Transitioning without BC'ing Support Thread

Im 14 weeks post and Im starting to dread wash day. My new growth is krispy and hard :nono: My coworker offered to do my crochet braids tomorrow. I can't wait to get this stuff braided away.

I'm 39 weeks post and it's been smooth sailing thus far, but I'm itching to bc just to get it over with. I've done mini chops all year for a total of about 5 or 6 inches and I'm currently SL. I have about 5-6 inches of natural hair at this point. What has helped me the most is co-washing every 2-3 days, using shampoo only as needed, and not piling my hair on top of my head when washing. My mother and sister have recently decided to start their transition as well after seeing how much healthier my hair has become. Thanks to LHCF I'll never go back to relaxing. Hang in there ladies.

I just put kinky twists in my hair last week and I think I'm going to have to take them out. I think I'm allergic to the type of hair that I used. I was cheap and am paying for it. My head is itching like crazy and there are little dry patches of flaky scalp everywhere (not dandruff). I'm going to braid them and dip then for a wavy/braidout look tomorrow and put some sulfur 8 on my scalp. If this condition doesn't go away. I will be removing them.

I have in yarn braids, I installed them Dec 15th. I will be redoing my edges every 2 weeks, and leaving these in for 2 mths at a time for 6mths then I will see what I will do after those 6 mths as far as another style or something or I may braid it up again.

I'm about 5 months post and I've definitely had those moments where I want to just slap a relaxer on my head... especially as my hair gets longer! I'm holding out though!

I am getting so irritated with my hair! It feels like a carpet...Im a second way from calling it a day and switching over to just being a long term stretcher like Sylvers2. (Sorry folks, can you tell Im having a PMS day). In a couple of weeks, I'll be getting a sew-in; once I'm done with that, I'll figure out the desitny of my hair. Ultimately I want hair that I can enjoy and it's hard to enjoy this carpet, let alone style it...I never realized how coarse my natural hair is and with all the great hair care I've been giving it, it's so thick and full!!! (who'd of thought the day would come that I complain about thick hair, LOL) Oh well, just felt like venting this morning. Now, I'm laughing at the whole ordeal. Let me chill out and try to get my mind back on track.

Hey ladies,

I'm a newbie who decided to transition after seeing how beautiful my curls were. I'm 8 months post. Although I know how gorgeous my hair WILL be, I'm still frustrated because I look a hot mess and I don't know how to style my hair:wallbash:

I miss my hair swang and want to run home to the creamy crack!!!

21 weeks post

I airdried in a rollerset and flat iron my roots to take a pic for the MBL 2009 Challenge. My pics looked horrible b/c I used far too much leave-in so my ends looked greasy and thin.

So I won't post a pic until I use heat again which will be in three weeks. Now I know.... :ohwell:

I've been sick so i'm just catching up on this thread, i'll be 11 weeks post tomorrow, just leaving my hair alone entirely until i get better.

i havent been on here for so long! im 7 months post =) trying to get past the 14month mark!. i love doing the braid out its been about 3 weeks since i put any heat to my hair but i was wondering what others do when the hair dries out? because my hair EAT UP any moisturizer i put on it. should i condition with a moisturizing conditioner?

^For moisture i would suggest you use Chicoro's moisturizing method, it has worked WONDERS for my dry hair!

She says that you use a water based moisturizer (s-curl, curl free gold, your own moisturizing mixture, etc.) next you use an oil based sealant (EVOO, castor oil, coconut oil, etc.) then you use a cream based moisturizer (shea butter, or such the like.)

I tell u, it has worked miracles for my hair especially now that its winter and my hair dries out far more quickly and easily, this method keeps it moisturized. You dont have to use much, i use 1 spray of S Curl, about 2 drops of coconut oil (literally 2 drops!!) and i dip 1 finger into my shea butter and use that, just a dab. I would recommend this method for anyone suffering from dry hair. I've had to do very little trimming since starting this method.

Great progress and support ladies!!! (God knows my tail needs it right about now)

Smiley79 looks with tempation at the jar of relaxer on the shelf...lol

ALSO. my scalp has been sooo itchy im losing my mind! any thoughts on what i should do?

Do you use a lot of shampoo? Have you tried extra virgin coconut oil? When I was using shampoo once a week my hair and scalp were parched:yep:. My scalp was flaky and tight too especially around my hairline, but not since I started co-washing and using coconut oil almost a year ago. It made a huge difference for me. I co-wash every 2 or 3 days and only use shampoo as needed. Or you could try using a sulfate free shampoo if you feel you must use shampoo.

i havent been on here for so long! im 7 months post =) trying to get past the 14month mark!. i love doing the braid out its been about 3 weeks since i put any heat to my hair but i was wondering what others do when the hair dries out? because my hair EAT UP any moisturizer i put on it. should i condition with a moisturizing conditioner?

I started doing a dc twice a week on dry hair and now my hair is always soft and moisturized. I use AOWC or AO gpb.

Here's to a successful year of transitioning, Ladies. I hope that by this time next year I will be rid of my relaxed ends! I can't wait!!

I'm 2 months post today and I am shooting for a year's transition minimum. I'd like to have enough natural hair to do a pony tail after my transition, so maybe I'll need 16-18 months.:scratchch I've got a lot of styling practice to do.:yep:

Back