The orginal Fine hair thread 2013

This reminds me, I haven't did a cocoveda prepoo in a minute. I get a relaxer on Wednesday and my first post relaxer wash will include Sukesh, cocoveda and Jamila Henndigo treatment. I stocked up on all these things during their Black Friday sale so I have plenty. I can't wait!

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

KiWiStyle how much was the hennasooq Black Friday discount? I need to know whether to put them on my list of BF sales to prepare/watch out for. TIA

Okay I've been sitting with my hendigo on for about an hour now. My batter was extremely thick after sitting over night kind of like thick brownie batter if that makes sense. It didn't bother me though bc application was very easy. I will rinse it out in 3 more hours and them try one of my new dcs and leave on about an hour lol I can't wait. I might try the YAM from BASK but we shall see...I will post pics later of my hair with the hendigo and then once rinsed out and dc'd.

Soooo my hair really didn't turn out exactly how I wanted. I'm dcing right now with YAM and it smells wonderful. Anyway my already dyed front patch turned a pretty reddish brown color I guess lol and my grays turned a blonde color....and when I say blonde I mean blonde hahaha. It's really pretty though. Can't wait to see what color I get next week when I repeat the process. I let the henna sit over night and applied this am but only left it in for 3 hours. Next time I'm going to leave it in longer and steep my tea longer to. Anyway my pics really don't do it justice but here they are.

ForumRunner_20130506_115517.jpg

ForumRunner_20130506_115530.jpg

ForumRunner_20130506_115543.jpg

ForumRunner_20130506_115554.jpg

ForumRunner_20130506_115612.jpg

ForumRunner_20130506_115629.jpg

Soooo my hair really didn't turn out exactly how I wanted. I'm dcing right now with YAM and it smells wonderful. Anyway my already dyed front patch turned a pretty reddish brown color I guess lol and my grays turned a blonde color....and when I say blonde I mean blonde hahaha. It's really pretty though. Can't wait to see what color I get next week when I repeat the process. I let the henna sit over night and applied this am but only left it in for 3 hours. Next time I'm going to leave it in longer and steep my tea longer to. Anyway my pics really don't do it justice but here they are.

This is quite gorgeous! And I love your curl pattern/texture!

HairPleaseGrow

Your curls are sooo gorgeous!! The color came out nicely too. Its been a day or two now, right?? I wonder how the color looks today. It should be even richer.

ETA: oh now I see you just rinsed this morning. It should be even better tomorrow. What kind of tea did you use? Was it hibiscus?

Last edited:
HairPleaseGrow

Your curls are sooo gorgeous!! The color came out nicely too. Its been a day or two now, right?? I wonder how the color looks today. It should be even richer.

ETA: oh now I see you just rinsed this morning. It should be even better tomorrow. What kind of tea did you use? Was it hibiscus?

Thank you hun. I'm anxious to see what my curls are going to look like when my slow growing hair gets some length. I did a mixture from Chargin Valley teas I had ordered last month. It was like half and half of the one for dry hair and the one for hair growth (stimulation or something like that). I'm going to do it again next weeend and leave it on longer but it came out just okay to me for now. Overall I had a good experience with this being my first henna application.

So I Chelated and Clarified with Elucence M.A Poo and then followed w/ a Protein Treatment today using Mizani Kerafuse today (I Texlaxed last week)

MY...HAIR...FELT....AMAZING :love:!

I steamed for about 45 minutes using the Marshmallow, Slippery Elm and Cinnamon DC and still have it in currently.

My hair is def. a protein lova'. I couldn't imagine not having it in my life.....OH THE HORROR!:nono:....:lol:.

EnExitStageLeft
your hair is so full, and pretty! it looks so healthy!

Anyone have trouble with hair candy/accessories?

Perhaps more the low density fine haired ladies? Everything shows through! The teeth of pretty combs, clips, even hair pins to hold hairs in place just fall out. I can only keep bob pins to stay hidden and secure. The only thing I wear are those giant hair bands for a puff. Sometimes I even gotta be careful with them or they just fling off the top of my head! :lol:

I BC in July 20112 and it's a crawl to SL (damn fragile hair that needs constant dusting!). I just wish I could find stuff to dress it up that doesnt fall out or show through. :ohwell:

Ideas?

Perhaps more the low density fine haired ladies? Everything shows through! The teeth of pretty combs, clips, even hair pins to hold hairs in place just fall out. I can only keep bob pins to stay hidden and secure. The only thing I wear are those giant hair bands for a puff. Sometimes I even gotta be careful with them or they just fling off the top of my head! :lol:

I BC in July 20112 and it's a crawl to SL (damn fragile hair that needs constant dusting!). I just wish I could find stuff to dress it up that doesnt fall out or show through. :ohwell:

Ideas?

I dk ma'am. I use clips and they stay in but I usually have the portion I'm clipping in like a flat twist or something to make it a bit thicker to hold on to. I haven't used decorative combs yet.

DarkJoy

I mostly just wear my hair loose. Just started on this no direct heat personal challenge (3 weeks now). I have been doing roller sets or bantu knot outs; I even had success with a wet wrap one time. Not sure if I am low density but my hair straightens very easily.

The only assessories I have are the large elastic head bands, small ones for a pony tail and the clips pictured below

image-4291259968.jpg

Pretty sad, huh??

My daughter gave me that banana clip thingy but I don't have enough hair in the front for a bun so I feel your pain

Ideas?
YOu n me are in the same boat! I've had headbands slide right off as well. The best I've found are those pins from sally's. They stay in place pretty well.

Thank you so much! I really appreciate it. I was meaning to leave you a comment earlier and tell you that your bun in your avi is giving me alllllll types of life. Did you use a bun maker or is it a wrap around? Spare no details. My low donut buns always look whop sided :ohwell:, so I def. need tips :lol:.

well, thank you! i just twisted the base of the hair (more flat against the nape/bottom) i gathered like a ponytail, and wrapped it around. i pinned it with a spin pin.

Ideas?

when i was natural, i couldn't get anything in my hair expect a goody ouchless band. i always thought once i would get to BSL, it would be easier. by my shrinkage is insane. my hair would be so coily and thick.

Do any of you practice the curly girl method?

I do for the most part. I have a sulfate-free shampoo but I end up using a regular shampoo every now and then...probably every 3 months (only if I've used something with cones). I use mostly Shea Moisture, Tresemme Naturals, and Giovanni products. I cowash mostly and clarify/cleanse with the sulfate-free shampoo or bentonite clay every 1-2 months.

LOL @mshoneyfly it's sad for both of us! Even as a teenager my genetically thin hair couldn't hold a banana clip when they were chic in neon colors in the 80s! I wish I could rock me one, but the teeth grasp at air and the clips just kinda hang :lol::ohwell:
@DarkJoy
The only assessories I have are the large elastic head bands, small ones for a pony tail and the clips pictured below
View attachment 207981
Pretty sad, huh??
My daughter gave me that banana clip thingy but I don't have enough hair in the front for a bun so I feel your pain

@Wenbev, thanks for responding..and what pins are these you speak of?! I would do anything to dress this puff. I'm so BORED!
YOu n me are in the same boat! I've had headbands slide right off as well. The best I've found are those pins from sally's. They stay in place pretty well.
@shortdub78--i have massive shrinkage too, which makes wearing it up impossible, unless I can find something with teeth that will hold and stretch the sides and back, however my hair is THIN so finding the right clip to pull the coils along the sides and back without showing the teeth through is difficult.. The one time in my life I was past cbl as a kid, I couldnt wear it up unless I tore through the shrunk sides with a denman.:nono: My mom would straighten it, but guess what? Low density meant most hair candy falls off when straight. It's just so silly all these catch-22s!
when i was natural, i couldn't get anything in my hair expect a goody ouchless band. i always thought once i would get to BSL, it would be easier. by my shrinkage is insane. my hair would be so coily and thick.

Last edited:
DarkJoy the bobby pins from Sally's tis what I speak lol. Thry come in a little container and they do not come out unless you pull them out :)

I am not sure whether my hair is fine or not. I can definitely feel the strands and I have a few wispy almost invisible strands but most of my strands are highly visible but break easily. So maybe I have a mix of fine and super fine?

Does anyone else have the following problem?

Say you do two strand twists they start out looking big, fluffy and full for one day, then the next day they look all stringy and compressed? Thus I want to do my twists over again for the full and fluffy look, defeating the purpose of protective styling. Other women seem to be able to have fluffy un changing twists for weeks on end. My hair is annoying at times.

manter26

Your siggy :love:

softblackcotton

My twists start and stay skinny. They never look good on me. What products are you using to twist? Perhaps if something has a high oil content, your hair will start to clump together and become slick.

manter26

Your siggy :love:

softblackcotton

My twists start and stay skinny. They never look good on me. What products are you using to twist? Perhaps if something has a high oil content, your hair will start to clump together and become slick.

loulou82

Right after deep conditioning and washing I seal my slightly damp hair with a smidgen of shea moisture deep treatment masque then i top it off castor oil and coconut oil. (mostly focusing on last three inches to ends with the oils). Hair feels moisturized for at least 3 days after. I can't seem to find anything lighter that keeps my hair moisturized more than a few hours. You are right, the heavy oils and butters could be the culprit. I tried only applying something like jojoba oil only and my hair was dry as all get out and they still get compressed. My hair never hold styles for a second day. I don't really get it. I think my hair strands are fine, but my density is pretty high I have to forcefully part and hold down my hair tightly to see any scalp.

Can anyone tell me if splits are inevitable with fine hair? I trim about 1/4inch every other month. I cowash and dc regularly and I've been keeping my hair hidden under wigs all of this year except maybe 5 times I have done a wash n go. I keep my ends moisturized and hidden. But I'm examining my ends that I can see and it seems like every other hair has a split about 1/4inches. Do I need to be trimming every month?

DarkJoy the bobby pins from Sally's tis what I speak lol. Thry come in a little container and they do not come out unless you pull them out :)

I loved those pins at first but after a while i noticed that because they were so tight they pulled my hair out

Back