Today I'm Starting A Movement

Kamilah

Ladies,

I've been thinking about this for a long time. I've talked about it for a long time, and I've seen it discussed on this forum and others for even longer. I'm fed up and I realize that we need to take some serious action and initiative to correct the state of African Americans and our society as a whole.

Ladies. We need to create an alliance among ourselves. We need to collectively decide that we will not allow the state of relationships to continue to deteriorate as they have, and that in spite of men being philandering we must accept that they can not continue to behave in this way if that we women do not allow it.

Ladies. Just say no. We need to not find ourselves alone/lonely and sleeping with ANY man who we do not respect or find ourselves willing to have children with, or feel confident that if you have his children he will be able to commit to you and you can honestly see yourself with him.

We need to accept the role that sex has played in the negative restructuring of our society and social interaction and be actively willing to put an end to it by exercising better judgement and significantly more self restraint. We need to know to value ourselves more and create a strong sisterhood alliance to encourage one another when times get hard and our decision making abilities become cloudy.

I'm not judgeing the mistakes people have made in the past. But enough is enouogh.We need to do what we can while we can to improve our status as women and as a people.

I am very serious about this. I intend to make this a movement. I have a simple multi-point plan that I would like to roll out shortly.

Is there anyone who is willing to help me create a website? This is something I believe in with all my heart and I'm just fed up of not doing what I can do. We have the internet and I will use it. But I also want to reach out to my younger sisters in the community and the women who do not have access to the net.

Once my plan is rolled out, I would like to have small hubs in various cities so that this can be something truly effective and we can truly create a movement.

Anyone willing to help this cause is free to PM me with your thoughts,suggestions, etc.

Great idea but I don't see me going to the community to push this. Good luck. I hope you convert a few souls.

That is an excellent idea, but I think a lot of the women here are already on that path. Now, if you can reach out to the "Bust It Babies" (see the Busted Babies thread in ENT) then that would be a great way to start. Sadly, though, I don't think there is hope for chicks like that.

Back