Transitioning without BC'ing Support Thread

shyekiera Which Eco are you using? Im just now realizing that are level 10 Eco Stylers are not created equally. I have the Krystal and the Olive, both level 10. The Olive is much stiffer than the Krystal. Im going to apply it a little more heavily next wash day. Ive been using the same amount as I did on my relaxed hair. :ohwell:

I'm not sure which one I had...but I will purchase the olive this weekend and try it out..thanks for your help!!!

Eta: I just went through and layered the gel in...used a wig brush..don't know why I stopped using it...it gets through all my layers better..I just don't like the balls on the end...

I don't have a satin scarf so i will invest in one of those also...does satin hold the moisture in better?

Last edited:
shyekiera

Yes, a satin scarf will kees the edges smooth and the hair supple. I definitely recommend investing in one.

Also, I add the oil after gel to "scrunch the crunch" before the crunch even starts. It also helps control a bit of frizz. I usually add tad bit more gel after the oil for good measure (mostly for my outrageous baby hair).

shyekiera

Yes, a satin scarf will kees the edges smooth and the hair supple. I definitely recommend investing in one.

Also, I add the oil after gel to "scrunch the crunch" before the crunch even starts. It also helps control a bit of frizz. I usually add tad bit more gel after the oil for good measure (mostly for my outrageous baby hair).

Satin it is...I've vern using cotton

OK so I'm looking at twist out videos n I really like the look of the twist outs with perm rods...what I am confused about is...couldn't u get the same look with just the perm rods alone, or the the twists elongate the curl?

I need to stop telling myself that "I can't wait to have natural hair" and start saying, "I can't wait to have longer natural hair". I keep getting tempted to cut it all off because 1) it's hot as Hades, 2) I love my curls 3) the two textures are annoying. But then I remind myself that I don't like myself with super short hair and it's not flattering, so I need to remain chill. :lol:

OK so I'm looking at twist out videos n I really like the look of the twist outs with perm rods...what I am confused about is...couldn't u get the same look with just the perm rods alone, or the the twists elongate the curl?

It's much faster, at least for me, to do a twist and curl vs a regular perm rod set.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Sooo I've been MIA for months now, sorry... We bought a house, which was a foreclosure but we got a great deal but Major Stress so my hair had to take a back seat. I normally always wear my hair straight, wash and set, flat iron abd wrap at night but I put box braids in a few weeks ago and love it! It's just my hair, no fake hair so it's so easy to manage I just wash in braids, let it air dry and rebraid each braid! I'm currently 22 months post relaxer and I was about an inch and a half from APL when I put them in so hopefully I will be APL+ when I take them out in sept!

coolsista-paris I'm a slow grower, so trust me I know the feeling. At 6 months my hair wasn't the length that yours is now. Do you scalp oil? Maybe that can boost your growth a bit.

all right then. im maybe just average grower. or fast because of the warm weather ... the it will get back to normal or slow in winter.

i dont scalp oil. too lazy, and i have fine hair which will end up weighed down.
i will try in winter though.
when i was young apparently my hair "grew line weeds " as per my aunts and grandma. what happened ?? lol
as little: we run, play around, no stress....

ive realized that since 3 months i feel better because of: working out. i also do dring some mineral water sometimes (it has magnesium and calcium in it).
its been 3 Weeks since my nails are hard and growing like years ago, they are not breaking.

i realized when i had lost my edges, i would scalp oil te edged with castor oil (once a week+ massage every single day without oil); my edges filled back :-) ! took less that 2 months to see results. massaging does work

What texture do you have? My back is loser and it can be mistaken for stagnant growth. I legit sat and tried to recall any trauma that may have happened to my scalp back there :look::look:

I really have no idea. I know it's 4 something. My back appears to be very loose though.

I need to stop telling myself that "I can't wait to have natural hair" and start saying, "I can't wait to have longer natural hair". I keep getting tempted to cut it all off because 1) it's hot as Hades, 2) I love my curls 3) the two textures are annoying. But then I remind myself that I don't like myself with super short hair and it's not flattering, so I need to remain chill. :lol:

This is so true for me. Every time I think about cutting it off early, I remind myself how unhappy I'd be with short (to me) hair. I'd hate to cut too soon and then be unhappy with my hair. I don't think I'd ever be tempted to relax again--I can't begin to explain how much I do NOT miss that process--but to be safe I need to wait until it's long enough to put in a struggle bun.

Mjon912 hey, we're both 22mos post! How long are you looking to go for your transition?

Keep the pics coming ladies. :grin: I love seeing new growth pics.

Since my relaxed ends have completely broken if in the back'..I have decided to end the ponytail...I have slicked my hair down into two crown braids(lovin the waves)...this weekend I with braid my hair up into a Mohawk with a twist out roller set

My universal comb attachment does not fit my blow dryer. The universe does not want my hair to be cute. I dont wear makeup but maybe I should start. I cant be losing all the way around :look:

SuchaLady

Just use the tension method and once everything is done go throughout the entire head with the blow dryer and a wide tooth comb. It'll have the same effect.

shyekiera

No, but I want too. The protein on gets good reviews on youtube. I've actually never used a protein gel at all.

This is so true for me. Every time I think about cutting it off early, I remind myself how unhappy I'd be with short (to me) hair. I'd hate to cut too soon and then be unhappy with my hair. I don't think I'd ever be tempted to relax again--I can't begin to explain how much I do NOT miss that process--but to be safe I need to wait until it's long enough to put in a struggle bun.

Ha! This gave me a chuckle. I love how LHCF ladies will give a style a hilarious tag like this one.

Back