Transitioning without BC'ing Support Thread

Anyone in this thread used the beautiful textures naturally straight? I thought about getting the Aveda one, but you have to use it five times to get the straightness you want. I'm thinking about getting this instead of a touch up in April, so I can stretch until June. I want to have enough new growth. Y'all know I'm trying to transition to texlaxed.

Anyone in this thread used the beautiful textures naturally straight? I thought about getting the Aveda one, but you have to use it five times to get the straightness you want. I'm thinking about getting this instead of a touch up in April, so I can stretch until June. I want to have enough new growth. Y'all know I'm trying to transition to texlaxed.

shortdub78 I believe coolsista-paris used it and her results were nice. I saw this in Walgreens and was thinking about getting it for myself but I'm still on the fence. My hair requires a lot of heat to get it straight so I'm still debating what to do.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF please excuse typos

I've never tried it, but i would like too. There is a thread about the product. If i find it, I'll bump it for you.

I have done the silk elements kera minerals smoothing system twice. My hair reverted back both times.

I plan to do it again in May.

How long does this last? I wash my hair twice a week. Does it smooth out the kinks?

The first time it lasted 3 weeks :look: I wanted to see how long it will last without washing.

I just did another one on Valentines day and I washed it out this morning.

It made my hair stronger but the kinks came back as soon as the water hit.

My hair is in a bun but Saturday I will blow dry the roots and roller set to see if the treatment is still effective.

The first time it lasted 3 weeks :look: I wanted to see how long it will last without washing. I just did another one on Valentines day and I washed it out this morning. It made my hair stronger but the kinks came back as soon as the water hit. My hair is in a bun but Saturday I will blow dry the roots and roller set to see if the treatment is still effective.
did it make your hair dry? Where you able to use other products during the process?

Well I just bought the Beautiful Textures Manageability System. Don't know when I'm going to use it since I've been keeping my hair in twist so I won't be bothered with my hair lol so this was partially a impulse buy .

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF please excuse typos

shortdub78 I believe coolsista-paris used it and her results were nice. I saw this in Walgreens and was thinking about getting it for myself but I'm still on the fence. My hair requires a lot of heat to get it straight so I'm still debating what to do. Sent from my iPhone using LHCF please excuse typos

hi ladies.
yup i used it twice (one box gave me 2 applications ). dont use too much, if you over use the product results will not be there.
anyway , it worked well for me. when i worked out i would tighten may hair and use a band on the hair.
what i noticed is that when it was humid outside or rained my hair did not poof up. isually it does.
also, on wash day my hair was so soft and easy to detangle . it does stretch your curls. that stays as long as you use the shampoo and condit given (in order for your hair to keep acting the same with the product)
as soon as you clarify: boom, normal shrinkage is back :)

my last pics :

image-1111001669.jpg

image-1881826516.jpg

image-722364185.jpg

image-1955016561.jpg

in january. hope i helped :)

Well I just bought the Beautiful Textures Manageability System. Don't know when I'm going to use it since I've been keeping my hair in twist so I won't be bothered with my hair lol so this was partially a impulse buy . Sent from my iPhone using LHCF please excuse typos

i almost bought stuff the other day when i know i must finish all the products i have...... a lot! lol
so, im stayîng away from hair stores

hi ladies. yup i used it twice (one box gave me 2 applications ). dont use too much, if you over use the product results will not be there. anyway , it worked well for me. when i worked out i would tighten may hair and use a band on the hair. what i noticed is that when it was humid outside or rained my hair did not poof up. isually it does. also, on wash day my hair was so soft and easy to detangle . it does stretch your curls. that stays as long as you use the shampoo and condit given (in order for your hair to keep acting the same with the product) as soon as you clarify: boom, normal shrinkage is back :) my last pics : in january. hope i helped :)
thank you! I was most concerned about wash day. I like to wash my hair often and wanted to see if it would make the new growth manageable for a short period of time.

thank you! I was most concerned about wash day. I like to wash my hair often and wanted to see if it would make the new growth manageable for a short period of time.
what are the shampoo and conditioner like? The shampoo and conditioner I'm currently using is working for me.

I'm only about 2-2.5 months post and my new growth is so thick the my ends looks ridiculously thin. My friends tell me that I need to
Fix my ends because they are thin. They aren't buy my new growth makes it look so. Also when I straighten my hair the top is all poofy. I look ridiculous. So I just slap it in a sorry looking bun

Okay sooo...I'm starting to regret cutting my sides :lol: my hair is over here looking crazy now. This gives me a more realistic idea of shrinkage and how my braidouts will look though. Yeah...this transition isn't ending any time soon!

I miss the 2 inches I cut off a few weeks ago. I'm not cutting again (just trims) until I reach WL and then I'll just maintain there until my texlaxed hair is gone.

oh i see. on wash day my hair was soft, and felt loosened. it was easier tu detangle .
but you must use their shampoo and condit to avoid your normal shrinkage .

what are the shampoo and conditioner like? The shampoo and conditioner I'm currently using is working for me.

they are the ones in the box kit. i needed more amount if i wanted my loosened curls effect to last longer .

my friend tried the ors straightening system. cheaper but i dont know if the results will be nice on me. i really wanna try some day

Here's a silly yet basic question for kinky haired type 4s: what does the natural hsir suppose to feel like during the week when stretching or transitioning? All of this is new territory and I'm just trying to better understand -- should it remain soft and springy from wash day to wash day or does it tend to get dry, shrink and get compacted.

Here's a silly yet basic question for kinky haired type 4s: what does the natural hsir suppose to feel like during the week when stretching or transitioning? All of this is new territory and I'm just trying to better understand -- should it remain soft and springy from wash day to wash day or does it tend to get dry, shrink and get compacted.

If it gets dry, crunchy or shrinks too much it just needs moisture. Think about how a raisin feels compared to a grape. Our dry vs moisture hair can be like night and day. I never transitioned, but I heat train so ends behave like texlaxed hair.

Back