Transitioning without BC'ing Support Thread

Brittster

Innovate that thang' then. Your natural journey can be the rubric for many. Consider yourself the experiment for those to come. What you do could help a sista' out and maybe even convince them to transition.

When I am natural I plan to stretch my hair pretty much 80% of the time. Whether it be with heat or through banding.

beauti

YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

As for not posting in relaxed threads.....:look:. I'm hard head and do it anyway. I don't like restriction :nono:, so I do it anyway.

A Transitioner Bunning thread would be bomb though. I'll start it if you want me too.

@Brittster

Innovate that thang' then. Your natural journey can be the rubric for many. Consider yourself the experiment for those to come. What you do could help a sista' out and maybe even convince them to transition.

When I am natural I plan to stretch my hair pretty much 80% of the time. Whether it be with heat or through banding.

:lachen::lachen::lachen:Thanks for the laugh! Idk, I didn't make a thread b/c how I feel is a bit taboo and I don't feel like hearing any backlash, etc. I'm just in awkward place right now. I don't desire straight hair all the time at all, but there are a TON of styles I don't really see myself wearing. I also see naturals irl and online who I can tell recently big chopped and their hair looks like shyt imo, sorry. Then I see naturals with big fluffy thick natural hair rocking some funky styles,etc and I think it looks fierce on them! But idk if that's my style to be honest. I also really have no idea wth my hair will look like, density, etc. I also don't want to be twisting and braiding every night, I work in finance and don't want to do big fluffy hair daily ... I just don't know. My hair has been straight all week and I look forward to doing a nice wet twist out this Sunday to give my hair some texture and see what I'm working with.

I love this look especially for a night out - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1xlSeM6iV4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oB4e8290ac

There are other styles I like too, but these two came to mind for blow dried hair.

Do you have any banding videos that you can share? I didn't even think of this option.

Thanks for the love EnExitStageLeft!!

I feel that you ladies should post wherever you wish and desire. We're all one big family whether natural, relaxed, texlaxed, confused, unsure or anything in between. :yep:

sharifeh yes girl you need to pre poo!! You will never look back. There's a thread around here called 'you need a moisture based pre poo' with all kinds of different methods. I use Chicoro's method but don't exactly follow her steps. I section my hair and spray lightly with aloe vera juice then go back to each section and apply light coats of warm coconut and olive oil (use your fave oils) from root to tip. Very light application! You don't want oil slipping down your neck, I hate that. Put plastic cap on and then tie your scarf if you're going to bed with that or lounge around several hours. I have done both and results are fab. Rinse in shower. You will be amazed how soft your hair is. I then apply shampoo to my scalp, etc. I pre poo when I neglect to properly moisturize my hair throughout the week and it always gets it back.

Brittster you are not alone in your feelings and it is not taboo to feel that way. I'm actually with you on not rocking most of the styles a lot of the natural ladies wear. They are unique and gorgeous but not realistic for me. Nor have I seen such intricate styles when I'm out and about. They seem to only be popular online. With that said, I plan to be a stretched styles natural. Braidouts, bantu knots, etc., on stretched hair. MOST of the time. But I do enjoy wearing my textured hair in buns. The key is to keep that kinky hair hydrated! You're gonna have to start layering your products to ensure your kinks don't dry out before your next wash day. Girl sometimes I don't even comb the beast :look: I spray her down, moisturize, butter, oil and just do the sides real nice. And wait for wash day to tame her :lol: hth

Last edited:
divachyk girl why are you sorry? I still lurk the relaxed bun thread and the relaxer reveal thread :look: I be on the outside lookin in like

vgUw9.gif

:lol: Don't just lurk there, post pics. The more the merrier :yep:and I enjoy your company too! :cheers:

Last edited:
@Brittster you are not alone in your feelings and it is not taboo to feel that way. I'm actually with you on not rocking most of the styles a lot of the natural ladies wear. They are unique and gorgeous but not realistic for me. Nor have I seen such intricate styles when I'm out and about. They seem to only be popular online. With that said, I plan to be a stretched styles natural. Braidouts, bantu knots, etc., on stretched hair. MOST of the time. But I do enjoy wearing my textured hair in buns. The key is to keep that kinky hair hydrated! You're gonna have to start layering your products to ensure your kinks don't dry out before your next wash day. Girl sometimes I don't even comb the beast :look: I spray her down, moisturize, butter, oil and just do the sides real nice. And wait for wash day to tame her :lol: hth

Awwww thank you!!!! Yeahhh, I don't see myself realistically wearing a lot of styles. Yesssss! I'm thinking if I do a twist out on wet hair, knowing my hair, after the twist out is stale, there will be no way for me to comb it till wash day. I will have a to find a way to do a decent pin up somehow or retwist during the week to preserve the look.

Hello ladies. I started the challenge. Relaxed 2 Natural Insanity Challenge 2014/2015/2016. I hope I got everyone that was interested and oh we are looking for mentors who were successful in long term transitioning also.

Come on over to creamy crack rehab. LOL!

Brittster the way you described wearing your hair is exactly how I plan on wearing mine as a natural. I just need to learn how to rollerset properly, and more defined braid outs/ twist outs/ Bantu knot out. Part of the reason I want to be natural anyway is because I feel better about my heat usage. I don't use high heat at all but I use it.on the regular
I don't like wearing braids, twists on their own.

I don't plan on letting my hair be any shorter than Bsl for the duration of my transition

yes girl you need to pre poo!! You will never look back. There's a thread around here called 'you need a moisture based pre poo' with all kinds of different methods. I use Chicoro's method but don't exactly follow her steps. I section my hair and spray lightly with aloe vera juice then go back to each section and apply light coats of warm coconut and olive oil (use your fave oils) from root to tip. Very light application! You don't want oil slipping down your neck, I hate that. Put plastic cap on and then tie your scarf if you're going to bed with that or lounge around several hours. I have done both and results are fab. Rinse in shower. You will be amazed how soft your hair is. I then apply shampoo to my scalp, etc. I pre poo when I neglect to properly moisturize my hair throughout the week and it always gets it back.

Thanks! I'll try that out

Girl about time :lol:

I LOVE the Evolve Brand!
images

This is my next brush I want. The Revlon Edge Brush

76131802880.jpg

ok, i'll check these out :lol:
EnExitStageLeft where did you get it?

Ladies, I need help! I have a really bad wack patch on the left side of my nape, it's soooooooo dry and the new growth is coming in rough. I dont want to increase cowashing because im wearing my hair pressed. My stlylist suggested coconut oily daily at the roots in that area, she's hoping my new growth will soak it up
im using vatika frosting it's still pretty dry though

*****PLEASE DO NOT QUOTE PICTURES **********

I am three year's post relaxer all relaxed ends were done away with in April 2013.... I love my hair. I had a wonderful journey and my hair dresser is wonderful because she would not allow me to big chop.

Last edited:
@Brittster the way you described wearing your hair is exactly how I plan on wearing mine as a natural. I just need to learn how to rollerset properly, and more defined braid outs/ twist outs/ Bantu knot out. Part of the reason I want to be natural anyway is because I feel better about my heat usage. I don't use high heat at all but I use it.on the regular
I don't like wearing braids, twists on their own.

I don't plan on letting my hair be any shorter than Bsl for the duration of my transition

Yep! I still get rollersets and roots blown at the Dominicans. last Sunday night I did a twist out on air dryed hair and wore it to work the following day. It was cute, I slept on it and it was a mess the next day which is expected. I ended up washing and blow drying to put my hair in a ponytail. To keep a twist out fresh I'd hv to retwist nightly and I just don't feel like doing that. It seems twist outs/braid outs hold up better on hair that is fully natural.

Brittster said:
Yep! I still get rollersets and roots blown at the Dominicans. last Sunday night I did a twist out on air dryed hair and wore it to work the following day. It was cute, I slept on it and it was a mess the next day which is expected. I ended up washing and blow drying to put my hair in a ponytail. To keep a twist out fresh I'd hv to retwist nightly and I just don't feel like doing that. It seems twist outs/braid outs hold up better on hair that is fully natural.

Brittster
Do you like the Dominican salon you go to? Do they mind transitioners? Pm me the info

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Still hanging in there. Trying a few products that I had laying around the house. Loving my vatika coconut oil again! Co washed, used a leave in and a moisturizer then sealed with th coconut oil and my hair was so soft! I'm not used to soft hair because of the holding products I use for my braidout but if I'm going to bun this will be my go-to!

Today made 12 months post. I decided to chop and now I don't know what to do with hair. I'm DC'Ing now but I am so style challenged. I still have some relaxed ends here and there and I need a professional trim, but overall I am happy and I don't regret cutting. I will more than likely do a twist out Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

image-2902735254.jpg

image-3393656145.jpg

I suck at taking photos, but I captured a few. Everything is different now with the relaxed ends gone and I didn't known hair was going to be sooo thick but I'm grateful

Last edited:
Today made 12 months post. I decided to chop and now I don't know what to do with hair. I'm DC'Ing now but I am so style challenged. I still have some relaxed ends here and there and I need a professional trim, but overall I am happy and I don't regret cutting. I will more than likely do a twist out

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

:look::look::look::look:CONGRATS!!!!

where the pics????????????????????????????????????:yep::yep::lick::lick:

Back