The worst product you have used in the past 6 months.

The Body Shop Rainforest Moisture Conditioner. It smelled like old Playdoh and the smell lingers FOREVER. It also didn't condition my hair at all and left me with an astonishing amount of tangles.

^^^ This right here, left my hair dry, tangled and didn't feel like my hair had been conditioned. I love their shampoos though.

The worst thing I have used was Soultanicals Scalp Rub. This caused itching and bumps. It took me two weeks to get my scalp back to normal.

I have used the ingredients in the scalp rub before but I think it is her formulation.

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

The worst product I used in 6 months is Mizani butter blends relaxer in regular. It made my hair dry and tangle. Just not a good relaxer system at all.

It tore my hair up. Tangled it. Left a weird film. I trashed it immediately sparkle25

sparkle25 I've tried a couple Bobeam bars from her sample pack and like Beamodel, they also left weird waxy films on my hair. They sound like they will work well, especially from the reviews. :ohwell:

I read that if your water is on the harder side, this can happen w/shampoo bars. However my other shampoos/cowashes don't react that way on my hair. My water doesn't leave stains or anything, so I know it's not terribly hard...perhaps just a little. *shrug* (I even bought a water filter, but couldn't install it due to the way my apt. shower head is attached...I was so annoyed I wasted that money). I haven't tried another shampoo bar since.

sparkle25 I've tried a couple Bobeam bars from her sample pack and like Beamodel, they also left weird waxy films on my hair. They sound like they will work well, especially from the reviews. :ohwell: I read that if your water is on the harder side, this can happen w/shampoo bars. However my other shampoos/cowashes don't react that way on my hair. My water doesn't leave stains or anything, so I know it's not terribly hard...perhaps just a little. *shrug* (I even bought a water filter, but couldn't install it due to the way my apt. shower head is attached...I was so annoyed I wasted that money). I haven't tried another shampoo bar since.
Dang, and I just bought two shampoo bars from her based on some of the good reviews I've read. I see that the shampoo bars have emulsifiers in them, so I'm wondering if that could be the culprit for the waxy film. Sent from my iPad using LHCF

Last edited:
Dang, and it just bought two shampoo bars from her based on some of the good reviews I've read. I see that the shampoo bars have emulsifiers in them, so I'm wondering if that could be the culprit for the waxy film.

Hopefully they work for you flyygirlll2. So many people love them, and you may just be one of them. Please report back.

The worst product I used in 6 months is Mizani butter blends relaxer in regular. It made my hair dry and tangle. Just not a good relaxer system at all.

Yesss to all of this. I know some ladies swear by it, but you couldn't even pay me to ever use that relaxer again.

Hopefully they work for you flyygirlll2. So many people love them, and you may just be one of them. Please report back.
I bought the rasul and cocoa and hibiscus shampoo bar. I'm a pj so I like trying new things lol and the owner seems really sweet and has good customer service, so I wanted to support her. Sent from my iPad using LHCF

Last edited:
I used her shampoo bar yesterday. I didn't use the one Beamodel did, but a sandalwood one. I noticed more hair breakage than normal but it could have been something else I used.

I'm just passing on all bobeam shampoo bars. I can not risk a set back. My hair had come too far and has grown too long for that.

Hope Bobeam works for others though. It's just not for me!

Dang, and I just bought two shampoo bars from her based on some of the good reviews I've read. I see that the shampoo bars have emulsifiers in them, so I'm wondering if that could be the culprit for the waxy film. Sent from my iPad using LHCF

I'm a Bobeam shampoo bar lover :)

If you don't like them for your hair I belive you can also use them on your body

I have used 2 bars so far and while I didn't care for the chocolate one, I do like the honey and oats bar lately. It just leaves me with clean hair. I was expecting the worse from shampoo bars though.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I just ordered the nena shampoo bar among a few others from chargin valley. I hope they work! Bobeams face bar works awesome for me. I don't have problematic skin, but it has been getting very dry after washing, but I don't even need lotion after her bar although it does feel stripping at first but its not lasting. Her honey and oats bar gets rave reviews.

I have used 2 bars so far and while I didn't care for the chocolate one, I do like the honey and oats bar lately. It just leaves me with clean hair. I was expecting the worse from shampoo bars though. Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I've never used shampoo bars before, I like liquid shampoos because I can dilute them and place in an applicator bottle to clean my scalp. I even have 2 shampoo bar samples from Henna Sooq that I received on Black Friday but never got around to using them.

I liked the performance of Bobeam shampoo bars. They cleaned my hair and left it soft. I have tried so many of them, except the Ayurvedic or clay ones.

How are silicones questionable?

Most hair products that advertise as natural does not contain silicones. I don't use silicones in my hair because it makes my hair feel dry. If you read reviews of others that purchased the TGIN deep conditioner some say they will not repurchase because they did not realize it contained silicones.

Most hair products that advertise as natural does not contain silicones. I don't use silicones in my hair because it makes my hair feel dry. If you read reviews of others that purchased the TGIN deep conditioner some say they will not repurchase because they did not realize it contained silicones.

Do you straighten your hair?

Yeah. +1 on Bobeam shampoo bars.

I thought that maybe relaxed heads had no business messing around with shampoo bars of any kind after my experience.

Shea Moisture Retention Shampoo and conditioner! It's the devil in disguise! I thought it was so moisturizing but was slowly drying my hair out and it leaves a coating

Back