Today's My Nappiversary! - My One Year Update

Your hair looks gorgeous, sweetie! That's a lot of growth for just one year. It took me nearly two years as a natural to get a little over that point. Keep growing! You look fabulous!:blowkiss:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :dance7::club:

Wow, your hair looks great. Loving the texture. I also love your highlights. Where you get them done?

Wow, your hair looks great. Loving the texture. I also love your highlights. Where you get them done?

Thanks Zora! They guy that I go to in Towson did them for me about 2 weeks ago. They look lighter when my hair is completely dry. They're like a honey blonde color. I'm really pleased with them though. This was my first time ever having my hair dyed so I was a little scared at first.

I really needed to see those pics. Congrats on your nappyversary.

I needed to see them because I'm transitioning. and yesterday I was feeling very week and starting to consider a relaxer. I'm as 23 weeks and it's tough.

Seeing your success has brought me back around. I can do this.

Thanks

Congratulations lady for staying the course. So happy for you and you should be very proud of your hard work and success. You are handling the journey like a pro. What a great natural hair mentor you are.

Mook's hair, hang in there lady, I understand your frustration I was there a few years back doing the transition and there were times I wasn't sure I was going to make it. That is when I learned that this natural hair care journey has mountains and valleys and you have to go through both because the main part of this is the journey. Set yourself some small goals, check out a lot of ladies with natural hair care, even pm someone to help you through those valley times, I am sure others as well as myself are willing to get you through those times.

Here are some natural ladies showing off their crowns for inspiration.

http://members.fotki.com/Deecoily/about/
http://members.fotki.com/yassylane/about/
http://public.fotki.com/Kemi21/hair/june-2007/

Those are just a few of hundreds and hundreds of women with beautiful natural crowns.

Happy Nappiversary! :dance7: Your hair is awesome.

What's your regimen?

Thanks ladies! My regimen is pretty simple. I wash and DC once a week. I only cowash in between if I plan on changing my style. I always add a leave in if I'm cowashing for a wash and go. The rest of the time I don't. That's about it.

As far as products go, I have a ton of crap in my bathroom that I use on occasion. But for the most part, I stick to the same handful of products. I use Nexxus Therrappe and Humectress. I usually DC with an ORS Pak or a mixture of the ORS Pak and the Humectress. I also use the Humectress as my leave in.

Alright, it's been a year today since I bced. That time went fast. It took me a long time to get used to it but I'm finally to the point where I love my hair. I've learned a lot in the past year as far as what my hair likes and doesn't like and how to take care of it properly. I finally think I'm over the shrinkage thing. It's not so bad. My hair only shrinks about 50%. I'm still not over the fine hair thing, but there's nothing I can really do about that since it's hereditary. Ahh well...

So here's what my hair is looking like after 17 months of growth, a BC, 2 salon trims, and a highlighting job. Some of these pics might be repeats so sorry about that. Check it out...

Wash and goes - Sept 06, Nov 06, May 07, Sept 07 (Dry Hair), Sept 07 (Wet Hair)

Flat Ironed hair - Feb 07, May 07 and Sept 07

I edited the pics out so I don't take up too much space but I am so proud of you and your progress. Keep it up...very nice!

Beautiful! I love it curly and straight. What are you using to get the coily look? I would like to try it on DD natural hair

Thanks ladies! My regimen is pretty simple. I wash and DC once a week. I only cowash in between if I plan on changing my style. I always add a leave in if I'm cowashing for a wash and go. The rest of the time I don't. That's about it.

As far as products go, I have a ton of crap in my bathroom that I use on occasion. But for the most part, I stick to the same handful of products. I use Nexxus Therrappe and Humectress. I usually DC with an ORS Pak or a mixture of the ORS Pak and the Humectress. I also use the Humectress as my leave in.

Thanks! The PJ in me is wanting to try the Nexxus.:yep:

Alright, it's been a year today since I bced. That time went fast. It took me a long time to get used to it but I'm finally to the point where I love my hair. I've learned a lot in the past year as far as what my hair likes and doesn't like and how to take care of it properly. I finally think I'm over the shrinkage thing. It's not so bad. My hair only shrinks about 50%. I'm still not over the fine hair thing, but there's nothing I can really do about that since it's hereditary. Ahh well...

So here's what my hair is looking like after 17 months of growth, a BC, 2 salon trims, and a highlighting job. Some of these pics might be repeats so sorry about that. Check it out...

3.jpg
pics013-vi.jpg

CIMG1315-vi.jpg

CIMG2161.jpg
CIMG2157.jpg

Wash and goes - Sept 06, Nov 06, May 07, Sept 07 (Dry Hair), Sept 07 (Wet Hair)

flatiron-2.jpg
ironh.jpg

Photo1.jpg
CIMG2079.jpg

Flat Ironed hair - Feb 07, May 07 and Sept 07
=========

Great progress and pretty too...
Do you have streaks or just color in your hair? If so what brand an color?
TIA

=========

Great progress and pretty too...
Do you have streaks or just color in your hair? If so what brand an color?
TIA

Thanks! I just have highlights in the front half. The rest is my natural hair color. He used whatever the salon's line of color is. I'm not sure what the name of it is. But the shade of glaze he put on top of the portions of my hair that he lightened was called Buttercream. He said I can change the glaze to another color when I want.

Last edited:
Back