Transitioning without BC'ing Support Thread

I oiled rinsed yesterday! my hair felt all kinds of great. But most of my relaxed hair is almost gone lol. I don't know what i'm doing, I should probably cut them. I really am not ready to go from a full beautiful bun, to SL though. God, do I love my buns. They are lovely. I love seeing how big my hair is.

I think I am basically saying that I will transition until my natural hair can make that big ol' bun. I do have a problem with how I will stretch it though. I might start looking into blow drying after every wash. Is that a good idea? Has anyone done it?

I actually forgot I made it to a year post! i was so busy studying I totally forgot! Wow time really flew by! I am trying to decide whether I should BC this year or try to wait until graduation next spring.

I normally prepoo with EVCO and JBCO a night or couple of hours before I cowash. I think I need to chelate though because I have very hard water in NC. Question: Will the chelating "undo" the oil prepoo? I have heard that chelating can be very drying so I know I must use a good DC (currently using Joico moisture balm which is awesome!). Then I thought maybe I should do a nettle and marshmallow root tea rinse since it is moisturizing. What do you think...about the chelating, oil prepoo, etc? Is the Joico brand a good chelating poo? Should I do the tea rinse then DC, or DC then tea rinse. Also need to do a black tea rinse to cover some tiny sprouts of grey at my hairline. Is that too much?

Sooo In the process of taking out my twists....I had to cut some out because of the way she braided it my hair matted onto the hair. At least I hope its just the way she braided cause it was only in there two weeks D:

Anyway in the process of me having to cut some out, there was a 1/2 by 1/2 clump of hair that I had to pretty much cut the relaxed ends off which just left about 1 1/2 inches of my ng. Needless to say I looked at the curl and its a big frizzy spiral (like pencil sized) which makes me really excited...I dont know what curl type that is. I tried to take a picture but my hair is so frizzy its hard to get a good picture of curls forming. But its sort of exciting.

The EVOO and Mongra Nubian Heritage conditioner worked really well, my hair popped right back and my hair still feels pillowy soft and ultra moisturized.

I decided to give my hair a chop. after wearing a bun for about 2 weeks my hair literally fell out in the middle. As I was washing my hair it was coming out like crazy:nono: some parts are compleltely natural now:ohwell:

I straightened my hair and it turned out very awful. it was a combo of bad(new) product, the maxiglide(which doesnt seem to straighten my hair well) and jacked up hair. see the horror attached.

There was no use holding on to the rest of the hair when the middle was gone. It was thin before but as you can see the middle of my hair went completely missing.

So i went to the salon and got a wash,blowdry and cut. She gave me a slightly inverted bob so i could keep some length on the sides.(the bump fell out a bit in the picture.) Overall I loved the experience and I think i figured out how to stop my hair from being so fly away after straightening. IDK if my curls will come back though because she used alot of heat. If they do I would probably be a regular:look:

I'm not too mad though, my hair is on point:gorgeous:. Trying to have long hair and simultaneously transition was not working for me. I think its because the ends are really straight at this point. I also love the new length. It is so friggin' easy to manage.

I will be keeping it straight 100% for real this time and limiting the new products for a while.

Bunning on curly hair totally jacked my hair up though. As you can see in the before pic when i was keeping it straight I was able to retain most of my length.

Attachments

• starting point.jpg
    starting point.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 53
  • worst flat iron ever.jpg
    worst flat iron ever.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 58
  • cut yay.jpg
    cut yay.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
[USER][/USER]Napp I am so sorry this happened to you. What new product did you use? Your new cut looks good and your hair looks healthy.:yep:

[USER][/USER]Napp I am so sorry this happened to you. What new product did you use? Your new cut looks good and your hair looks healthy.:yep:

moniq i used bioinfusion keratin straightening spray. It left my hair very rough and coated as you can see.

strangely it did a FABULOUS job at defining my curls. I have never seen them look so shiny,defined and curly. I wonder what it would have looked like if let it dry. I just put it in my bin of products I'm saving for when I finally am able to rock the wash n go again.

my hair only seems to retain length in 3 styles: straightened, wash n goes and in twists with my real hair. twists get fuzzy quick and I hate walking around with wet or damp hair all of the time which is why being a straight haired natural just works for me.

Napp

Lol @ the names on the images.

Your hair looks really pretty and healthy. How often will you be straightening? I'm thinking of either blowdrying or airdrying and flat ironing my roots as I'm experiencing some breakage right now. I'm just wondering how can I maintain it when it gets warmer.

kbnax

I think I will go from weekly washing to 2x a month to reduce the amount of manipulation. I will probably rollerset one wash day and blow dry the other, depending on my mood.

Summer time is a big issue. I would usually wear my hair curly more often when it was 100% natural but I found that i was able to keep it straight when i pressed it with a hot comb and had some pressing oil. This time around I think with my better tools,products, knowledge and experience I can ride out the summer with straight hair.

If i can figure a reliable way of keeping it straight during the summer out I will defineltey post it here! I think the product used in the salon is something I want to look into.Its like a presing creme but my hair has way more movement and weight. my hair hasn't bothered to revert and I would have had crinkly roots by now.

I had to cowash tonight. The curlformers set from Sunday was no longer cute, a tangled dry mess and there was no way I could tie my hair up with this headache I've been having Much to my surprise, I didn't feel like pulling my hair out. Finally got a prepoo that worked for me and detangled my hair with ease. All my little wavies seem happy.

I had to cowash tonight. The curlformers set from Sunday was no longer cute, a tangled dry mess and there was no way I could tie my hair up with this headache I've been having Much to my surprise, I didn't feel like pulling my hair out. Finally got a prepoo that worked for me and detangled my hair with ease. All my little wavies seem happy.

Sooooo tell us about the prepoo? What'd you use/do?

I want to straighten my hair. I just realized that with a this rootage, straightening in the summer will just be a waste. I want to feel my hair before it gets too hot to wear it straight. Maybe I will go for it for Easter.

Napp im afraid once i straighten my hair it will look like yours did. When i wash i can tell that some of my relaxed ends in the back broke off and its all natural. But im ready for a cut so im straightening it today and i will see what the damage is.

Rae81 I hope its not as bad as you think!

I already knew this was going to happen.So I was expecting some damage when I took out the bun. Plus am happy with the short,neat and fresh look.

Having some issues with my natural hair, my relaxed hair seeeeems fine but I dunno. Gonna see if I am washing it to much, so I am going to flat iron my hair tonight which will last me until I put twists in again.

I bought 4 Naturals Reconstructor and a Ceramic Iron from Sallys (opened up new near me, probabably never going in there again. Now that I know what to get I will just look online). So I plan on, doing a 30 minute DC, 5 minute protein treatment and see how that feels, then I will air dry, blowdry and flat iron. Then use the LOC method and then m/s for a week. Lets hope this works out well.

@moniq i used bioinfusion keratin straightening spray. It left my hair very rough and coated as you can see.

strangely it did a FABULOUS job at defining my curls. I have never seen them look so shiny,defined and curly. I wonder what it would have looked like if let it dry. I just put it in my bin of products I'm saving for when I finally am able to rock the wash n go again.

my hair only seems to retain length in 3 styles: straightened, wash n goes and in twists with my real hair. twists get fuzzy quick and I hate walking around with wet or damp hair all of the time which is why being a straight haired natural just works for me.
I agree do what works for you. I know some ladies can wet bun with no problem, I know I can't. Keep us updated on your progress. I wish you the best.

I have been noticing recently my natural hair takes forever to dry and my relaxed hair dries fast

sent from my galaxy

Back