"The White Girl Hair Toss" ?

Re: "The White Girl Hair Toss" ?

goldensensation said:
When I wear my hair out, I feel the littlest things... like it getting caught in a pocketbook strap, or pulling weirdly on my clothes. I am always lifting and tossing, not just out of precaution, but because it FEELS uncomfortable.

I agree, my hair always get stuck under my pocketbook strap.:perplexed One time this happened and I didn't know. When I went to bend over, I heard a couple of hair break:eek: :cry: I was sick, so I make sure to toss it like a WG in order to avaoid this ever happening again.

luvlonghair said:
I agree, my hair always get stuck under my pocketbook strap.:perplexed One time this happened and I didn't know. When I went to bend over, I heard a couple of hair break:eek: :cry: I was sick, so I make sure to toss it like a WG in order to avaoid this ever happening again.

Yeah, that is THE worst thing in the world, to hear hairs snapping/breaking. Thats why, as crazy as it sounds.... the longer my hair gets, the less i like to wear it out. It's like every few minutes i'm having to rescue my strands from some potential disaster.

KiniKakes said:
Yeah, that is THE worst thing in the world, to hear hairs snapping/breaking. Thats why, as crazy as it sounds.... the longer my hair gets, the less i like to wear it out. It's like every few minutes i'm having to rescue my strands from some potential disaster.

Kinikakes, you're right. I was just thinking about joining a challenge to hide my hair until Christmas or next summer:eek: . It's a challenge trying to save your hair from everyday things that are disasterous to our hair. How are you wearing your hair? I ususally would put it up in a weave ponytail, but that started breaking my hair off at the crown. I haven't worn one since last September. Maybe a bun or a phony pony may do:perplexed

My hair is probably about 2 to 3 inches from BSL. I'll have my internet installed at home next week and I'll post my long over due pictures.:D

It is not a white girl toss, it is the having long hair toss. I don't see it as a problem. Just that people with short hair can't do it.

ThickHair said:
It is not a white girl toss, it is the having long hair toss. I don't see it as a problem. Just that people with short hair can't do it.
I agree, it's the "having long hair toss" (although I called it the "black girl swing" once, just to be different. :) ). I toss my hair so it won't get caught in my purse strap or clothes. After a certain point, it just becomes necessary to toss or lift the hair out of the way.

luvlonghair said:
Kinikakes, you're right. I was just thinking about joining a challenge to hide my hair until Christmas or next summer:eek: . It's a challenge trying to save your hair from everyday things that are disasterous to our hair. How are you wearing your hair? I ususally would put it up in a weave ponytail, but that started breaking my hair off at the crown. I haven't worn one since last September. Maybe a bun or a phony pony may do:perplexed

My hair is probably about 2 to 3 inches from BSL. I'll have my internet installed at home next week and I'll post my long over due pictures.:D

Girl right now i have braids, which is like the ultimate protective style for me! I joined the Hide Your Hair Until Christmas Challenge as well....... and am trying to keep these braids in thru November, but we'll see! :)

I cant wait to see your pics!!!!

I used to think that my SO was going to get mad at me because every time he put his arm around me when my hair is down, I wriggle out from under him and move my hair. It doesn't bother him at all though. Now when he puts his arm around me, he waits for me to move my hair. Even when we're cuddling, he's never said anything about it unless he's complimenting it.

LMAO... I needed a good laugh!!! :rofl: Yes I do it too... :)

Never in someones face though (how rude is that???)

I tend to do the flip thing rather than toss. It's just when your hair gets to a certain length, you have to do that in order to get clothes on or off or tucking. I believe most women with long hair can relate therefore won't give you that expression. :bah:I tend to get dirty looks that say "who do she think she is?" from the ones who have short hair or long weaves. :moon:

Personally, I feel as hard as you've worked to get your length, what's an extra toss or flip??? :grin:

goldensensation said:
When I wear my hair out, I feel the littlest things... like it getting caught in a pocketbook strap, or pulling weirdly on my clothes. I am always lifting and tossing, not just out of precaution, but because it FEELS uncomfortable.

I'm the same way. I don't toss it on purpose, but it does happen sometimes. I don't consider it a white girl toss, though. IMO, those are deliberate.:lol:

Wildchild453 said:
Wow, that was so unnecessary amd unfair
Thanks, it was twenty years ago and, unfortunately, that mentality is still alive and thriving.:ohwell:

Back