The Truth + Proof Indian regimes MADE MY HAIR GROW in 3 weeks!

heeeeeeey...you forgot to add the coconut oil:grin:
thanks again for the total break down though. when i did it last week it didnt take long at all. it was very simple and effective. i would just like to find the shikakai oil. i dont really want to make it myself. i had some shikakai powder just sitting around and brahmi powder. i did mix a teaspoon in my mixture too.

it wasnt me who said add coconut oil!!

lol

noooo

oil and water dont mix so i definately didnt say that!

unquote!

Hi Ava...Do you live in the south subs? there is a nice store in Oak Forest that carries it. I get the large bottle for 4.99. If you dont live close to it I can get it and bring it to you. My work office is near Oak Forest but I work in the field in the city. PM me and let me know.

all of this sounds very interesting. candy great growth. I am going to look into getting some of these products for '08. i already been using alma oil as a prepoo and love it.

thanks for sharing CC!

Blosssom, this is off topic, but one day I was on the hair boards and my SO saw the your profile picture and he was like, "Dang! Who is that?!?"

I had to laugh and explain to him that it wasn't your real picture. You are so funny girl :lachen:

I know. girl I bust up every time I see that picture....

I have been using the amla and shikakai oils as well as Dabur Vatika Anti Dandruff Shampoo that I found and I think it's working. I leave the amla oil on overnight and then rinse out followed by the shampoo. I must say that my hair feels very strong and extra thick. I'm almost running out of products :sad:. Has anyone found a site online where you can buy ALL of the oils and powders from one place? I went to Devon Ave. in Chciago and that was like a game of hide and seek trying to find everything.

I have been using the amla and shikakai oils as well as Dabur Vatika Anti Dandruff Shampoo that I found and I think it's working. I leave the amla oil on overnight and then rinse out followed by the shampoo. I must say that my hair feels very strong and extra thick. I'm almost running out of products :sad:. Has anyone found a site online where you can buy ALL of the oils and powders from one place? I went to Devon Ave. in Chciago and that was like a game of hide and seek trying to find everything.

Good ones:

www.allayurveda.com
www.ayurveda.com
www.indianhennaherbs.com
www.sandhuproducts.com
www.thejamushop.com

Good luck! :blowkiss:

$20 is too expensive for Vatika IMO. You might as well order all the ingredients in it and make it yourself :look:. If you can't find it locally, try http://www.eastwestbazaar.com/ or another site selling Indian products.

LOL :lol:

Well I end up ordering it at Amazon and I will get the Alma powder later, that way I can make a paste with the alma oil and leave it on my hair for an hour.

Right now, I have been using it plus the Vatika Oil as well. So far so good :yawn:

Hi Ava...Do you live in the south subs? there is a nice store in Oak Forest that carries it. I get the large bottle for 4.99. If you dont live close to it I can get it and bring it to you. My work office is near Oak Forest but I work in the field in the city. PM me and let me know.

You didn't read my post either :lol: Come on ladies!

I said that I live in Chicago. I live on the South Side of Chicago, the Southwest side.

For those that don't know, Devon Ave is a big street in Chicago that is located in the heart of a predominately Indian neighborhood, primary West Rogers Park. They sell all the products. However, Chicago is so large so it would be more feasible for me to go up to the North Side in a car.

However :sad:

The reason why I rather go online is because of the service treatment. I mean Chicago is a racist city and I and lots of other blacks have gotten not so nice treatment from the Indian and South Asian stores up North. So that's why I'm cautious.

What happened

My hair was hard after using it and broke all the way down to the NG in a section of my head. This happened only because I hadn't used it properly. I used 3 teaspoons of Shikakai which was too much for my hair to handle.

After that, I reduced usage to 1 teaspoon and 3 teaspoons of Amla. This worked very well.

Now I've actually completely stopped using the Shikakai powder. I exclusively use Shikakai shampoo bar and use the rest of the powders, Amla, Brahmi, Aritha, ect in the Tea I make. My hair is in excellent condition now. I cannot go back to regular shampoo ever again.

You didn't read my post either :lol: Come on ladies!

I said that I live in Chicago. I live on the South Side of Chicago, the Southwest side.

For those that don't know, Devon Ave is a big street in Chicago that is located in the heart of a predominately Indian neighborhood, primary West Rogers Park. They sell all the products. However, Chicago is so large so it would be more feasible for me to go up to the North Side in a car.

However :sad:

The reason why I rather go online is because of the service treatment. I mean Chicago is a racist city and I and lots of other blacks have gotten not so nice treatment from the Indian and South Asian stores up North. So that's why I'm cautious.

So why don't you check out the one in Oak Forest? That's definately closer than Devon Ave. You said you don't have a car...talk someone into going shopping in Orland Park and then throw in "by the way..." lol

My hair was hard after using it and broke all the way down to the NG in a section of my head. This happened only because I hadn't used it properly. I used 3 teaspoons of Shikakai which was too much for my hair to handle.
After that, I reduced usage to 1 teaspoon and 3 teaspoons of Amla. This worked very well.

Now I've actually completely stopped using the Shikakai powder. I exclusively use Shikakai shampoo bar and use the rest of the powders, Amla, Brahmi, Aritha, ect in the Tea I make. My hair is in excellent condition now. I cannot go back to regular shampoo ever again.

yeh trial and error!

shikakai is quite protein-y!

I bought Amla gold hair oil last week and bought a shikakai shampoo bar from our fellow board member, prcampbell, too. I just used the shikakai shampoo bar and it's great! My scalp felt cleansed and my hair felt strong yet smooth. Me likey. :grin: And the Amla gold smells nice. I been using my Vatika oil. That stuff b da bomb.

Update!!!!!
I washed my hair last night with the usual brew and usually after I scritch and rinse I use ElucenceMB or AHR to do a quick co-wash b4 deep conditioning.
Well!
I had gone shopping with Tetbelle and saw a Bhringraj Conditioner- I went back yesterday and bought it (PJ cant help it)
Today I just did my hair tea wash and I decided to try this bhringraj conditioner- just to see what it would do cause the bottle said for thin fine hair- of which my hair is neither... I applied it to my hair- finished up with washing my body and rinse the conditioner out!
Lo and behold- my hair felt even stronger than ever! When I did my detangling (Denman) I lost 6 hairs!!!!
The conditioner is called Bhringraj Conditioner and is made by a company called Sandhu's. For 5.00 !! Cant beat it. I still deep conditioned though:rolleyes:
Ill take a picture of the 2 things I bought I Amla and Brahmi shampoo for my daughter- she's my Ayurvedic relaxed control subject, and put it in my Fotki. She hasn't used it yet.

Update!!!!!
I washed my hair last night with the usual brew and usually after I scritch and rinse I use ElucenceMB or AHR to do a quick co-wash b4 deep conditioning.
Well!
I had gone shopping with Tetbelle and saw a Bhringraj Conditioner- I went back yesterday and bought it (PJ cant help it)
Today I just did my hair tea wash and I decided to try this bhringraj conditioner- just to see what it would do cause the bottle said for thin fine hair- of which my hair is neither... I applied it to my hair- finished up with washing my body and rinse the conditioner out!
Lo and behold- my hair felt even stronger than ever! When I did my detangling (Denman) I lost 6 hairs!!!!
The conditioner is called Bhringraj Conditioner and is made by a company called Sandhu's. For 5.00 !! Cant beat it. I still deep conditioned though:rolleyes:
Ill take a picture of the 2 things I bought I Amla and Brahmi shampoo for my daughter- she's my Ayurvedic relaxed control subject, and put it in my Fotki. She hasn't used it yet.

Giirrrlll, i've been using MAHABHRINGARAJ (i had to paste the name you know i cant spell this lol) oil for just 3 days...

246d_1.JPG
"PURE MAKA"

[this is the brand i'm using as it seems more natural than the others)

i get it from http://stores.ebay.com/NANDI-SHANTHI-SHOP - click hair and beauty for an array of stuff thats hard to find

look how much i shedded!!! (This is after 4-5 days of no combing - usually i lose a handful)

nutundf5.jpg

I'm making my own hair soaps out of this stuff, i'm trying to say goodbye to keracare - the only things left is humecto and hydrating poo

I'm taking some pics today of my starting point, now, i really think this stuff is gonna produce some amazing results [growth]

But i wont hype it too much you never really know - alll i know is that so far - so good, and my hair resembles black silk

Its also aided my sleep as it proposes to do, i sleep like a BABY and wake up refreshed.

Good look all

ps: the Mahabhringraj oil i'm using in replacement of shikakai oil as there are all natural ingredients in this stuff...

Last edited:
News just in aswell

i've realised i've had maka powder in my house for months - i use it to drink to purify my skin...can u believe this is the BHRINGARAJ powder woo hoo!!! the MA in MAHABHRINGARAJ is the additional ingredients

so many new things to try!

so today my recipe is growth influenced.

i will mix:

1 teaspoon of Brahmi powder
2 teaspoons of Amla powder
2 teaspoona of Maka powder

in the regular cup of waters (hot:1 cold:1.5)

and throw ove rmy hair as usual in the shower

I have already pre-poo'ed with MAHABHRINGARAJ oil (lol) [scalp - and amla oil on the hair, i then combed and used my boar bristle brush to distribute. i've left it on for 1 hour

I'll be sticking to this regime for 3 months solid, the only addition will be once per month, i will use my hair soaps, i will stick to the Amla soap as this is moisturizing

i'm taking photos of this process too so this will be on my fotki in about 2 hours or so as i'm washing my hair in a while

Update!!!!!
Well!

I have the same conditioner. I also bought the Henna conditioner. Can't beat the price, so I got those. I may buy one or two of the rinses. They sent me a catalog.

News just in aswell

i've realised i've had maka powder in my house for months - i use it to drink to purify my skin...can u believe this is the BHRINGARAJ powder woo hoo!!! the MA in MAHABHRINGARAJ is the additional ingredients

i will mix:

I have already pre-poo'ed with MAHABHRINGARAJ oil (lol) [scalp - and amla oil on the hair, i then combed and used my boar bristle brush to distribute. i've left it on for 1 hour

I'll be sticking to this regime for 3 months solid, the only addition will be once per month, i will use my hair soaps, i will stick to the Amla soap as this is moisturizing

i'm taking photos of this process too so this will be on my fotki in about 2 hours or so as i'm washing my hair in a while

I've been using BOTH the mahabhringraj and the bhringraj oils for my pre-poos. I need to buy the powders as well. These are specifically for hair growth. LOVE THEM. The Bhringraj oil can be a bit overpowering like mens cologne, so I need to be careful with how much I use. Sometime I use it to seal. But I need to go back to my Indian market and find the powder. I ran out of henna as well. These are great additions.

I did a rollerset the other night which came out great. I have 3 or more inches of underprocessed NG and I thought that I may get some breakage or lose a lot of hair. I only lost maybe a quarter's worth of hair and that include BOTH the detangling and the rollersetting process (using small tooth comb to smooth hair on rollers).

You can get the bhringraj conditioners and other great items here:

www.sandhu.com

When you order, they'll send a catalog. I may order the rinses as well. Very cheap!!! :clapping:

News just in aswell

i will mix:

Can't wait to see your pics!!:yep:

I've been using BOTH the mahabhringraj and the bhringraj oils for my pre-poos. I need to buy the powders as well. These are specifically for hair growth. LOVE THEM. The Bhringraj oil can be a bit overpowering like mens cologne, so I need to be careful with how much I use. Sometime I use it to seal. But I need to go back to my Indian market and find the powder. I ran out of henna as well. These are great additions.

I did a rollerset the other night which came out great. I have 3 or more inches of underprocessed NG and I thought that I may get some breakage or lose a lot of hair. I only lost maybe a quarter's worth of hair and that include BOTH the detangling and the rollersetting process (using small tooth comb to smooth hair on rollers).

www.sandhu.com

When you order, they'll send a catalog. I may order the rinses as well. Very cheap!!! :clapping:

the website didnt work hun, its some search engine thingy.

i've noticed the same thing with NG i didnt even NEED a relaxer last time, but ti was over 3 months so i just went.

who knows, i might turn natural in 08

Giirrrlll, i've been using MAHABHRINGARAJ (i had to paste the name you know i cant spell this lol) oil for just 3 days...

246d_1.JPG
"PURE MAKA"

[this is the brand i'm using as it seems more natural than the others)

i get it from http://stores.ebay.com/NANDI-SHANTHI-SHOP - click hair and beauty for an array of stuff thats hard to find

look how much i shedded!!! (This is after 4-5 days of no combing - usually i lose a handful)

nutundf5.jpg

I'm making my own hair soaps out of this stuff, i'm trying to say goodbye to keracare - the only things left is humecto and hydrating poo

I'm taking some pics today of my starting point, now, i really think this stuff is gonna produce some amazing results [growth]

But i wont hype it too much you never really know - alll i know is that so far - so good, and my hair resembles black silk

Its also aided my sleep as it proposes to do, i sleep like a BABY and wake up refreshed.

Good look all

ps: the Mahabhringraj oil i'm using in replacement of shikakai oil as there are all natural ingredients in this stuff...

I got this oil too! I haven't figured how to use it- So its okay to use as a prepoo? I guess I'll try it the night before I wash!! Cant wait till Monday!!!

News just in aswell

i will mix:

Wouldn't you know I just got home from the indian market and now I see there is even more I need to purchase. :drunk: OH well. I'm going to stick with the shikaiki oil until i runs out and I'll watch your updates to on this product. I love trying all of these oils and making my own.

www.sandhu.com

Thanks for the link. When my oils run out I want to give this a try.

Back