Transitioning without BC'ing Support Thread

I think I will do a hot oil treatment under the dryer for some conditioning, instead of putting a water based product on my hair. I won't dc until the six weeks is up or went my hair reverts back.

I decided to pamper my hair, so I did an oil treatment, light protein, and dc'ed. Next week will be my last week before I start the beautiful textures application again. I really like it and will continue to use the system. So it's official! I decided to transition back to natural. I'm not going to make a big announment until July, when I can really see how my hair is holding up! I will be six months post by then. I'm glad a product like this was created! I hate being put in a box. Doing those treatments this morning caused some reversion. I sort of let my hair air dry. I didn't want to, but life got in the way. I plan on blow drying and flat ironing my hair later.

Last edited:
its so easy to be like 6 months post now but when the hot weather comes :cry3:
idk how ill do it.
i think im around 7 mths post now

just checked my old laptop
i last relaxed in late aug

Last edited:
Okayyyy... So 15months post and still counting. I'm on my way to my 24 months deadline. The only thing is that I've been snipping away at my relaxed ends so much that there are no more relaxed hairs left. :nono: :nono:

Seriously - I think I'm all natural now.... Take a look

Attachments

• photo_20150316_003030.jpg
    photo_20150316_003030.jpg
    254.3 KB · Views: 104
  • photo_20150316_010199.jpg
    photo_20150316_010199.jpg
    211.8 KB · Views: 127
I'm past 19 months post- I feel natural. I have no relaxed hair in the back and a little bit of it in the front. Meh. That was anti climactic which is just the way I like it- I don't have a big chop personality....

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I'm LOVING this natural hair thing. My hair is pretty large for 22 1/2 months. My density is pretty decent, not Naptural85 status, but still pretty dag'on BIG!

I'm still wearing my wigs consistently though. BSL is my goal by December and god as my witness I'm going to reach it. Though I'm going to be 100% honest I have no idea what length I am now. I was SL when I bc'ed, but now I think i'm inching up on APL. I think I may be somewhere in between.

imagejpeg_2.jpg

I'm LOVING this natural hair thing. My hair is pretty large for 22 1/2 months. My density is pretty decent, not Naptural85 status, but still pretty dag'on BIG! I'm still wearing my wigs consistently though. BSL is my goal by December and god as my witness I'm going to reach it. Though I'm going to be 100% honest I have no idea what length I am now. I was SL when I bc'ed, but now I think i'm inching up on APL. I think I may be somewhere in between.

I LOVE IT! LAWD! You make me want to chop but I'll hold off hopefully.

Thank you for keeping us updated. I appreciate it

I LOVE IT! LAWD! You make me want to chop but I'll hold off hopefully.

Thank you for keeping us updated. I appreciate it

Thanks hun! :bighug:

GIRL KEEP GOING! I can't wait to swap transitioning stories with other naturals and brag about how I know a girl who transitioned for 3 years :lol:. I'm lame like that.

I'm past 19 months post- I feel natural. I have no relaxed hair in the back and a little bit of it in the front. Meh. That was anti climactic which is just the way I like it- I don't have a big chop personality....

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF
I'm almost 21 months post and I feel pretty much natural too. I'm nominally holding off because SO expressed a preference and I like to make him feel like he's running things. :look: I'll probably go ahead and bc soon, but now I'm thinking about haircuts and all that. It's too much, so I'm stalling. :spinning: :lol:

I've hit a challenge where my hair feels dry & things aren't going right. I'll give it two more weeks and if there is no calm after the storm then it's a done deal. The relaxer is calling my name. :look:

I don't see why not. I still DC. How's it going BTW?
it's going good! I didn't get a chance to blow dry or use heat this last wash day. I had to go out and get my holy grail detangling spray though. I washed my hair in the kitchen sink...yeah that's not something I can do! I could probably wash, but I gotta get in the shower to rinse the conditioner out!

divachyk Maybe you can use a humectant moisturizer. Like Scurl.
a transitioner's tried and true! How many times are you spraying your new growth? Are you wearing your hair out pinned up? I can't really use glycerin based products on my hair. It feels good at first, the it just turns on me! Hawaiian Silky 14 n 1 is nice too as well as their moisturizing gel. Long aid activator gel is nice too! Try a spray and the gel and wear a bun.

Last edited:
a transitioner's tried and true! How many times are you spraying your new growth? Are you wearing your hair out pinned up? I can't really use glycerin based products on my hair. It feels good at first, the it just turns on me! Hawaiian Silky 14 n 1 is nice too as well as their moisturizing gel. Long aid activator gel is nice too! Try a spray and the gel and wear a bun.

2x Daily. I've been wearing wigs so I've been in plaits. Those moisturizers are hit and miss. I go a while where they are golden and then they just stop working. Apparently the relative humidity and dew points shifts quickly in my area which impacts the performance of those products in my hair. shortdub78

2x Daily. I've been wearing wigs so I've been in plaits. Those moisturizers are hit and miss. I go a while where they are golden and then they just stop working. Apparently the relative humidity and dew points shifts quickly in my area which impacts the performance of those products in my hair. shortdub78
well either way, I know you will get to the bottom of it! I just wanna see your hair! Lol

I did a big mini chop.... I am staying in a sew in fir the next year and the natural part of my hair works with me while the relaxed part doesn't. I'm about shoulder length (with some relaxed ends still) but I am keeping my long weave in till My natural hair is back to bsl

Transitioning is much easier in a weave

A new hire asked if I was mixed the other day. I told her no and she said she asked because my hair was so full.

I nearly fell out my chair I was so flattered lol and told her thanks I'm going natural.

My hair was flat ironed that day but it was pretty humid so it did fluff up a bit.

I love hair compliments and I can't wait to get to my goal to show that black women can have long hair.

My hair took a beating today... I dusted my ends to make me feel better about what I did to her! The detangling and blow drying was torturous! I am going to get some of those Aveda products or try that other treatment that was suggested.

I'm 17 months post (was going to BC at 24) but I just BC about 70% of my head as I type this.
image-670443014.jpg
I blow drying my hair and putting perm rods in for the night. It's already 1:54am. Don't think I'll BC the front all the way because my new growth and relaxed ends blend to a T. So I guess it will look like a long bob. I don't mind... And at 17 months my hair fits into a banana clip which is a thumbs up.

So... I big chopped last month at 30 months post! My LHCF subscription ended and I didn't renew right away. But I'm back with a handful of pics! :grin:

I think I'm grazing BSB. I'd like to be full BSL by the end of summer. I'm a slow grower (around 1/4" a month) so I think this is a realistic first goal for me.

It's been said a million times in here but if you're thinking about doing the big chip... DO IT! I absolutely love my hair. Now I'm obsessed with pictures and even made IG. If any of you ladies are on there let me know. :lol:

Attachments

• image-543193270.jpg
    image-543193270.jpg
    483.9 KB · Views: 135
  • image-3474156769.jpg
    image-3474156769.jpg
    431.5 KB · Views: 132
  • image-1046127870.jpg
    image-1046127870.jpg
    447.8 KB · Views: 130
  • image-4280251510.jpg
    image-4280251510.jpg