Transitioning without BC'ing Support Thread

This is why I won't go back to texlaxing, uneven results. I hate this straight segment in my hair and it will take forever to grow it out.

OAN I BC'd a small segment at the back of my head. I can see how people can end up doing an impulsive BC, but I like length too much for that.

Attachments

• image-1458388086.jpg
    image-1458388086.jpg
    449.5 KB · Views: 69
I got a new flat iron. I am still going to get my other one, but I plan on washing my hair tomorrow and needed something. I also bought that tresemme heat protectant spray everyone seems to like.

I can't wait to wash my hair and see how my new growth is holding up with this treatment! I got my hair in a bun right now. I will wash my hair today and won't wash again until Saturday if time permits.

I can't wait to wash my hair and see how my new growth is holding up with this treatment! I got my hair in a bun right now. I will wash my hair today and won't wash again until Saturday if time permits.

I'm glad you enjoyed it. Are you using their maintenance products to wash your hair?

Hi ladies! I guess I'm a part of this club too! I am 15 months post relaxer and just now starting to get the urge to BC (until I see my hair on wash day and realize that it's still not long enough for me to be happy without the relaxed ends...)

Wash day was great! I was slow as a turtle, but I enjoyed the process! I washed and conditioned my hair in the shower. The conditioner didn't have a ton of slip, so I didn't manipulate my hair. Once I rinsed, I used my detangling spray and leave in. I also used the tresemme heat protectant! I like it a lot! It's not oily, and has a liquid consistency. My hair felt really conditioned.

I blow dried my hair on cool and medium. My hair felt so soft. I used my new flat iron. My hair got straight in one pass, but I had to turn the heat up close to 400 degrees to get my roots straight.

My hair was salon straight and I didn't have that stuff feeling. I played around in the mirror. Then I decided play time was over and bunned my hair. Bum looks nice and neat.

I am so close y'all. I am this close to doing the BC. I am just tired of being attached to long hair. Tired of thinking I'll be ugly with short hair. Tired of fighting with two textures. Tired of waiting to see my curls. Tired of waiting on getting a man first before I BC. Just so TIRED!!!!!
hang in there. If you feel you are really ready to BC then go ahead. I bc'd in August after 15 months of transitioning. I had never had short hair and I never had dealt with my natural hair. I been really enjoying my natural hair and I'm glad I cut it when I did it released a lot of stress I had with the two textures, and it given me a chance learn how to work with my while its at a manageable length. It's your hair and its your decision how you choose to wear it.

I am so close y'all. I am this close to doing the BC.
I am just tired of being attached to long hair.
Tired of thinking I'll be ugly with short hair.
Tired of fighting with two textures.
Tired of waiting to see my curls.
Tired of waiting on getting a man first before I BC.
Just so TIRED!!!!!
DanitheBee, *sings* "You are not alone. I am here with you." I'll be two yrs post in July, the struggle is real. :nono: SO was like, 'Cool, but you not cutting it short, right? :badcop:' :lachen: You know how he is. :rolleyes:

Any suggestions for combating SSKs at the nape?
divachyk, Nope, but if you find one, please let me know. The hair is so fine back there, I hesitate to even finger detangle. :down:

Honey Bee flyygirlll2 do you trim them off or just let them stay on the strand?

divachyk sometimes I cut them if they're too knotted up on the strand and I can't remove them. I'll be honest though, the ones at my nape are horrible and this week I've yanked some of them out of frustration. I don't know what else to do with my hair anymore, I'm at my wits end with it. I might just do a Komaza Analysis cause idk anymore. I'm just so frustrated.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF please excuse typos

divachyk I wish I knew the secret to preventing them. Sometimes I can work them out but most of the time I just snip them off. I figure they come with the journey so I don't stress about them too much anymore. They aren't too plentiful in my hair that I've noticed so I just live and let live.

I get SSK too. I always assumed it was from how I roll my ends tight with satin rollers. I usually ignore them since my ends are relaxed.

I've been getting a few "your hair got longer" comments, but I know it's because of the thickness gained from transitioning. My hair is mostly the same length.

This is why I plan on just heat styling or stretching with rollers. When I decide to just wear my natural texture, I will go back to locs. My hair coils on itself now and I'm relaxed/texlaxed.

Last edited:
A tip for keeping ssk away that I heard before is keeping the hair stretched

H0tPinkButtafly, I've heard / read this before but the area in which I'm getting them is in my kitchen...the tiny section of hair right at the hairline. So, I can't really do much stretching to this area. Thankfully, I'm not getting them anywhere else. I kinda assumed my kitchen is getting them from wearing wigs as this area seems to make its way out of the wig cap every single time.

H0tPinkButtafly, I've heard / read this before but the area in which I'm getting them is in my kitchen...the tiny section of hair right at the hairline. So, I can't really do much stretching to this area. Thankfully, I'm not getting them anywhere else. I kinda assumed my kitchen is getting them from wearing wigs as this area seems to make its way out of the wig cap every single time.
could you do a braid in that area?

I feel ya. I'm halfway through a 36 month transition as well. You should see the looks I get. But oh well. Keep holding on!
wow! That is a long transition! Normally people go for up to 2 years! Hey can I deep condition while on this reversion treatment? Or just in general?

Back