Transitioning without BC'ing Support Thread

11 months post and I noticed this little cutie today next to my ear lol....

It's blurry but can someone take a shot at what the pattern is. That one portion is natural due to my "um impulsive" cut last month.

Attachments

• 10455581_10100268740385479_1914139744169585837_n.jpg
    10455581_10100268740385479_1914139744169585837_n.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 69
46 weeks post

I am at a little past apl which is a good length to continue this transition. My ends looked so thin so I had cut then a little. I am sticking to cutting every 6months a couple inches. I'm looking forward to being mbl because it has been the nicest length I've had. But mbl natural will hopefully be even better when my hair is thick and natural

52 weeks and some change. I need to find a braider before school starts. Can't be starting class looking like who shot Farmer John :look: I'm pretty sure I'm about to turn into the girl that never wears her hair out. That's okay though :lol: I'll wear it out for my wedding in a million years :rofl:

52 weeks and some change. I need to find a braider before school starts. Can't be starting class looking like who shot Farmer John :look: I'm pretty sure I'm about to turn into the girl that never wears her hair out. That's okay though :lol: I'll wear it out for my wedding in a million years :rofl:

Lol..I are hilarious!!!!!!!

So I'm putting ny hair into a ponytail until I get my hair to put my twists in next week...I've been wearing my hair in two off centered braids which looks fine when it's fresh...but my sis said I look like my great aunt from the country....Sigh

Last edited:
Girl don't pay me any attention :look: But nah I don't see myself wearing my hair out anytime soon. It's annoying and I'm not here for it. I'm :giggle: at your description of the country aunt.

Yeah...that comment was enough to help me decide to hide my hair too ..

Hello ladies I'm transitioning at only 14 weeks post. I'm really struggling because I have like 4c hair and my textures are fighting me with AKs.last time I was natural I BC but I also hid my hair for 3 years. I need help is anyone out there?

I'm coming up on a year post and my hair is very healthy but I am so style challenged. This isn't a transitioning problem as I was style challenged as a natural in the past. I need to make learning how to style a priority.

PlainJane

HAIR TWIN!

Magical Remedy: Apply a moisture based conditioner to your natural hair and a light protein conditioner to the relaxed ends. This way all of your hair will be happy:).

@lamaria211 and @CafedeBelleza

:welcome:!

@lamaria211

First off congrats on your decision:hug3:!!!!!

Maybe you can try stretching your textures w/ a blow dryer on wash day. JGA has a 4b/c texture and has done it for months, she uses cool air I think. Or maybe if you don't want to use the blow dryer, you can check out Rosemary Godwin - Ese or KikiCoulture on Youtube. They're both were two of my favorite 4b/c sitioner's. Kiki transitioned for 2 years and Rose did it for 14 months I think. Both have beautiful hair and are chalk full of tips. You may have to refer back to their older vid's, but its worth it......trust me. Rose is good with technique, but KiKi is good for styling (her banding vid is how I learn how to band my hair).

@CafedeBelleza

What made you make the decision to transition? I just know you're going to be a fly natural :).

Last edited:
Today is wash day and I have to use Prepoo, Shampoo, Protein Treat, and DC w/ Steam. I have been dreading this day all week long. After 2 weeks of nothing, but M&S'ing this is not my cup of haircare tea.

#The(WashDay)Struggle #PrayForMe #TheseRelaxedEndsGon'KillMe #April262015 #<------Can'tWait #SOisLaughingAtMe #SoulCry

Hello ladies I'm transitioning at only 14 weeks post. I'm really struggling because I have like 4c hair and my textures are fighting me with AKs.last time I was natural I BC but I also hid my hair for 3 years. I need help is anyone out there?

hey. its been a lon time i havent spoken to you. :-)

why are you saying at only 14 weeks?

you can sure transition again. im transitionning now (7 months post).my virgin relaxer was in december. (after 6 years natural).

people were like "what you relaxed your bsb hair just to transition back a few weeks after".
yup! ridiculous for some but hey... here i go.

i cant wait to get back to my bsb légth.... which is in a long time now...

EnExitStageLeft
I can't handle relaxed hair on my own. When I have a decent beautician everything is good, but I haven't had one in about a year and a half. So I have all this great growth, but no retention because each beautician in the last year or so has processed my hair differently. I have straight ends, then some texturized hair, then some straight hair then my new growth and I've done a lot of cutting trying to fix it but it's just doing it's own thing. I think I'll be able to handle my natural hair better, I can braid, rod, twist myself and I've learned the basics of hair care here. And I want to see what it looks like, All that I have are fuzzy childhood pictures.

CafedeBelleza

I feel you. Relaxing on your own is hard. It took me 6 months of severly underprocessed hair to get use to it :lachen:. You're pretty much game for transitioning. I can't style to save my life. Braidouts, buns, and straight hair is my safety zone so I tend to stay there.

the more growth i have the harder it is getting to detangle and wash...... goodness i feel like chopping already. but if i do, HOW WILL I WEAR MY HAIR?

especially to work. i need a nice classy presentable hairstyle.
i might put on a weave in september. well when it gets cold here, i will cover my head! (which i never used to do)

hey. its been a lon time i havent spoken to you. :-)

why are you saying at only 14 weeks?

you can sure transition again. im transitionning now (7 months post).my virgin relaxer was in december. (after 6 years natural).

people were like "what you relaxed your bsb hair just to transition back a few weeks after".
yup! ridiculous for some but hey... here i go.

i cant wait to get back to my bsb légth.... which is in a long time now...

I was natural for 3 years my hair grew healthy and fast. Then about a year ago I relaxed (after convincing my whole family to go natural btw) lol . I enjoyed it for the time but my hair didn't. I'm glad I did it now I no what I really want. Bit since last time I BC I didn't have to deal with the whole transitioning thing, this time I want to do it so I can learn how to style my natural hair and I really don't want another TWA. Thanks for the support. I need it

A little inspiration....

Even though they are natural, using perm rods on twist/braid outs on blown out hair, even stretched old hair can be styled nicely.

image-418100832.jpg

image-3432696938.jpg

LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE these styles! It's gonna take a while and quite a bit of growth for me to achieve something similar lol.

I figured since twist and braid outs are transitioning go-to-styles, we can achieve the same look. You gave me the idea to roll my relaxed ends to help blend in w/ my new growth w/ twists out.

Back