When I cut at the beginning of the month my front was at 2.5" and the rest was at 2". I think I have gained 1/2" since then. Each week it gets a little easier to twist. I could flat twist most of it when I first cut. Last night I actually 2 strand twisted all of it. The back is the hardest. I must have cut it the shortest.

Each month it should get a little easier.

faithVA said:
When I cut at the beginning of the month my front was at 2.5" and the rest was at 2". I think I have gained 1/2" since then. Each week it gets a little easier to twist. I could flat twist most of it when I first cut. Last night I actually 2 strand twisted all of it. The back is the hardest. I must have cut it the shortest.

Each month it should get a little easier.

Ok cool. I'm not very talented or creative so that may be y

My curls feel springy/ spongy in a good way. I've been moisturizing with tresemme naturals/ AVJ/ water spritz topped with Kinky Curly Knot Today. :love:

I've eliminated oils. I just haven't seen any benefits. Oil seems to coat my strands and make moisturizing harder :confused:

Last edited:
I am going to try a different method for my hair.

Starting tonight I will
...Mist, Moisturize
...Then I will let it dry a bit
...Then use my texturizing method, but overdefine it. I usuaally keep it more fro like but I will texturize it until the twists are tight.
...Then I will GHE, bonnet, baggy, bonnet overnight.

In the morning I will
...Remove my caps
...Seal with oil
...Let my hair dry a bit
...Loosen my twist

Maybe this will work a bit better. It's worth a try.

My curls feel springy/ spongy in a good way. I've been moisturizing with tresemme naturals/ AVJ/ water spritz topped with Kinky Curly Knot Today. :love:

I've eliminated oils. I just haven't seen any benefits. Oil seems to coat my strands and make moisturizing harder :confused:

Listen to your hair. If it doesn't like the oils then no problem leaving them off.

My hair likes the lighter oils like sunflower and grapeseed oil. When I use these my hair feels softer. And they don't last very long. By the end of the day they are gone. Anything else does nothing for my hair.

I'm very particular about using African Royale braid spray for my cornrows, but its hard for me to find without ordering it on the net. :ohwell:

I bought a brand that I've only tried once before instead because I was desperate. Pleasantly surprised. My hair feels really soft and easy to comb:yep:

I took the pics of my twist but probably won't upload them until the weekend.

So tonight I misted with water, applied kimmay tube leave-in, then baggied for 25 minutes. Then I twisted into small twist. I probably have 50 twists on my head. Then I put on my bonnet, plastic bag and 2nd bonnet.

I totally forgot I was supposed to be texturizing tonight and then doing the GHE. Guess I will do it tomorrow.

@faithVA @DarkJoy

Next time u guys do twists will u take pics? I need to visualize to see if I can manage
I do flat twists, APrayer4Hair. I'll take pics... won't be til this weekend. This week, it's all about the wash and go.

faithVA to answer your question upstream--yes, I'm getting 3 day hair! Gotta wear fistfuls of flaxseed gel, though. Doesn't seem to bother the hair as long as I put a thick oil (castor) on... and it's crispy! Like a bunch of Cheetos :lachen:

Thanx guys!

OAN: ALOE VERA JUICE HAS SAVED MY HAIR LIFE!!

Ever since I've been misting with the AVJ/H2O/con mix my hair has been super soft!!

Vanthie said:
Hmm, might have to try this:grin:

Let me know how it turns out. The only downside I've noticed is my hair is so moisturized it's completely shrunken. I think I'll try using a pik on my roots.

Please provide:

1. BC date --- Can't exactly remember I believe the month of May 2012 ( I had been transitioning since October but my hair kept breaking so I decided to BC)

2. Hair type/ describe your hair --- 4bish I can see a tight curl pattern, my hair is dry and prone to split ends and ssks, thick and denser in the front than back

3. Reggie/Products

• I usually wash once a week with Shea Moisture Raw Shea Shampoo
  • I switch between Shea Moisture and AOHSR for Co-Washing 1-3x week
  • (I use Trader Joes Tea Tree Tingle to co-wash when my scalp is itchy but I do not want to shampoo)
  • I am no longer oiling my scalp with coconut oil

4. Goal(s)--- hip length or bra strap length unstretched

This is my second time bcing. I was successful in growing out my hair back in 09 but it was still prone to dryness

Attachments

• 75051_157659304269485_100000762502884_246976_5755808_n.jpg
    75051_157659304269485_100000762502884_246976_5755808_n.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0844.JPG
    IMG_0844.JPG
    256 KB · Views: 28
Back