Transitioning without BC'ing Support Thread

1 day away from SEVENTEEN weeks post, so just checking in!

my wig & i have been getting along real nice :lol: instead of putting heat on it to style when i go out on the weekends, i just slap it on. wigs have been a lifesaver.

after every wash i set my hair on curlformers to stretch the root, & either wear my hair in that curly style, or slather some of Darcy's Botanicals curl detangling milk (A DEFINITE STAPLE!!), brush it out with my Goody Jojoba Brush (another staple!!), & pin it up in a retro updo. my hair is absolutely thriving!

next week i plan on doing some blue & pink highlights (i'm going through a phase :lol:), so i'll be doing a super deep conditioning treatment to prepare my hair for the color.

:hiya2: I'm 22 weeks post now and I did the following:

1. Prepoo for dandruff and shedding
  2. Clarify, then moisture shampoo
  3. Protein treatment with Silicon Mix Protein Pearl--soooo good I didn't need to follow up with a DC
  4. Airdried in 5 braids and wore braidout
  5. Moisturize as needed with Nexxus Humectin and EVOO

I am doing fine. :yep:

I know I need to woman up and try to make the transition!

I had been stretching because of my painfully thin hair. It seemed to be working, but I was only able to go 9 weeks. I had too much new growth, and hair was starting to break. So, I finally got a touch up two days ago. Not only did them heifers burn my scalp, but they didn't wash it out well enough. New Years Eve I woke up with a clunk of relaxer still in my dang hair, and I was wondering my my scalp was still so tender all night while I tried to sleep.

Thank God, I used a neutralizing shampoo, an emergency care treatment, and deep conditioned. I don't think I lost any hair. But OMG, I need to learn my stupid lesson by now with chemicals in my hair.

Ima have to order the Giovanni direct, because I can't find it anywhere. :nono:
girl that is what I had to do because I went to walmart looking for it and didn't have any luck, I haven't tried target yet but I don't need to yet because I have three bottles lol...i know know lol

I see that you're from Killeen TX. I used Ulta's store locator and this is 7 miles from Killeen TX:

201 E. Central Texas Expressway
Harker Heights, TX 76548
Store: (254) 690-1329

arrow.png

Market Heights Shopping Center
Harker Heights, TX 76548

I don't know if it helps, but I tried. :)

unfortunately i don't have either one here, they are a distance away that's why i had to order mine but i'm going to check target this week.

Last edited:
I see that you're from Killeen TX. I used Ulta's store locator and this is 7 miles from Killeen TX:

201 E. Central Texas Expressway
Harker Heights, TX 76548
Store: (254) 690-1329

arrow.png

Market Heights Shopping Center
Harker Heights, TX 76548

I don't know if it helps, but I tried. :)
oh man they must have just put it in the new plaza they just built up there, thanks i'll check it out this week, as a matter of fact it up there by target thanks a bunch

Do you use a lot of shampoo? Have you tried extra virgin coconut oil? When I was using shampoo once a week my hair and scalp were parched:yep:. My scalp was flaky and tight too especially around my hairline, but not since I started co-washing and using coconut oil almost a year ago. It made a huge difference for me. I co-wash every 2 or 3 days and only use shampoo as needed. Or you could try using a sulfate free shampoo if you feel you must use shampoo.

i shampoo every other week which could be my problem. especially since i work out 4-5 times a week!. could you explain this co-washing method??? ill try anything at this point to stop the itchiness. but on the bright side, my hair has grown! i havent straightened it to be sure but when i braid my hair at night, i can see that the braid length as definitely gotten longer =)

I am 13 wks pist and my hair is breaking. I moisture once a day. I shampoo once a week and cw twice a week. I deep condition 2-3 times a week. The left side in the back has broke off a lot due 2 me rubbing my fingers in that area. I am going to get braids in a few day so this will help keep my hands out my hair.

I am 13 wks pist and my hair is breaking. I moisture once a day. I shampoo once a week and cw twice a week. I deep condition 2-3 times a week. The left side in the back has broke off a lot due 2 me rubbing my fingers in that area. I am going to get braids in a few day so this will help keep my hands out my hair.

Are you using any protein?

I am so discouraged right now! My relaxed ends looks terrible compared to my stronger, texturized hair. I washed, twisted my hair, and then did a cool blow dry after my hair was like 75% dry. When I stretched the back of my hair out for a length check, I was soooo upset that I was going to get a pair of scissors and go to town. I JUST made APl and I am sad to feel that it may be time to say good bye. Plus, dealing with three textures is a headache. I hanging in though. Hanging in.

Just dropping a line to say stay in the game ladies. And if you dont feel like dealing with your hair then put it up out of the way. After your over the 6 yo 9 month hump things get muc easier. HHG

Just dropping a line to say stay in the game ladies. And if you dont feel like dealing with your hair then put it up out of the way. After your over the 6 yo 9 month hump things get muc easier. HHG
thanks for the encouragement. That is exactly why I put in braids so I wouldn't have to fool with my hair but to do the lil simple things

I am wondering if I should even transition. I am so frustrated with my hair. I can't braid and I can barely do a twistout. I am wondering if I will be able to style my hair when its natural. When I had a relaxer I just wore my hair in the same style unless I went to the salon. I am so hair-helpless!

I am wondering if I should even transition. I am so frustrated with my hair. I can't braid and I can barely do a twistout. I am wondering if I will be able to style my hair when its natural. When I had a relaxer I just wore my hair in the same style unless I went to the salon. I am so hair-helpless!
have you tried, braidouts and bantu knot outs?

I am having a hard time contemplating whether to get a trim, or to just wait until I get to my goal length then maintain that length by getting trims.

I didn't start off with a healthy trimmed slate like alot of you all have :sad: so all my progress is attached to shabby ends. I feel so selfconscious posting progress pics. They don't look so good :nono:

I think a lot of us are going through the critical point at the same; i'm sorry it's a stressful ordeal for some of us. Hopefully we can hang in there and get through it. Protective styling (weaves and wigs) may be a good option to avoid dealing with the hassle of the hair.

OT: can someone tell me about steaming please. i know nothing about it but I've been reading several posts where it recommended even more than sitting under the dryer (for your DCing)

I am having a hard time contemplating whether to get a trim, or to just wait until I get to my goal length then maintain that length by getting trims.

I didn't start off with a healthy trimmed slate like alot of you all have :sad: so all my progress is attached to shabby ends. I feel so selfconscious posting progress pics. They don't look so good :nono:
I have raggedy ends too. I wear my hair up 95% of the time anyway. I am able to camoflague(sp?) them pretty well when I do wear braidouts, twistouts, or flexirod sets. They need to be cut but I don't trust anyone to cut my hair so I'm kinda at a standstill.

I think a lot of us are going through the critical point at the same; i'm sorry it's a stressful ordeal for some of us. Hopefully we can hang in there and get through it. Protective styling (weaves and wigs) may be a good option to avoid dealing with the hassle of the hair.

OT: can someone tell me about steaming please. i know nothing about it but I've been reading several posts where it recommended even more than sitting under the dryer (for your DCing)
I've been steaming since April. I love it and my hair loves it. Your products work better and you get more penetration with steaming.

Please explain exactly how do you steam? Sorry, Im real clueless about it. Thx. :)

I have a steamer so I put the water in and sit up under it. So really no different than using a dryer except for the water. I use distilled water. No plastic cap. I tie cotton coil (you can get this from any BSS) around my hairline to catch the drippies.

Back