Transitioning without BC'ing Support Thread

isawstars I'll be your transitioning buddy! I was natural for less than a year because I was experiencing so much breakage with my 4a/4b texture. I decided to texlax to give myself some relief. While I love my texlaxed hair, I'm transitioning again because I have a better idea of what my hair needs to retain length: heat. While I won't use heat often, I will keep my hair in stretched/straight styles in order to prevent the SSKs that I currently deal with often. I'm currently 7 months post.

ITA with the bold text. While I will be a heat user, I will definitely keep my moisture up. :yep:

pearlific1 yay! You're only 1 month ahead of me anddd you're texlaxed. You're the perfect transitioning buddy. I am sending you a PM.

SOOOOOO the quest for a magnificent hair dryer continues. The Andis dryer is just ok and I ain't satisfied with no "Okay" dryer. I think I'm gonna save my pennies and invest in a H2pro or FHI EPS dryer. I may go take a gander on Folica to look at a couple options there.

Good news is I did a blowout tonight and now have two full weeks of relaxation ahead :yay:. I'll take some pics tomorrow and post them.

Last edited:
SOOOOOO the quest for a magnificent hair dryer continues. The Andis dryer is just ok and I ain't satisfied with no "Okay" dryer. I think I'm gonna save my pennies and invest in a H2pro or FHI EPS dryer. I may go take a gander on Folica to look at a couple options their.

Good news is I did a blowout tonight and no have two full weeks of relaxation ahead :yay:. I'll take some pics tomorrow and post them.

EnExitStageLeft

The Reniece dryer didn't work out? I want a that FHI EPS Black Diamond flat iron, because it shows the actual temp, but I can't justify the it.

SOOOOOO the quest for a magnificent hair dryer continues. The Andis dryer is just ok and I ain't satisfied with no "Okay" dryer. I think I'm gonna save my pennies and invest in a H2pro or FHI EPS dryer. I may go take a gander on Folica to look at a couple options there.

Good news is I did a blowout tonight and now have two full weeks of relaxation ahead :yay:. I'll take some pics tomorrow and post them.

Yeah I have an Andis and a Sally's brand dryer and they're both the same... You should look into Sedu blow dryer too, I've been eying those. I love their flat iron so I"m curious about the dryer.

confession: I had a moment of insanity last night where I wanted to relax my hair. The feeling just came over me and it was intense! I text my SO and practically forced him to agree that I should go back to the crack :nono: thank goodness it lasted all of like thirty minutes before the urge faded. Now as I reflect on it I can't believe I had a weak moment after all this time! I'm gonna push forward though. Must...not...go astray :look:

You better not! You're well far along into your transition! Is it the ease of straight hair that tempted you? How about a nice flat iron job? I use to get these urges early on in my transition. I'd think about planning an appointment to the hair salon to get relaxed lol.

You better not! You're well far along into your transition! Is it the ease of straight hair that tempted you? How about a nice flat iron job? I use to get these urges early on in my transition. I'd think about planning an appointment to the hair salon to get relaxed lol.

i was thinking about how sleek it felt to wash my hair in shower after a relaxed :blush: I just miss those days of feeling the water hit my scalp. It's just not the same! Plus I was lurking around the relaxer reveal thread. :look: gonna stay outta there

beauti

:fishslap: Maybe that'll keep you from revertin' on us! LOL

Naw but seriously. At month seven-nine I was where you were last night. I was going through silky hair withdrawals hard. But I made it through ok. Now when I get lazy I just blow it out and keep it movin. But trust and believe we all understand you pain.

Sitioning' ain't easy :nono:.

My blowout from Last night: Please excuse the lopsided shape. I literally took my hair outta' my bun and snapped this picture.

11 month post :)

Attachments

• BlowOut March2014.jpg
    BlowOut March2014.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 61
MileHighDiva

Naw sadly it didn't. It took me a hour to blow dry and it still wasn't what I wanted. My fault though. I need to stop buying these cheapies and really invest. I really just don't want to do all this research :(.

isawstars

I'm glad I'm not alone. I actually had the Sedu Hair Dryer and sold it. Not that great, don't even waste your money.

It's been 15 months, cutting an inch every month, except the last two) and today just wanted to be done. I'm AU NATURALE now!

1471749_10203571615159781_894843071_n.jpg

1969147_10203571716482314_274864160_n.jpg
10013795_10203571716802322_1957991026_n.jpg

6 months post and this isn't as bad as I thought. As it warming up (40's) I'm experimenting with braid outs, straight hair is really boring me. pics to come. AudraChanell your hair is beautiful! See you on the other side lol

Anyone here done an amino acid reconstructing treatment to transition? I just saw someone in wheaton who offers it for 75.

So I finally got around to doing a protein treatment today. I used Palmer's Coconut deep protein conditioner and I am not pleased. It made my hair really soft but I ended up with a sink full of hair. I am so lost! I don't know what to do anymore.:nono:

Attachments

• 10155833_10100201389951289_601526735_n.jpg
    10155833_10100201389951289_601526735_n.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 42
  • 532245_10100201390001189_1374152990_n.jpg
    532245_10100201390001189_1374152990_n.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 38
So I finally got around to doing a protein treatment today. I used Palmer's Coconut deep protein conditioner and I am not pleased. It made my hair really soft but I ended up with a sink full of hair. I am so lost! I don't know what to do anymore.:nono:

That isn't what I would call a sink full of hair...it looks like regular shedding for the most part.

I can't wait for this period to be over , I mean it's not the worst but ok used to my hair being super cute all the time
My stylist keeps telling me that most peoples hair isn't at it's best while transitioning and I need to keep that in mind
I'm so bored with this I just want my hair to grow out

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

That isn't what I would call a sink full of hair...it looks like regular shedding for the most part.

pearlific1 I agree. That actually looks normal. It doesn't look like it's snapping in the middle of the strand or anything. KidneyBean86 you should see all the shed hair I accumulate on my wash days, I'd be pleased to lose the amount the you're having.

I can't wait for this period to be over , I mean it's not the worst but ok used to my hair being super cute all the time
My stylist keeps telling me that most peoples hair isn't at it's best while transitioning and I need to keep that in mind
I'm so bored with this I just want my hair to grow out

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

sharifeh I haven't gotten to the point of not so cute hair... I did during my first transition. This time around I'm flat ironing more frequently, and I'm thinking about getting a few sew-ins so I can stay cute this time around. I don't feel like looking rough again lol.

So this is just shedding? Is hair supposed to just fall when you brush your hand over it? That's the type of hairs I am seeing.

So this is just shedding? Is hair supposed to just fall when you brush your hand over it? That's the type of hairs I am seeing.

Short answer. It can. Shed hair will come out by various means: running your fingers through your hair, brushing & combing, washing, etc. A good way to tell if the hair is shed hair is by looking at it. If you see a white root attached, it's a shed strand and it would have come out no matter what. When it sheds depends on where the hair is in it's growth cycle. If you see tiny, straight pieces of hair, it's breakage.

Keep in mind that just because you see a little breakage it doesn't mean you should be alarmed. Hair breaks. You should take preventative measures when you're seeing the short hairs daily all over your sink, clothing, wherever. Also, make sure you're keeping your hair balanced with moisture and protein.

What you're seeing isn't bad. I'm 100% positive I lose more than that daily and my hair is pretty healthy.

Back