Top 3 Tips(4U)From the Hairboard This Year!

MSM - it spurted my hair growth to an inch down my neck for the 1st time in my life.

Better Braids Sheen Spray - this stuff gives my black hair the prettiest shine no matter how dull it was before the spray

Shea Butter - my hair loves this stuff.

Allandra - I missed the shower scrunchie tip...could you give it again? Sorry. /images/graemlins/wink.gif
Rhonda

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
2. Allandra's no elastic bun and those amazing brown plastic pins (girl ya know I LOVE ya! )

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm so glad it's worked out for you. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rhonda,

I style my hair (wet buns) in the shower. It's much easier for me to work with my hair when it's wet when I'm styling it in a bun (since my hair is so thick). I usually do this daily when I'm sporting a bun.

* gather hair like you're going to put it in a ponytail
* twist hair (not a two section twist) twist the entire length of hair together
* coil hair to form a bun
* secure with a plastic hair pin(s)
* decorate with a scrunchie

HTH

Hi Allandra,

I'm a newbie so please bear with me. What exactly is a PJ? Also, my hair is long enough for a bun, so
what is a Scrunchie-less bun. Is this a special way of washing the hair. Please tell me what this involves
because the only part I hate about washing my hair is the tangles, so this sounds like something that could
help me.
Thanx
Peace and Blessings

A PJ is a product junkie. /images/graemlins/grin.gif See my post above for directions on how I do my bun. You don't have to add a scrunchie if you don't want to. HTH.

Rollersets
Shea butter - love it!!
Extending relaxer touchups by learning how to maintain my new growth

Allandra: I am assuming that you do this regularly...the wet bun scrunchie: Another lady that does this is Karen Marie from the Long Hair Community site&gt;and her site "Stressless Tresses". Her hair is awesome and she is such a sweetheart to people on the sites. She swears by this method. My questions are: Do you find that you have had extra growth spurts since using this method? Are you doing this on a daily basis as mainly conditioner only washes? What type of scrunchies are you using? How tight or loose do you wear your bun? I am not relaxed but natural, curly, wavy haired with lots of shrinkage (3b).Since I am focusing on growth now, I want to do this for about 3 days a week.I get headaches with pony tails, so this method would probably work better for airdrying in a preset do. Do you airdry only when you do these wet scrunchy buns? Thank you for the advice. I appreciate it. Bonjour. Oh yes, Happy New Year too. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

I haven't really been keeping track of my hairs growth since reaching it's current length. So, I really can't say whether this method has caused extra growth spurts. Conditioner only rinses are something that I don't do very often because I wash my hair a lot.

My main style is a bun which I style daily. I normally shampoo my hair every three days or so. I am not a frequent conditioner only rinser.

I mainly use silk like or satin like scrunchies.

My bun is not tight because I don't use elastics to form my ponytail prior to putting my hair in a bun. Therefore, it still looks sleek, but it's not tight at all.

I always airdry my hair. The only time I don't airdry is when I get a roller set (which I always get every three months when I get a touch up and may two to three times between touch ups).

HTH.

Allandra -

Thanks so much for that explanation. I'll have to try that. I do the ponytail in the shower sometimes but to add variety I'll try the bun.
Rhonda

Tracy (or Caramela)

could you please explain this one to me???

3. Caramela's overnight pin curl trick for "sexy waves"... Thanks m'ija

thanks a lot /images/graemlins/smirk.gif,

nay.

How could I forget to mention the tip about changing from No-Lye to Lye relaxers, and the basing of the scalp. I used to just base my hairline and around my ears and nape of my neck.

[ QUOTE ]
Allandra said:
It can be done daily (as I mainly do). Due to my hair's thickness, it's much easier for me to wet my hair daily when I'm wearing it in a bun.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey what about after a touchup when your hair is Super Straight how do you do a scrunchieless??? My hair won't hold with the goody pins it slides right out

1. Simplicity is best!
2. Always moisturize
3. Condition washes (sooo relaxing)

*4. Stretching out my relaxers

good thread.
smile.gif

1.) vitamins
2.) sleeping on satin pillowcases (my hairline and the length of my hair thanks you ! ! !
grin.gif
)
3.) all of the various product suggestions

1. Vitamins (MSM, Biotin, Evening Primose Oil, Nourish Hair,..)
2. Conditioner Washes w/ VO5 Strawberries and Creme
3. Surge Hair Revitalizer-14 (the good and bad)

Cool thread from way back.

Best:
1. Sta-Sof-Fro (dries greasy to aid detangling)
2. Lanza strait line shampoo and conditioner
3. Vaselined buns with Good Hair Day pins

1. Dominician salons to stretch out relaxers
2. The importance of seamless combs
3. Product recommendations (#1 Aubrey's GPB)

1. Using distilled water on my hair

2. Rollersetting
which I gave up on and am now re-encouraged

3. Learning about products that really do work
QP mango butter, WGO, elucence...I'll be at the next PJ anonymous meeting!
grin.gif

I love this forum!!!Thanks ladies for all the help!!!
drunk.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Supergirl said:
Wow Ballet Bun--you really resurrected one this time--this thread is from 2002
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Supergirl ... I think JenJen bumped it
smile.gif

My top 5 for 2004: (well...it was 3 in 2002...what about inflation?)
rofl.gif
rofl.gif

1.Moisture, Moisture, Moisture (Sta-So-Fro)
2.Deep condition weekly
3.Feed fine hair protein
4.Extend relaxer &amp; protect ends
5. Using distilled water for rinses and homemade moisturizers.

That was five.....right?!
look.gif
sekret.gif

Back